Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Country singer's PR firm drops him after wife's comments on trans

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by rivergator, Sep 10, 2022.

1. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    I have a friend who lost his son to schools. He ‘transitioned’ via the advocacy of admins and the resources they were able to bear against my friend and his wife.

Against hectoring like, “Do you want to be responsible for the suicide of your [sic] daughter ?” he and his wife were emotionally snowed under. They had no chance.

3. fda92045

fda92045 GC Legend

Feb 19, 2012
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. fda92045

fda92045 GC Legend

Feb 19, 2012
    Sounds like they lost their child because they were unsupportive and shitty parents.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  5. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    In a way they were. But they didn’t have the resources to stand up against evil and lying manipulators.

6. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Although off-topic for this thread for a frame of reference the NY Post article was written by Betsy McCaughey, a former right-wing radio talk show host responsible for originating the myth that Obama's Affordable Care Act authorized "death panels".

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    My question is whether the PR firm should have dropped them if there wasn’t a history of offensive statements. Couldn’t they have come out with a statement that they don’t approve and warned them against wading into such controversial topics? Their action strikes me as rash.

8. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Well, they stand with a Ukraine. So don’t be a bigot.

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. fda92045

fda92045 GC Legend

Feb 19, 2012
    I mean...if you represent a certain set of values as a company, then I think being rash is fine. What if some employees for said PR company are trans, gender fluid, etc..

10. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    She should not have waded into that morass full of vipers of all types. It was not going to end nicely in today's climate, one where one can't discuss an issue constructively, but has to draw battle lines.

Having said that, I've read her comments and just don't see them as against trangenders. I'm not either. Whatever makes one happy is fine with me. I see her comments directed at parents who either encourage it (probably not many) or allow all that goes with transitioning in children too young to make an informed decision, like with drinking, driving, joining the military or owning a gun.

Maybe I'm reading her comments wrong because I don't quite get the uproar.

• Like Like x 1
  11. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Aldean should write a song about it. Explain it all to us in rap. (Like "He or She?" or "What's Wrong with Me?")

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    It’s all about making sure you use the right bathroom at Target

13. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    In bathrooms in places like Target you can wind up being a target.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    I confess that I didn’t read the first link. But I did read the second and it was pretty light on any evidence to back up the claim.
    I’m curious what you think in the piece is the most compelling evidence that schools are brainwashing students into changing their sex.
    Thanks

Last edited: Sep 14, 2022
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    Not arguing with you but would you feel as strongly about this if a christian based company had a certain set of values and took a stand on hem? Values hat you disapprove of?

16. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    Great post!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. partdopy

partdopy GC Hall of Fame

Feb 1, 2012
    So not wanting your teenage child to make life altering decisions is being unsupportive? I don't want my kid to get a face tattoo either, is that being shitty? Similarly, I would say no to breast implants, getting devil horns, or any other number of life altering decisions. I also would say no to my kid wanting a vasectomy. I'm not going to stop my kid from dressing however they want, hairstyles, etc... But I draw the line at life altering change. Does that make me a shitty parent? If so I have a really bad feeling about the upcoming generation.

I made tons of bad decisions as a teenager. I thought doing so and learning from them was the whole point?

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  18. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Questions are not permitted. Questions, counterpoints and nuance are lazily tossed out by those who dont allow such spaces for conversation to exist.

What you are trying to have is a discussion in a world that only wants to debate and dismiss.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Saying supportive parents let teenagers just do whatever they want sounds like something my teenagers would say... not something a parent would day.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  20. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    THIS.