Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Dan chewin' some Grantham ass

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GratefulGator, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yeah, but I'm not sure Tennessee and LSU are playing worse right now than Vandy and Kentucky are.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. steveGator52

steveGator52 GC Hall of Fame

May 3, 2016
    DC Metro area
    It’s a valid question about Mullen and his thought process about the qb position. Franks was not the sharpest at times during 2018, yet Mullen only pulled him one time, no matter how much he struggled. In 2019, it took a Franks injury for Trask to see the field.

Trask has been starting for a year and a half and he has been pulled multiple times, when performance on the field can’t be argued as the reason for the change. Will Mullen’s next qb get subbed out as much as Trask has been?

Additionally, Mac Jones gets the chance to throw for 5 TDs against Auburn. Laurence gets to run up his stats against Pittsburg. Contrast this to Mullen turning Trask into a handoff machine for the last quarter of the game. Two coaches look to be trying their best to get their qb the Heisman, while one coach does not. Which coach is that?

• Come On Man Come On Man x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. GatorKenW

GatorKenW GC Hall of Fame

Dec 29, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    I was very excited to see Coach using the knife hand. showed he meant business.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. freedomgator

freedomgator GC Legend

Mar 26, 2017
    So what's your point? Nobody cares about Bama or Clemson, their circumstances are different than ours. Is Dan wrong for using the backup QB to generate some running game? If so, why?

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    Long overdue IMO

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Gatorfred

Gatorfred GC Legend

Oct 15, 2012
    How long has Grantham’s Christmas lights been up?

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. steveGator52

May 3, 2016
    DC Metro area
    That Mullen is screwing over Trask even though we almost lost to Kentucky two years in a row due to his loyalty to Franks at qb. We don’t win last year at Kentucky if Franks was still at qb. I have an issue with how Mullen has handled Trask completely differently than he handled Franks less than one year prior.

It seems other coaches think that the Heisman trophy is something they should help their players win. Alabama could have handed the ball off, but decided helping their qb’s Heisman campaign was more important. Our coach seems to not give a crap about helping Trask win the Heisman.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. l_boy

l_boy VIP Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Mullen is an insanely competitive guy. If this wasn't clear before, the brawl and his presser conference made it clear. And it is also clear that he is a very talented offensive tactician, and knows how to read defenses.

I have complete confidence that Mullen has the ability to evaluate DG. If he thinks performance is subpar he will work to mitigate it. It is ridiculous to think he would accept sub par performance due to friendship or other rationale.

I will say the D has gotten better as the season has progressed. The second half was much better. It looked like we had much more success when we brought a lot of pressure vs sitting back and relying on pass coverage.

This is an unusual season.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  9. Gatorfred

Gatorfred GC Legend

Oct 15, 2012
    It also could be that Trask’s performance has force the other coaches to pad there stats. Trask’s story is compelling. Win out and he wins the trophy.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. l_boy

l_boy VIP Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Indeed. Trask is putting up ridiculously low numbers. If only he were breaking all time SEC and national passing records.

• Winner x 6
    • Funny x 4
    • Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Wish I would have said that x 1
  11. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Disagree, you gotta go Bear first down. If they choose to throw great. Against our regular package they’ll gash us on first down. Gotta force them ty throw. If they get ahead of the sticks on first down we are in big trouble. Grantham may also need to move his corners up and have them play more press coverage. Gotta change some things to have a chance. Can’t just be happy getting there

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. steveGator52

May 3, 2016
    DC Metro area
    Those other coaches are doing what they usually do. Clemson, Ohio State, Alabama, LSU, etc. have always been running up the stats. That is just what they do. Most have their starting qbs in no matter what the score is.

Do you remember Burrows getting pulled early from many games last year? Laurence? Fields? Tua? I think Mullen is pretty unique in not trying to ruts against most teams. We usually are stepping way off the gas on the second half, while other teams don’t.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    Did Bammer Pull Jones today?

How did their D look? Calls get in on time so players weren’t in panic mode trying to get in position?

Or not

Go Gators
    KT cubed

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Hard to find words to describe a person like that. I’d love to watch him stand face to face with Todd Grantham and call him “trash”. Grantham would slap his sorry ass into the trash

SMDH

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  15. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

We gave up 10 points
    WTF

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  16. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    He keeps them up year round

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

It seems you can insult and disrespect our coaches at free will, but you can’t insult the buttheads who do it

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Wing. His defense often play good against the less talented teams. Frankly, against UK today, they were getting manhandled until Dan finally had enough and lit him up.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

When “they tried to throw it, they were easily sacked or intercepted.”.....

is this the basis for a complaint? I don’t understand. We gave up 10 freaking points, got 2 interceptions, and shut them out in the 2nd half. Are we honestly bitching about this?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  20. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Arkansas Against two terrible teams.
    Remember just 15 days ago they made Franks look All-SEC.

• Agree Agree x 2