Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Couldn't help it.. I had to go virginia forums

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by MyakkaGator, Dec 8, 2019.

1. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

@diehardgator15 What exactly is it that you keep disagreeing with?

They are literally NOT talking crap over there. I pointed it out...and you are throwing bacon around like it's 7am at IHOP.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. Baller

Baller GC Hall of Fame

Sep 17, 2011
    Lakeland, Florida
    Lol they're excited to be in a bowl headed to Miami. One poster asked if the matchup was bad. Other poster said we had a good D and a pass heavy offense and it was a bad matchup. Got another one talking about the military. They're averaging like 2 post a day on that thread. There's nothing there. Boring.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    You just got all your creative posts for the year in one shot. Well played my friend. :)

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

Ah.....

Those "Porpoise runs" were great!.....
    Hit 'em hard and quick...pound down about 5 shots and a couple beers, and back to the Swamp....sometimes... :cool:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. MyakkaGator

MyakkaGator GC Hall of Fame

I have my moments...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. spincycle81

spincycle81 GC Legend

Oct 10, 2015
    Using the reaction feature ironically is more fun than using it earnestly

• Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Off-topic x 1
  7. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

Agtreed...
    The crabcakes up there...well...the best! I grew upin Philly, and South Jersey, and have relatives in Ocean City, MD...
    I have the recipe for them under "fish and shellfish" in the cook shack....easy to make, and it's the real recipe.

8. g8rvet

g8rvet Premium Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Sorry to do this, but I have watched about 10 minutes of UVA football this year. Literally. When I was watching, their QB looked like a so-so passer and a dang good runner. We have problems with that. I looked at scores later, and realized I probably saw his best minutes of the season, but he looked good when I was watching. I therefore, vow to turn off the game if he looks good and watch it later on DVR. You are welcome.

9. diehardgator15

diehardgator15 GC Legend

Oct 6, 2019
    There was a member that said they were going to win, which was the original disagreement. I then posted the photo showing him insinuating it with his record post. There was also a member who said “Virginia should have no problem with Florida’s defense, given they had 400 yards against Clemson”

So yes, they are unaware of Florida’s greatness and need to be crushed for their arrogance. All 8 of them.

I hope Mullen RUTS.

Gator don’t play no shit.

Now, would you like more bacon?@tilly:p

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  10. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

I do like bacon. :D

The claim was that UVA fans said it would be an "easy" win. Recheck the OP.
    My claim is that no one said that...and in fact no one really claims an outright win at all. Just a maybe and a claim of yardage.

11. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I don't think northern schools that have never won a national championship have many bandwagon fans (the ones that never set foot on campus) the way that Michigan, Ohio State, and Alabama do. And UVa is known as a good school (for education, not football), so the comments are more likely coming from well-educated alumni. Also, it is difficult to delude yourself about your chances for a bowl win immediately after getting decimated by Clemson. We are used to the unwashed and uneducated fan bases of F$U and Miami, so it is strange to encounter a fan base that is literate and logical.

12. WhattaGator

Agreed....
    The Virginia fans will be litterate and logical......
    At least their signs outside the Orange Bowl will be spelled correctly. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    If we show up focused we get the W, mail it in and not so much.....

14. ajjaxgator

ajjaxgator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 3, 2007
    Duval
    Boo! Hiss!
    ;)

15. ajjaxgator

ajjaxgator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 3, 2007
    Duval
    Damned Roundhead traitor!

16. g8rvet

g8rvet Premium Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Maybe, maybe not. The one dude did not spell Florida correctly (Flordia).

I like hearing northerners pronounce Floor-i-duh instead of the way natives pronounce it Floor-duh.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. BJ1888

BJ1888 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 14, 2007
    Can you call a school that's below the Mason-Dixon line a "northern" school? Most Virginians who aren't affiliated with UVA or local to Charlottesville cheer for VT (who also lacks a NC, but was at least competitive for extended periods of time). Schools like Wisconsin and WVU (neither of which has a NC) dominate fandom in their respective states.

You misspelled literate... :facepalm:

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. WhattaGator

Damn sensitive keyyystrokes. :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. red4512

red4512 Premium Member

Mar 4, 2010
    They skunked a team 'coached' by MusCHUMP , The Loser.
    B.F.D.

20. shelbygt350

shelbygt350 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Some years ago a friend of mine's daughter went to USC as in the Trojans. She was from FL but wanted to go to college in Calif. She was there 2 yrs, changed her major and went to UVA. As a mega college sports fan (she played sports well, but not a scholarship player) she went to her first UVa game.

Her description: depressing. Not because team was bad, but the lack of passion. A bunch of white wine sipping fake intellectuals who think they are too good to get rabid.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1