Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
  2. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Your ad hominems are always cute.
    Maybe one day you will actually provide something useful.

One day you will understand how wrong you have been and that you were lied to. You will understand how ineffective these shots actually were. How the largest public health disaster of our lifetimes will be what we did to our kids and keeping them out of school.

Until then…I am sure you will rant about me. It is cute!

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    … and nothing of value was lost to you. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You were for lockdowns, school closures, masks, forced vaccination of kids right? Well, what the hell you doing still commenting in the covid thread? Literally everything you were for was 100% wrong. So yeah, literally no one gives two F's about what you say.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    I check thru a few pages and you are constantly posting. More than ever. It’s bizarre how obsessed you are with this. And of course promoting antivax nonsense.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022

Attached Files:

7. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Glad you are intrigued by my posting.

8. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Interesting study. I'm kind of surprised you linked it, because according to the study, the most effect non-pharmaceutical intervention was masking!

I also don't take a lot of stock in this study. It's trying to compare apples and apples, saying life in Sweden is just like life in other Euro countries and the US. But that just isn't true. The study doesn't mention Sweden has the most single-occupancy households in the world, and an average persons per household of 2.1 versus 3.1 in the US. What about climate? There are almost as many people living in LA metro as there are in the entire country of Sweden. The two climates are very different. Does COVID act the same way in Nordic climates as it does in S. California?

Then there's the human element, mentioned in the article you first linked. Sweden didn't have too many forced COVID restrictions, but several COVID restriction suggestions from the government that the Swedes took to heart. For example, the suggestion to work from home, which many Swedes did. Stockholm had about a 50% WFH rate. In the US, we had similar suggestions, but most places had a WFH rate closer to 20%, with no US area surpassing 30% that I found.

Did the study take any of this into account? Or, did they try and say life in Sweden is just like life in Los Angeles and attempt to compare apples to apples?

• Like Like x 1
  9. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    I’m personally obsessed with mass-delusion and crimes against humanity and am not predisposed to moving on.

10. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
  11. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    Too funny. I, along with multiple others, have provided countless times useful articles and links from unbiased sources proving the exact opposite of what you continuously say. You, on the other hand, have provided almost nothing and never have a useful response to when we do show you these studies, except to respond with a laughing emoji and regurgitate the same stuff over and over. You’re not fooling anyone, and honestly, anyone who is so blinded by their love for Desantis so much that they would actually think Ladapo has done a great job despite all the evidence and studies to the contrary, is clearly delusional and not worth the time of day.

Your arrogance would be funny if it wasn’t so sad. You actually think you know more than nearly all the medical and science industry and that they’re all secretly in cahoots and that the known conspiracy theory peddling governor and surgeon general are correct. You’re such a dope.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    You have been wrong about so much but will see it one day. Bad studies are part of the propaganda you continue to fall for.

You will get there one day. Maybe. The vast majority have now…

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Lockdowns amounted to burning down the house based on an unconfirmed siting of a novel killer hornet.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    They just cannot stand to admit they were so scared and wrong based on lies.

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    I presume they’d scare just as easily the next time. Because ‘experts.’

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    It is amazing how well propaganda works. "Experts" just owned them. The sad thing is the vast majority now know what the "experts" are.

I know we both have small disagreements on things but as a whole understand the big picture. It is crazy how controlled some are!

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    So you're telling me not to listen to "experts" with advanced degrees and decades of practical knowledge? But instead, follow the unwashed masses? Got it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Do you believe in Islam ? Islamic scholars hold advanced degrees.

19. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    I don't believe in any religion. But if I wanted to learn about Islam, seeking out knowledgeable Imams would be very helpful.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    Translation: You’ve got nothing except the same ole tired response. *Yawn* Lol at vast majority, that is inherently false. Once again spreading more lies and disinformation. Get out of your right wing conspiracy bubble sometime and you might learn something.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1