Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Dan chewin' some Grantham ass

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GratefulGator, Nov 28, 2020.

1. dudeman

dudeman Junior

Oct 11, 2020
    Yeah, let's give some slack to the guy letting a terrible offense like Kentucky completely control the clock, and also...let's not put any pressure on the DC to stop a drive that had gone about 7 minutes at the time of the tongue lashing, that had only required one 3rd down, which was a 3rd and 10 where Grantham's defense had a major bust and let the QB run free for 20 yards. The only reason they didn't score a TD on that drive was because they tried to pass once inside the 10yd line.

Mizzou just shut out Vandy today, so let's not pretend the scores from the last two weeks indicate growth or progress or good performance - they don't.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  2. dudeman

dudeman Junior

Oct 11, 2020
    How dare these people be allowed to express their thoughts!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. dudeman

dudeman Junior

Oct 11, 2020
    Yeah, Grantham's huge belly really strikes fear in people. Surprised he isn't in the UFC. And what does it say about you, and Grantham, to suggest that he would "slap his sorry ass into the trash" over criticism about a job for which he has an immense amount of both salary and security, while consistently underperforming?

• Come On Man Come On Man x 5
  4. DBCooper

DBCooper GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Hendersonville, NC
    Unless you’re Bama, 60 minutes of every game is not going to be a command performance. A lot of youngsters got playing time and a 24 point win over UK with no serious Gator injuries is not a bad afternoon’s work.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. Nostradamus

Nostradamus GC Legend

Sep 18, 2015
    I’d love to see Braun and either Forsyth or Tarquin at RT

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nostradamus

Nostradamus GC Legend

Sep 18, 2015
    Three years

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. twodaparty

twodaparty GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    This post has so much truth. Game, set, match. Goodnight.

• Creative Creative x 1
  8. freedomgator

freedomgator GC Legend

Mar 26, 2017
    In what way is Mullen "screwing over Trask?" Yes, he has handled Trask differently than Franks. This is because they are different players, which should be obvious. Handling them differently is a sign of not being an idiot. As far as not giving a crap about helping Trask win the Heisman, what an absolutely braindead statement. If Trask stays healthy and we beat Alabama Trask will win the Heisman. As such, the best thing Mullen can do is keep Trask healthy and then come up with the best possible game plan for Alabama. Presumably this is exactly what Mullen is doing, and anyone who thinks Mullen is somehow sabotaging Trask's chances is a dunderhead.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Here’s where some of the sunshine pumpers irk me a little. You can’t go to the numbers only to make your point. Not you coach but the figurative “you”. Numbers can never take the place of what your eyes tell you. It’s as simple as that. You see this shit all over baseball now.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    I would be infinitely more concerned if Dan was throwing him under the bus in a presser. Any dude that knows offense as well as Dan does absolutely has to know defense just as well to be that good of a play caller. Of course Dan knows what’s what with the defense and I have 0 problem with the undressing done on the sideline. Even as much as I feel tg leaves to be desired you never wanna see the hbc throw one of his employees under the bus. Thought it was handled perfectly stem to stern

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  11. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    All I want for Christmas is a defense that plays with passion, lines up properly, communicates, has good technique and fundamentals, camaraderie, pride.

TG seems to have the philosophy that his knowledge of the game should mean his players will excel. I see no leadership on the field. Repeatedly not having players lined up properly is inexcusable, especially this far into the season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    A lot of good points but with regards to Trask and staying healthy I ask this: Then why a designed run the last series he was in up by 24? That one made no sense at all and could have led to injury much more than handing off or passing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    I didn’t understand the designed QB run for Trask. Very dangerous and risky. And to do it up 24 late was surprising.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    100%. Running on us and can only imagine what Bama will do if we don’t change something. People talk about Kyle and our offense doing this and that possibly against Bama. Hard to do anything when your on the sideline.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

@gatorpit - it was a freaking joke!
    SMH

• Like Like x 1
  16. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

I call this “GDS” — Grantham Derangement Syndrome.

• Creative Creative x 1
  17. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    UK points before DC ass-chewing - 10
    UK points after DC ass-chewing - 0

Correlation? Effective HC management of DC?

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Film. Probably just trying to make sure the defenses have to spend some time game planning for it.

19. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Question: How do you think a 30 second ass chewing in the middle of the game is going to suddenly change the level of play out on the field? If it was that easy our D would have come out of the locker room on fire to start the 3rd quarter up in College Station. I’m thinking there’s way too much being made over this.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

1. For starters what rule does it violate? I 100% disagree with their assessment, but that is not a rule violation is it?

2. We may miss it. We don't see every post. That is why we have a report button. If we let it stand after a report than itmust not violate a rule, but often the stuff is never reported and we just miss it.