Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

D’eriq King to Miami

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by jdy2323, Jan 19, 2020.

1. mfpardnor2

mfpardnor2 Old School Gator Premium Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Jensen Beach, FL
    Wasn't he a character on the Beverly Hillbillies?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2009
    Why is this in recruiting? He's going into his 5th year.

Here's precedent for an even younger player going to UM making the SG page:

Martell going to Miami...

So, why?

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. LLCoolJ94

LLCoolJ94 GC Hall of Fame

Because the transfer portal is part of recruiting these days my dude.

See the multiple Shorter threads as well as Van Pren.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. nolancarey

Aug 16, 2009
    Didn't Martell go through the portal? Isn't King a GRAD transfer?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. 1975Gator

1975Gator All American

Jan 5, 2012
    Ummm.. Van Pran is not a transfer nor is he in the portal.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. LLCoolJ94

Really not sure of the relevance. A transfer is a transfer is a transfer.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. LLCoolJ94

I meant to write Cade Mays from UGA. I had Van Pran on the brain. For that matter, Franks is transferring, and we have a thread about that too.

So, I guess that is to say what's your point really? We have multiple threads on transfers in this section, do you have any arguments for a counter point?

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. nolancarey

Aug 16, 2009
    Ah, yes, the transfer portal is not noteworthy. Then let's move these threads back to SG like we did before. We don't put threads in AR when we lose transfers, so it makes sense, right?

... Wait why is there a Franks thread here?

This section has become absurd.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Definitely this.

10. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    Did he not have a spot in Athens? Or is Miami the place he chose to party?

11. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    Couple of games I watched, King looked damn good at Houston. Big pickup for Miami, tho I can't see why he would go there given their o line, must be the new OC, who is more of a spread guy. Glad he didn't transfer to fsu or lsu.

Chain reaction will be at least one Miami qb to the portal, maybe 2. I think the kid that started against the Gators is gone. He is not a good fit for the new offense and almost left once before.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Was 1-3 when played last year. Needs a team around him to be successful. Wonder if any of the Miami QBs hit the portal?

13. 1975Gator

1975Gator All American

Jan 5, 2012
    My point was that you incorrectly insinuated that Van Pran was a transfer thus the possibility of having to sit out a year or not having full eligibility. Passing misinformation is how people get confused and then start repeating fake news. It seems to me you have done this before.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. LLCoolJ94

Dude, what are you talking about? Literally, I pointed to two names with whom I had in mind. Because I watched VP's film recently, I had him on mind. Particularly, comparing and contrasting him with:

1) Walker
    2) Braun
    3) Dumerville

I didn't insinuate a damn thing. I named him accidentally. This was nothing more or less than a typo.

Nevertheless, the main idea was that there are many threads in this section that discuss transfers. To wit:

Tathan
    Franks
    Mays
    Shorter
    etc

This is textbook definition of missing the point.

More to the point, the last correspondence between us was rather one-sided, shall I disclose this publicly?

Finally, I would love for you to support your argument wherein I have mislead anybody on this board. You cannot make such an argument, and leave people hanging, me in particular: Show your work. Again, with respect to our previous conversations, you know I'll back up what I say. Perhaps, you want to tell everybody about your love for UCF?

Otherwise, keep my name out of your mouth and away from your fingers. Do not libel me again.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. LLCoolJ94

How is the transfer portal less than important? What are you even talking about? For that matter, Lingard transferring here is a stickied thread! It makes more sense to put threads about potential transfer targets in AR than SG. At least with respect to those players that might transfer here. On the other hand, it could make sense to put transfers to other schools in SG. Still, I could understand them going in here as well.

• Agree Agree x 7
  16. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    King and the offense averaged over 30 pts per game in those 4 games, which included Okla. No defense.

17. dallasgatr

dallasgatr GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    King is good, real good. Be interesting to see how he does at Miami.

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Welcome to 2020 where the transfer portal is an important and essential part of every team’s recruiting effort. A HS recruit can’t immediately help a team in many cases. While always the exception, a grad transfer that started at another P5 program can immediately fill a depth concern. UGA just recruited a QB from Wake Forest and a TE from FSU as grad transfers. Both were positions of need and both are projected to start. The TE replaces another grad transfer TE UGA recruited from TN the prior year. Oklahoma has had three different transfers play QB for them the last three years. LSU just had a grad transfer from Ohio State lead them to a National Championship. Those that think a transfer is not recruiting related must not follow recruiting much. The best programs continuously build their roster in this fashion, as UF has also done under Mullen ( Grimes, Van Jeff, Greenard, as examples)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  19. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    Nobody's forcing you to come into this section. It's not a big deal. Don't like a thread (based off the topic), don't click it

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  20. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

I would expect AR to cover any personnel additions to our team (or other teams of interest), via recruiting, portal, or transfer.

• Agree Agree x 3