Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Dameon Pierce

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Dec 25, 2021.

1. locomotion

locomotion Sophomore

Oct 23, 2018
    One of my all time favorites! Ran like a man possessed! I will miss him wearing the orange and blue and will be forever mad we didn't get to see more of his work. Great things coming at the next level.

2. kes

kes GC Hall of Fame

May 26, 2007
    DeLand, FL
    Thanks for the effort. I recall the heat seeking missile on special teams. You made yourself known from day one. That you came to play. You always did what was asked of you. We all wanted for more, I’m sure you included. Thanks for the memories.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. username

username GC Legend

Aug 17, 2017
    No way Jose. I’m hoping Atlanta since their HC needs to find somebody to fill the Derrick Henry role

4. GatorTodd

GatorTodd GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    He has as much talent as any back we’ve had in quite a while. He will have a prolific NFL career.

5. gatorpower

gatorpower GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    The last RB at Florida who was properly utilized with Ciatrick Fason back when Zook was a coach.

From there, you had a long list of RBs who either did not deserve to be starters, or guys who sat on the bench for no apparent reason.

Mike Gillislee was criminally underused, then came Matt Jones, then came Lamical Perine (though honestly, we had no OL his last year), now comes Dameon Pierce. Pierce is a guy who not only punishes defenders with his shoulder and legs, but has the speed to break out. All four guys I just mentioned should have god damn been 1,500-1,700 yard RBs.

No fault to Emory Jones, but the did he deserve all the passing and running opportunities he got this year? Hell, let the bruiser take the ball 30+ times a game to soften up the defense, so maybe your mediocre QB can win a few battles against a cheating defense.

If you just handed the ball off to Pierce 20 times a game, I am extremely confident that not only would Dan Mullen still be coach, but we would have had only one loss all year. Maybe even undefeated. Exchange all those Richardson passes against Georgia with Pierce? You know, help your freshmen QB?!!

We would have run for over 250-275 yards, had less mistakes, and won the game. The dude was averaging over 7 yards/carry against Georgia, with only 9 carries. NINE. Turn that to 29 and we win the game by 10 points. This staff was beyond stupid and I am glad they're all fired.

Almost makes me feel like Emmitt Smith put a voodoo curse every coach after Galen Hall to make them all too stupid to hand the ball off to the best player on offense to protect his rushing records. LOL

• Like Like x 4
  6. scooterp

scooterp GC Legend

Feb 15, 2012
    Mom, I think you are letting your emotions get in the way. There is a lot of inaccuracies in your post. Plenty of freshmen have seen the field with significant action. And yes, Dameon did deserve more of the lion’s share of carries but to suggest Davis & Wright shouldn’t get carries is just insulting to the effort they gave. Because they did perform quite well for the most part.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. g8r925

g8r925 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 10, 2009
    Immokalee,fla
    Damien pierce won me over his freshman year. Lifting with the O line and claims “that’s baby weight”. Loved it. He has truly been a great example to his team on how to play the game. Play with fire and passion and love for the TEAM. I’ll be keeping tabs on where this young man goes for sure. Had to be one of the most under utilized weapons in recent team history.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  8. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    Like Rhett he is more than capable and willing to carry the team on his back when needed. Too bad the coaches didn't understand this.

Dude has juice.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Agree with mom. What Freshman got significant time this year beyond Marshall?

• Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  10. tripsright

tripsright Junior

Dec 2, 2021
    Florida
    Really should have been our clear #1 RB. I get sharing the load and all that. No reason for a guy to have 30 carries a game. But, Damien earned 15-20 carries per game.
    Best of luck in the NFL. Gator Nation will be cheering for this man.

• Winner Winner x 2
  11. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    Man, I hope his hard work and dedication gets him a great NFL career. Praying for him at the next level and thankful he chose to be a Gator. If we had a team of DPs, we’d be National Champs. Love the man!

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. manigordo

manigordo GC Hall of Fame

DP...a football player's football player. Teammate, loyal, hard work, and no fear. My kind of guy. Best of luck young man!

13. scooterp

scooterp GC Legend

Feb 15, 2012
    She said 4 years.

14. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Loved his game. Extremely mad at the coaches who under utilized him. Hope that under utilization leads to a longer nfl career.

15. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    DP is definitely a face you can put as "the Gator Standard". Want him in Miami on my Dolphins BAD!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. trump4life

trump4life Junior

Oct 7, 2020
    Tallahassee
    DP: May you have a long and productive career in the NFL. You have exhibited to us fans that you are a high quality athlete and a high quality young man despite the obvious inadequacies of the coaching you had for your time in Gainesville. May God keep you healthy as you enter this new phase of your life. Thanks for being a Gator!

17. hawaiigator

hawaiigator All American

Sep 9, 2018
    Seemed like once he got on a roll, he got taken out. It’s a shame, he was making holes where there weren’t

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. funngun28

funngun28 Junior

Jan 5, 2020
    Always fell forward and grabbed the extra yards while protecting the ball… perfect blend of power and finesse… a stand-up guy who any Gator would be proud to have as the “face” of the program. Thanks for the memories, DP!

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. gator10

gator10 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2015
    We need to petition to create one.

20. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    Dameon was full of heart. He battled on every play for every yard. Those that defended him had to fight him until he was down, because his legs would keep driving until he was. I'd take another Dameon Pierce clone on the roster any day. He did whatever was asked of him (or wasn't asked of him) without a single complaint that I can recall in his entire college career. All of this Florida Gator Heart in a guy who was born and raised in the same Georgia town as Kirby Smart makes Mr. Pierce a Gator for life in my mind.

• Like Like x 2