Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Covid Free headlines?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by tilly, Oct 6, 2021.

1. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

C'mon man. Anyone objective will admit CNN showed a bent against Trump. It was actually quite common. Those werent articles about him being in the hospital. They were articles about his staged return etc. Of course other news enters the cycle. But as a whole, they were Trump lie this, and Trump Russia that, and Trump bleach this, and Trump mask that, it was very overdone.

I check these sites pretty often, although I avoid the TV side unless their is a real news event. Fox is now doing the same to Joe.
    They are like Geico. It's what they do.

2. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    "Anybody objective" would agree with you? I don't think you are properly using that term.

You are relying on your feelings, which are not objective. You asked me to go to random days. They didn't back your claims.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  3. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I would agree that the current comparison of MSNBC with the other cable "news" networks is valid. Although probably not what you intended, your year ago comparison between CNN and Fox News rather than illustrating a CNN obsession with Trump actually provided an illustration of Fox News's intentional strategy of failing to give Trump adequate coverage because the primary story about him at the time could put him in a negative light. Once again remember that a year ago Donald Trump was the sitting president and he was being hospitalized with a potentially fatal illness the gravity of which he had been downplaying for the previous nine months insofar as it constituted a potentially serious risk to other Americans even referring to concern over its spread as a "Democratic hoax".

4. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Ah, Fox leans right, Cnn leans left. So that makes them the same. Hey, New York Times is just like Breitbart!

No, they're not the same.

It didn't take long to find all those examples of CNN fact-checking Biden and pointing out he was wrong. So let me ask again: Did Fox do that to Trump?

5. tilly

I literally accused Fox of that very thing.

6. tilly

Fox certainly got on Trumps bad side for calling him out at times. Ask Bret Baier after he fact checked the fraud accusation.
    Fox News host Bret Baier fact-checks Trump's election fraud claims: 'We will continue to present the facts'
    This place is so weird. I point out how Covid almost dropped off the public media yesterday(compared to many other days) and before its over we are all fighting again. :D

7. tilly

I really didn't say that. I said they both do it. I have tried to avoid claiming the level is the same. I have been pretty consistent in saying CNN has generally been my choice for news if I have to go to the TV side.

8. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Trying to prevent state entities from requiring masks is an anti-mask policy.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    I suggest we track down the person who brought up Trump, MSNBC, Fox, CNN, etc., and ban the hell out of him!
    Nevermind

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. tilly

See you went there. I wasn't going too. :D

11. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    What happened to the COVID case count and death tracker that ran non stop?
    Are people not getting and dying from COVID now?

12. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    It's also not a News Network...