Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Dan chewin' some Grantham ass

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GratefulGator, Nov 28, 2020.

1. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Wing,

With you brother if:

Diabate doesn’t suddenly disappear next week and plays 90% of the snaps.

we truly play to stop the run. If we do we win by 25 to 30 and don’t appear to be struggling.

We give Hill or someone equal snaps to #3 and #13.

5 man D front on first down only way to truly help this defense.

• Like Like x 4
  2. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    Ding Ding Ding!!!!!

gotta start first down in the Bear Front.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

on good authority eh?

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  4. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Fair enough.. I’ll retract to a lot of posters I know we have a few coaches on the board.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    by truly playing to stop the run I mean 5 man DL front from here on out on first down. You know you can’t win getting gashed on first down and we will if we don’t make some changes to start the game.

6. LAGatorDoc

LAGatorDoc GC Hall of Fame

Jul 29, 2012
    The Shorter fumble derailed our game plan a little... we score that drive, we are up 14-0 and they can’t run at will anymore

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. spincycle81

spincycle81 GC Legend

Oct 10, 2015
    Insider rumblings, or something

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Our offense only had 6 minutes to work with in the first half. Our yards per play was double theirs, but they had twice as many plays as we did.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. thom1507

thom1507 Junior

Oct 13, 2019
    No, I couldn't. Turnovers didn't help, but UF O had only 4 possessions in the half and KY time of possession was over 23 minutes in the first half. Tough to get any rhythm being on the sideline most of the half. Thats on the defense. It has to be part of the reason CDM was livid.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. GCNumber7

GCNumber7 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Trask was uncharacteristically off the first half too. That killed several drives. The whole team must have been reading how Kentucky had 18 players out and thought this would be a cake walk. They must have forgotten what happened two weeks ago.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. tigator2019

tigator2019 GC Legend

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF
    Shame on you. I’ve lived in Birmingham and Omaha.

After many a win Bama and Neb schools fans complain and moan easily 100 times worse than gators fans.

And dont get me started on tOSU fans

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. coach

coach GC Hall of Fame

Dec 5, 2008
    Boca Raton
    The thing that bugs me is the way we struggle early doing substitutions on 1st drive of the game. You know the other team is going to tempo our ass and has scripted the opening drive. Why are we trying to match their speed when you are at a disadvantage? Dumb it down early and be sound and dial it up as the game goes on. Every week we look like a Taggart coached team early in the game.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Seems to me many of our opponents give us a much better game than they do other teams they face.

It's like they play UP to us.

Conversely....it seems we are guilty of playing DOWN to certain teams.

That's something our coaching staff needs to address.

Meaning the head coach....

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. SeabudGator

SeabudGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 23, 2014
    We cannot play bear against Bama. They will eat that up with quick passes. Especially early in the season I know mullen forces our offense to do things they are not great at understanding that we have to improve in those areas to beat the really good teams. Wondering if they are trying to have us stop the run "straight up" (4 DL) looking ahead to Bama?

Having said the above, it seems perfectly clear that we struggle to stop the run with 4DL. This is not all on the DL as our starting LBs often struggle to fill the right hole and close seams/gaps.

Like the right side of our OL, it seems clear that we have a few areas on this team that are not playing at a championship level. We can either continue to win against lesser competition with the same guys that are not getting it done and hope they can be coached up by Bama time, change the scheme to try to hide them (and that has costs) or try new faces. I'd like to see more of the younger guys (at RG, secondary and LB). Then again, I make exactly $0 to coach and do not see these kids every day, but it is a message board.

In any event, good win and glad Dan was frustrated with the D in the first half.

• Like Like x 4
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  15. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Agreed, but let's be honest in saying that a whole bunch of the criticism on this board (see the game threads :eek:) is of the low variety.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Charlie Strong, his defenses were pretty good and gets him off Saban's staff.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

lol, so fumbling the ball does not fit in as a variable in the being out played ? I thought UKs plan was out standing in running the ball and keep our offense out of rhythm and off the field .

• Come On Man Come On Man x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. cubangator

cubangator GC Legend

Jul 8, 2017
    My issue with Grantham and Mullen too for matter of facts it’s that they have been playing 10 players on defense and a photographer, yes a photographer because #13 (Donovan Steiner) Doesn’t make any plays and the only thing he does is keep looking at the plays like if he was taking pictures and Mullen keeps playing him.

19. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Maybe they want to buy a case of Bud Light...

Bud Light Swear Jar - YouTube

20. wargunfan

wargunfan GC Hall of Fame

Jan 6, 2010
    Inside your head.
    Bama is gonna roll our defense like a cheap cigarette. We are still not in place at the snap; running around like recess in kindergarten. Our gap control stinks; wide open receivers and just too many silly mistakes. Ironic that we have the most prolific offense since the Tebow years and can't stop the most pedestrian of offenses. If we could get our act together on defense there would be no stopping us. The talent is there; TG needs to go.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1