Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Dan Mullen - NFL?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by 62gator, Jan 3, 2021.

1. BanditGator

BanditGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
  2. dadx4

dadx4 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville, Fl
    Yep, pretty much.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DawgFanFromAlabam

DawgFanFromAlabam GC Hall of Fame

Apr 18, 2007
    Post-game press conference costume allowance?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    From another poster on another site who is very very credible:

Coach scheduled for NFL Interviews:

Granted, this list isn’t complete, and some of these teams will need to move on to 2nd/3rd/4th choices. But the lack of a certain name is telling, and rather concerning or relieving, depending on your point of view.

Joe Brady, Arthur Smith, Jason Garrett, Marvin Lewis, Eric Bienemy, Brandon Staley, Matt Eberflus, Robert Saleh, Urban Meyer (actually not sure if he’s scheduled an interview but he’s clearly a candidate for JAX), Raheem Morris and Darrell Bevell. Unsure if Romeo Crennell will be given an opportunity to interview for permanent status as the HOU DC.

Other heavily mentioned names with no interview(s) scheduled, to my knowledge: Greg Roman, Byron Leftwich, Brian Daboll, Jim Harbaugh, Nathaniel Hackett, Don “Wink” Martindale.

Outside of this message board and twitter, aside from one brief tidbit by Adam Schefter, almost no one is talking about Mullen. No interviews scheduled besides the fake one with Atlanta. These jobs will go quickly, even though coaches who are still working for playoff teams may not be announced until after their seasons end.

What this likely means is that he’s not on anyone’s want list, or if he is, he’s towards the bottom. He’s not leaving Florida without another job and UF is not firing him unless he’s done some really wacky crap behind the scenes we don’t know of presently.

Therefore, we have to hope this whole thing is put to bed soon. Even then, I still think it’s going to linger over this program like storm clouds over the Swamp before an early September kickoff. It’s a mess. Still, if the important people speak out soon and present a united front, people will stop talking about it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. gatorbait23

gatorbait23 Freshman

Nov 10, 2017
    GhettoGator isn’t an insider. He’s a fan just like you and I.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. gatorskater

gatorskater GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    If this happens, the UAA should given him an extension with an incentinve laden contract, caveats with demands for changes in staff and whatever else is needed.

7. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    I didn’t say he was an insider.

8. Eggy21

Eggy21 GC Legend

Dec 8, 2010
    Westerly, RI
    There's no "inside" information there lmao. The guy just named every coach who's been reported to be getting an interview. Urban Meyer hasn't even been reported to have an interview with JAX yet, does that mean they're not interested? Greg Schiano was never linked to the Tampa Bay job until the day he got it, neither was Chip Kelly when he turned it down. It's far easier to keep potential hires from college under wraps than it is NFL coordinators because you need permission from the team to interview them, so that's easy information to get out.

Regardless if NFL teams are legitimately interested or not, Mullen, Stricklin or somebody at the university needs to say something. The radio silence since his name got out there is making speculation run wild. Give a bland "Dan Mullen is our coach" statement or something, I don't care, just give us some something. We're at a critical point with the '21 class wrapping up for NSD (and a target or two still out there for us), talented players hitting the portal and the need to get going on the '22 class. Having this uncertainty about Mullen is not helping any of them.

9. gatorranger7

gatorranger7 All American

Jun 8, 2007
    I appreciate the moderators combining and culling the topic list into one thread.

10. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Sarasota, FL
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. dadx4

dadx4 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville, Fl
  12. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    Good article here, of course at odds with 2nd highest odds... so 2021

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. royalewitcheesee

royalewitcheesee GC Legend

Nov 20, 2016
    I'm going to go sleep in a cave devoid of all internet and media for two weeks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. traubgator

traubgator GC Legend

Apr 8, 2007
    the only reason you take the jets job is for $
    No coach left there and had a successful career after except for Pete Carroll.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Sarasota, FL
    Good read. I do wonder one thing though, where is Dan?

16. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Legend

Nov 19, 2014
    Hoboken, NJ?

I kid, I kid.

Maybe vacation?

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. MaceoP

MaceoP GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    First. Writer of the article should know lower odds are better
    Looking at the article there was a link to a betting site with no info on jets coaching search. Also saw a NY post article listing a bunch of candidates with no mention of Mullen

18. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    He was on the Heisman show with Kyle tonight.

19. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Sarasota, FL
  20. lerxst6

lerxst6 GC Legend

Apr 11, 2007
    Naples