Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Cratering Poll Numbers

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by citygator, Jun 24, 2020.

1. leftcoastgator

leftcoastgator Ambivalent Zealot Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Sonoma, CA
    Remember the 3 am phone call? Voters place a lot of weight on how a candidate would handle a crisis.

In Trump’s case we have one of our greatest crises in history, and the jury has reached a verdict.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    Odd that trump would support a pedophile.

Not really. This is the guy that lurked in the Miss Teen dressing rooms. Birds of a feather.

3. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Time for Trump's numbers to get worse. After his Rose Garden speech, I expect each debate will be like a seventies style disaster movie.

4. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Too bad we have to wait so long for sentencing.

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. leftcoastgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Sonoma, CA
    Yes, but there’s got to be a morning after, if we can hold on through the night.

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. WC53

WC53 GC Legend

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    1FB486E4-000C-4C64-907A-D65EAAFB49D4.jpeg

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. obgator

obgator GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    upload_2020-7-24_11-9-39.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  8. RIP

RIP VIP Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Bush would wax the floor with Trump in an imaginary vocabulary contest.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    Yeah, I feel like Bush is being unfairly targeting for his combo Texasy/Southern twang.

10. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2009
    They've both introduced about as many new words to the English language as Shakespeare. Granted, most are malapropisms.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Nice tie-in. That song is apt for both the Poseidon Adventure and the Trump presidency.

12. leftcoastgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Sonoma, CA
    Good point. Both have capsized.

• Like Like x 1
  13. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    The die hard Trump supporters holding out hope. The debates will not matter. Let’s take Florida and explain the numbers we see. Florida is a tourist state with a raging pandemic that is causing almost nobody to want to come here. So, service industries are closed down. And people are out of work. In those industries, they see tourism open in countries that handled the virus and brought cases low. And businesses are hurting? Why? Because Florida and South Florida were pushed by the President to reopen too soon and virus cases grew. “Liberate Michigan.”The president discouraged mask wearing. And abandoned national leadership to a world wide pandemic. And his puppet governor in Florid la followed him there. Instead of staying closed for a few more weeks and opening soundly and following guidelines. This incompetence is out there to be seen by all. Meanwhile, the corruption, demagoguery, autocratic instincts, and etc. are still all out there. Nobody is going to be scared off Biden by debates; nobody will evaluate Trump and think he can do better. Trump utterly failed in a crises. He ran from it. Everyone knows Trump can’t do the job. The xenophobes and racists will stay with him. Those values dominate those people and Trump is their voice. Those who hate will suffer for their hatred. The rest of the country has had enough. Hence the polls. And a vaccine even before the election will not matter. Would anyone trust Trump in the next crises?

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I have to admit that I am somewhat concerned that Biden could seriously implode during the debates. On the other hand it's equally likely that the same may happen with Trump. It's not beyond the realm of possibility that he could say something equivalent to his suggestion that disinfectants be used to treat Covid-19 or that he could go off on a tangent like he did in Tulsa when he tried to explain his performance at the West Point commencement. I am predicting that we will hear the following phrases or words numerous times, "China virus", "fake media" "law and order" and "Russian hoax" and of course, we will be treated to attacks on Barack Obama. As far as Joe Biden is concerned, he actually performed reasonably well at the Democratic primary debates prior to the Nevada and South Carolina primaries. If he has a similar performance when he debates Trump I don't think there will be anything to worry about and if Biden somehow manages to win the first debate it may be Trump who decides to cancel the remaining debates.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. FeeBart

FeeBart I like When Gators Hit People! VIP Member Trusted GC Insider

Oct 20, 2013
    I can point to a mistake already in that map. Jax/Duval ain't that Red especially north of the river. That’s just where Big donors Live giving money they can track not who is most likely to vote. Trump fared worse in Duval County than any of his Republican predecessors, going back to 1980 with an unenthusiastic Democratic electorate.

I’m watching Jax. He loses Jax he’s done

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. cluckugator

cluckugator VIP Member

Aug 16, 2007
    They have numerous former senior officials from Trump’s administration. Kelly Anne’s husband started it (bet that is a fun marriage).

They know the only way to take down a bully is to punch him in the mouth.

Scarammuci (sorry can’t spell his name) just joined the team.

• Like Like x 1
  17. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator

Apr 8, 2007
    I saw an ad for Trump last night that showed an elderly frightened because, I think, someone was breaking into her home.
    The ad claimed that Biden wanted to defund the police and eliminate response to 911 calls.

18. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    Hillary wiped the floor with Trump in 3 debates last time. No rational person could have seen Trump as worthy of the presidency after those debates. Yet, people voted for him anyway.

As election day approaches with modern short attention spans, things that have happened even a few weeks back fall by the wayside.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  19. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    I agree in that I don't think Trump can hurt himself in the debates. His remaining support has shown they don't care what he says. I do think Biden could hurt himself in the debates if he gaffes. His tepid support from anti-Trump Republicans could begin questioning a vote for Biden and just stay home.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. LouisvilleGator

LouisvilleGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 16, 2012
    This post encapsulates why Hillary lost in 2016. The unchecked hubris of the Dems. And they're doing it again, but putting Biden up as the face. It might work, but it might not. As you rightly allude to at the end, 100 days is an eternity in politics. Really, all it would take is for COVID numbers to show a marked decrease and a Biden stumble (which as we know, he'll inevitably give us a gaffe to remember). In a way, the recent surge of new cases might actually benefit Trump if they are cut way down by Election Day. It's still Biden's to lose at this point, but don't pick out the drapes for the Oval Office just yet.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1