Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Country singer's PR firm drops him after wife's comments on trans

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by rivergator, Sep 10, 2022.

1. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    It’s almost like the parents and doctors looking at these cases individually might know better how to answer these questions than political quacks and country singers?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Rocinante

Rocinante Junior

May 28, 2013
    i won’t thank my parents for mutilating me; if the statute of limitations was still good I’d sue Cape Canaveral hospital and my parents for chopping part of my penis off. It’s legalized accepted mutilation without permission from the victim. Much more prevalent than changing gender.

I guess these laws and court cases trying to stop any gender dysphoria treatment before 18 could be used to outlaw circumcision b4 18. Silver linings.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Restating what I said in a post in another thread, Transgender Derangement Syndrome is the new TDS, it's real and it's seriously inflicting conservative politicians. When conservatives opposed government health insurance one of their standard lines was that politicians would be inserting themselves in the doctor patient relationship and using alternative language telling doctors how to practice medicine. It turns out that they were absolutely correct only the political interference in the relationship between doctors and patients has nothing to do with government health insurance and everything to do with the desire of so called conservative to turn the US into a theocracy based on their religious beliefs.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta VIP Member

Aug 14, 2007
    Gallatin, TN
    You knew exactly who you were and what you wanted when you were a child? No chance.

5. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    the other half of the equation may be true as well. The number of kids identifying as gender dysmorojic has all of a sudden skyrocketed, and the kids seem to share a number of non traditional (to be polite) symptoms.

Why Is Transgender Identity on the Rise Among Teens?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I don't know if I would use the term "skyrocketed" although the percentage of teens who believe that they are transgendered does appear to have increased. Part of the increase is probably attributable to reduced stigma while part may also be attributable to social media. Even according to the article the percentage is still very small. Regardless of the number it's the role of a competent therapist to determine if, when and to what extent medical intervention is appropriate. The usual sequence of treatment is counseling only for children under the age of 12, puberty blockers the effects of which are generally considered reversible for teens between the ages of 12 and 16 and hormone therapy for teens from 16 to 18 and in the case of the latter two only after and concurrently with extensive counseling. While I am hesitant to say "never" surgical intervention for teens under the age of 18 is extremely rare is outside of normal guidelines. In any event the solution to possible inappropriate treatment is not a blanket legislative across the board ban on all forms treatment even including counseling and talk therapy for gender identity disorder.

7. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    If you ask any gay person they'll tell you they knew they were gay before age 10. I'm not saying I approve of gender surgery on kids younger than 18, but I am telling you they know way more than you're giving them credit for.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. gatorchamps0607

Aug 14, 2007
    Gallatin, TN
    I don't know, I think there is a big difference here but I won't argue. I am definitely a believer that you are in fact born gay or you could possibly "turn" gay too..? I dunno. The thing is though, being gay isn't something that requires you to physically change yourself. Im specifically arguing against the surgery before 18 years old to give these kids a chance to make as much of an informed decision as possible.

Otherwise, I don't disgree with anyone here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    The rates of incidence are up 4400 percent over the last decade. I would call that skyrocketing.

How 'peer contagion' plays into the rise of teens transitioning

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. GCNumber7

GCNumber7 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    This notion that parents are pushing Tom boys to have surgery is absurd, but typical right wing fear mongering. Just like how gay marriage was going to lead to people marrying their pets.

Unfortunately the easily manipulated eat this shit up. See this thread for evidence.

As far as this country singer and his wife. Never heard of them, couldn’t pick them from a line up.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Country star? He'll find work....

12. studegator

studegator GC Legend

Feb 24, 2008
    I never owned a pet I wanted to marry-------but I have heard about some strange habits among some sheep herders---

13. gatorchamps0607

Aug 14, 2007
    Gallatin, TN
    Im assuming you're mentioning me, did I say it was rampant? No matter what I said about it, are you saying that this doesn't happen at all? If it happens to any child, should that be of anyones concern or its ok to not mention it since its not frequent enough to be on your radar?

Typical argumentative BS from the lovely liberals around here. Also nice to point out you don't know who he is, I'm sure he doesn't know you either. It's duly noted that you think anyone actually cares though... You people are so full of yourselves.

I get crap from some of you even while in agreement. It's truly unsufferable to have to talk to some of you around here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. altalias

altalias GC Hall of Fame

Aug 13, 2008
    Since Aldean's 2005 debut, he's earned 25 No. 1 country songs, 15 billion streams and sold more than 20 million albums. He's the Academy of Country Music's Artist of the Decade

Variety › music › news
    Jason Aldean Sells Catalog to Spirit Music in $100 Million Deal

15. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Plus the quote was making the determinations with parental and medical involvement. The same movement seems to think parents are entitled to determine whether their children should remain ignorant of history

16. GCNumber7

GCNumber7 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I don’t know of anyone, haven’t heard of anybody or read of anybody that forced their kid to have trans surgery. I’m sure you haven’t either. Yet here you are freaking out about it.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  17. GCNumber7

GCNumber7 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Great for him. Still could care less about his or wife’s uninformed opinion.

18. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Cancelled then pilloried, by popular Country stars, for conveying consternation about the genital mutilation of children.

19. scooterp

scooterp GC Hall of Fame

Feb 15, 2012
    Stupid on both sides.
    She should have known better to not say it. But …the cancel police are taking something that really wasn’t hateful but still turning into “hate”.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I haven't paid any attention to "country" music since the Murder on Music Row (as put to song by George Strait and Alan Jackson). I think the genre officially died with Merle Haggard. Is Aldean a rapper? The last "country" performer I recall hearing was a few years ago when the Today Show showed Toby Keith performing on a stage outside. He was rapping. Yeah, that's country.

i