Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Dan chewin' some Grantham ass

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GratefulGator, Nov 28, 2020.

1. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    The good thing is Trask has tons of game experience and doesn’t need the reps

2. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

I gave you bacon..just as an honor to @FeeBart :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. thetrooper

thetrooper Junior

Oct 28, 2020
    ... vs Vandy & Kentucky.

2 of the worst offenses in Power 5.

Defend TG all you want, at this point it seems fairly clear we need change. A younger DC who is able to get guys lined up on time.

4. thetrooper

thetrooper Junior

Oct 28, 2020
    ... vs the worst passing QB in the SEC.

That's the book on TG. If you have an accurate QB, you shred him. But if not, TG looks good.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. tilly

But out of rythm is an exaggeration. We simply did not have the football. We had it for like 6 minutes and scored. Kyle was very effective, even in the 6 minutes. One dropped slant, and one fumble arent rythm issues. Both play calls worked. Both were careless plays by our guy catching the ball.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. thetrooper

thetrooper Junior

Oct 28, 2020
    I never grasp this.

"Support" - sure. Want him to succeed.

But when you see MOUNDS and MOUNDS of evidence he's not "the guy" for what is a plum job, you should have your fan card revoked if you continue to defend him.

I think TG is a good coordinator, not a great one. And we can get a great one.

7. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Thank you for clarifying - but I still don’t follow your logic. Comparing this weird no-practice, late-start, limited roster, covid-shortened patched together all-SEC season to anything that happened under Mac over 5 years ago is pretty ridiculous at best.

I’m beginning to think this board is over populated with accountants who just play with spreadsheets on their laptops and occasionally look at the game to check the score

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

A lot of the people on this board are downright embarrassing

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. tilly

Mullens guy has better stats then those guys yet you say Mullen isn't trying his best to get Trask the Heisman?

Brantly and Newton combined for 16 TD mopping up for Tebow. Most of that was Brantley in 2009. If Tebow gets those stats , he wins another Heisman.

Backups need reps. Mullen knows, that only one thing matters. Beating Bama. Beating Bama will give him an SEC and Hesiman winner.

You cant beat Bama if Trask gets hurt.

Also Kentucky took out Tebow and Franks, maybe that is in his head somewhere?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

The same can be said for all the people with GDS - hand select stats to build their case for firing Grantham, bitching about Mullen “screwing over Trask”, or any other pet peeve that’s got their panties in a bunch.

You’re spot on, and it goes both ways.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. tilly

Oh I agree. Kentucky just sucks and aTm doesnt. Grantham numbers vs bad teams is fools gold. I just think he earned the tongue lashing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  12. steveGator52

steveGator52 GC Hall of Fame

May 3, 2016
    DC Metro area
    My response to this is to point out 2018 Franks. Was Franks ever pulled to get the backup some meaningful playing time, even when he was struggling? I think cupcake games 1/2 and the Missouri game were the only times Trask got on the field that year.

So is 2019/2020 how Mullen would like to handle things going forward, or is this the anomaly? I can’t remember Tebow getting pulled this much in 2007/2008. Maybe Leak in 2006. Time will tell.

But how many times this year has Mullen throttled back the offense when we got a biggish lead?

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  13. thetrooper

thetrooper Junior

Oct 28, 2020
    Definition of GDS:

"Annoyance/frustration when a defense consisting of elite-level athletes can't get lined up on time or stay in gaps."

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Just attempted to do some lip reading and looked like tg was saying “that don’t work, that shit don’t ever work “

15. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    The numbers thing over our eyes drives me nuts. Case in point Kevin Cash pulling Blake Snell when he’s dominating the Dodgers “because the numbers said”....you know what happened after that. Snell was filthy and making people look bad. Bobby Cox never does that back in his day.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. thetrooper

thetrooper Junior

Oct 28, 2020
    Weird b/c Alabama seems to be doing mostly fine now after some early season issues.

I don't expect us to be Bama. But we're the 6th-ranked D in the SEC right now in both ypg & ppg. Don't you think it's a REASONABLE expectation at the University of Florida that we're minimally top 3-4 in the conference in defense?

• Like Like x 1
  17. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    I said in the game thread I’m done bitching about the defense , I feel like a jilted woman some times bec of it. Just gonna hope they steer this fker into some shiny jewelry

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Better man than me ha ha I try to lip read that thing 10 times. I can’t believe he said anything back. Very bold

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. gator_annarbor

gator_annarbor Junior

Nov 9, 2019
    The same vandy freshman QB who lit up Granthams D for 300 yards was 11-18 for 79 yard against Missouri....MIZZOU! Makes you wonder what Grantham doesn’t see that other DCs see?

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. steveGator52

steveGator52 GC Hall of Fame

May 3, 2016
    DC Metro area
    I think Alabama has been facing weaker offenses as well that fit into their wheelhouse. Ole Miss is always going to be a bad fit for the Alabama defense, and our offense will be as well. The question this year is what will our defense do?

• Agree Agree x 1