Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Could Joe Biden Handle A Military Crisis That Directly Involves The United States?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gatorplank, Apr 1, 2023.

1. gatorplank

gatorplank GC Hall of Fame

Apr 25, 2011
    The chaotic retreat from Afghanistan in 2021 was telling. Biden showed his vulnerability during a press conference amid the crisis. He was asked a question, and the president bowed his head in silence, looking for an answer. This went on for several seconds and made him look bewildered, overmatched, and tired.

The weight of the world was on the president, and he was at a loss for words. You almost had to feel sorry for him as events in Afghanistan appeared to be too much for Biden to handle.

Other global incidents could stress out Joe Biden. Iran could build a nuclear weapon and use it against Israel. Or Israel could attack Iranian nuclear infrastructure and start a war in the Middle East. North Korea could invade South Korea. Russia could attack a NATO country and Article V of the treaty could be invoked in which members of the alliance would have to fight back. This counter-attack would have to be led by the United States with Biden at the helm.

Some of these contingencies are low probability events, to be sure. Biden has arguably handled the war in Ukraine as well as could be expected, but this has not necessitated American boots on the ground. Should the war ever involve U.S. military personnel, Biden may not pass the test of leadership.

Joe Biden Should Terrify You (msn.com)

It would be nice to have someone with more mental fitness wearing the hat of the commander in chief.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  2. Sohogator

Sohogator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 22, 2012
    Yes EOD.

A two post thread. No more responses needed!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Emmitto

Emmitto VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Be TERRIFIED!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  5. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    If you're talking about the withdrawal from Afghanistan keep in mind that Biden's predecessor committed to the total withdrawal of US troops from Afghanistan by May 1, 2021, three months prior to Biden's August 31 date; that he (Trump) negotiated with the Taliban without giving a seat at the table to the then government of Afghanistan; that Trump reduced the US troop level in Afghanistan to 2,000 against the recommendation of his own generals and that Trump pressured the former government of Afghanistan release of 5,000 Taliban prisoners including a number designated as terrorists. If anyone failed the test of leadership it was Biden's predecessor.

I agree that it would be nice to have someone with more mental fitness wearing the hat of the commander in chief. That description would clearly exclude Biden's predecessor who praised Vladimir Putin as a genius as well as the guy who referred to the Russian invasion of Ukraine as a "territorial dispute".
    https://www.politico.com/news/2022/02/23/trump-putin-ukraine-invasion-00010923
    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/3/14/us-republican-desantis-calls-ukraine-war-a-territorial-dispute

Last edited: Apr 1, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  6. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Righties would probably want him to fail, but I think he could handle it just fine.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    It would be tough with half the country literally pulling for our adversary - but I think Dark Brandon could pull it off.

[​IMG]

• Funny x 6
    • Winner x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  8. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. pecks

pecks VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Joe Biden, the thief in chief, I'm sorry to say, could not pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were on the heel! I'd be interested to know what you guys have been looking at for the past 2.5 years. We are indeed in trouble when half of the country is blind! Everything the guy touches turns to crap. Remember what the great Barach Hussen Obama said about his VP. And I quote, " Never underestimate Joe's ability to f--k things up!!

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Which is why I think he’d handle it fine, he’d have no problem deferring to and listening to the experts. Feels comforting to have that type of maturity in power again.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    It's impressive how many of you either are truly ignorant of how our government works or are willing to pretend to be ignorant to criticize a President you don't like. Dark Brandon isn't going to need to jump in a tank and lead on the frontlines. The Secretary of Defense (who is a retired four-star general), Joint Chiefs, and other military leaderships will handle it just fine.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Just a correction regarding the identity of the thief in chief. Some examples:
    Trump golf club charged Secret Service $10,000 for rooms in May, records show
    Trump properties got almost $2 million from the Secret Service, including stays at Mar-a-Lago, documents show
    Air Force crew made an odd stop on a routine trip: Trump’s Scottish resort
    The Air Force spent more at Trump’s Scottish resort than originally thought
    Documents Detail Foreign Government Spending at Trump Hotel
    Trump D.C. hotel receipts show $10,500 rooms for foreign officials seeking to influence U.S.
    Although he ended up backing off, this was probably Trump's most outrageous attempt to enrich himself on the taxpayer's dime.
    Trump's National Doral Miami golf course to host G7 summit
    After backlash, Trump says his Doral resort won’t host G-7 summit

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  14. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    He's made some mistakes, IMO, but so has every president we've had since I've been alive - so that isn't really shocking to me.

But the guy came into office with the country literally on fire and about the most divided it had been in at least a generation, coming off of a horrible pandemic that crippled the economy, with our old cold war rival literally trying to expand the empire in eastern Europe, and with all of that and everything else, he has been pretty stable. Very little drama from the white house in the past 2 years, despite facing these immense challenges.

Is he perfect? no. Is he kind of what we all hoped for after Trump? Pretty much.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. buckeyegator

buckeyegator Premium Member

Oct 29, 2007
    gainesville, florida
    he would not defer, he would, along with hopefully giggles harris, be put under lock and guard

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. pecks

pecks VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    What planet are you guys living on? No drama for 2 years? That is because the dumb ass media does not report anything that makes the democratic party look bad! Unfricking believable!!

• Funny x 8
    • Come On Man x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Creative x 1
  17. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    If war were to break out, I'll take Biden at 80% over you at 110% every day of the week.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Objective :emoji_upside_down::emoji_upside_down:

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    I’d rather not find out, not because of lack of confidence in Biden, I just don’t want to see the US burn anymore blood or treasure on the other side of the world.

To the OP I don’t have a clue how Biden would do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  20. jjgator55

jjgator55 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    As opposed to that Orange surrender monkey Biden replaced I’d say President Biden would be an exemplary Commander in Chief. I can’t think of a single Republican I’d trust in a time of conflict. After all the republicans want to cut the military.

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Optimistic x 1