Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Right, I feel the same way. Why engage with people who have been wrong on almost every aspect of covid from the beginnin? Lockdowns, school closures, masks and now vaxxing kids. I will continue to prove you and the other covid fear mongers wrong. Can't fathom someone being wrong on all those things having the gall to call someone else out. But that's the world we live in unfortunately.

And I see you also left out from the study i posted that at 2 weeks there was 2 other groups that were at 55.7% and 59.5% at 2 weeks, so i'm sure those went up at 6 weeks...

Talk about dishonesty. You are the winner when it comes to that. Congrats.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Now we have data on children from the UK. Only 6 children without any underlying conditions died of covid in the first year of the pandemic(and that doesn't take into account undiagnosed conditions).

Deaths in children and young people in England after SARS-CoV-2 infection during the first pandemic year | Nature Medicine

"Six CYP who died of SARS-CoV-2 had no evidence of an underlying health condition. This contrasts with other studies that have only reported deaths in CYP who have comorbidity7,19. It is possible, due to the hospital data being available only for the last 5 years, that some CYP might have had a comorbidity that was not identified in this linkage. It is also possible that CYP in our study had an undiagnosed genetic predisposition to severe disease with SARS-CoV-2 infection20."

• Like Like x 1
  3. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    The UK has about 1/5 the population of the US, give or take. This study would mean between 28-30 US kids with no underlying conditions would die from COVID-19. The vaccine would likely save them. Is anyone going to make the argument that saving these kid's lives isn't worth vaccinating them?

And the 28-30 are kids with no underlying conditions.

4. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    Link the graph source you showed. I have no desire to go and recreate some cherry picked graph you extracted with no explanation or context.

5. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    I am curious what percent of kids have "no underlying conditions". But yeah, why sacrifice 30 kids for no good reason.

Actual covid deaths of kids in the US are in the hundreds. Still not huge, and comparable to the flu, but again, why sacrifice them in the name of pointless vaccine avoidance? Not to mention hospitalizations and other potential long term covid side effects.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

I guess you missed the part of
    Those kids might having underlying conditions. Dude you are so out of whack on vaxxing kids it’s flat out nuts. I happen to be in the majority who think it’s not wise to vaccinate young kids. We don’t even know if the vaccine helps kids. All you can do is use data from trials of older people because no one in the trial went to the hospital or died. Show me where in the TRIAL that the vaccine stopped kids from being hospitalized or died. Otherwise you are full of crap.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

That's not true. He has always said very clearly that everyone over 18 should consider the vax and that it should not be forced on minors. To say otherwise is unfair.
    Anti vaxers don't get the jab man and if they do, they don't tell everyone on a message board.

8. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    Like I said, near 100% of his posts that have anything to do with the vaccine are against it. I don't doubt that he is ok with adult vaccination, but if so, why is almost all of his posting geared towards opposition of vaccination in some form or other? He repeatedly posts disinformation towards vaccinations.

So for all intents and purposes he is anti vax as far as I'm concerned.

9. bposs

bposs GC Hall of Fame

Sep 3, 2010
    Woodstock, GA
    Media crushes Aaron Rogers because he didn’t get vax, and got Covid. Media super quite when 100% vaccinated Dakota Dozier (OL Vikings) is hospitalized with Covid.

take your mandates and shove it Biden, and anyone else that feels they should force folks to get a vaccine.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  10. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    Rodgers LIED and then spouted off about it like a moron.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Those kids may have had an undetected underlying condition. Maybe not. Plenty of people, especially kids, may look healthy but actually have underlying conditions. It's not like these conditions actually come with flashing lights and sirens.

As for the vaccine trial, here's the full report with all three trial phases from the New England Journal of Medicine. Their findings? The vaccine was safe, effective, and adverse affects were all transitory.

The CDC lists 595 deaths from COVID-19, for kids under 17. How many of these kids might have been saved had they been vaccinated? How many more kids will die needlessly? Not to mention, how many unvaccinated kids will act as a vector to keep transmission of the virus high that wouldn't have happened if everyone was vaccinated? And how many more needless deaths will this cause?

12. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

Again, how many kids in the TRIAL were hospitalized or died? Vaccine group compared to placebo group? This is a very simple question. Answer it. I’m not going to explain how those numbers of child deaths are way off again for about the 20th time. Just answer the question. Very simple.

13. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    when you get called out you still say you don’t care what the facts are. Thanks for confirming you don’t care about the truth, just “your truth” LOL.

14. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Unvaccinated, stay home

Covid: Austrians heading towards lockdown for unvaccinated

Austrians are days away from a first lockdown for anyone not fully vaccinated, after record infections were reported across the country.

Upper Austria province will impose restrictions from Monday if it gets the go-ahead from the federal government. Salzburg also plans new measures.

Chancellor Alexander Schallenberg said a national lockdown for the unvaccinated was "probably inevitable

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Zero. But not unexpected. We know death in kids from COVID is low.

How many kids under 18 have died from COVID? 595. How many may have lived had the vaccine been available? How many will be saved if everyone eligible gets vaccinated? If the number > 0, can you truly argue the vaccine isn't worth it for kids?

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Very important to understand why countries with high vaccination rates are seeing these surges. And to see a breakdown of serious vs less serious cases. The link says that there were 50,000 cases in a day in Germany despite a 67% vaccination rate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. buckeyegator

buckeyegator Premium Member

Oct 29, 2007
    gainesville, florida
    it does not matter if rogers lied, what matters is he, un-vaccinated, and a fully vaccinated player both got covid, casting doubts on the effectiveness of the vaccine,

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  18. buckeyegator

buckeyegator Premium Member

Oct 29, 2007
    gainesville, florida
    last 7 days the new case rate in germany is up 58%,again casting doubts on the vaccine.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  19. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    So, I assume from this post that you agree that COVID can be very serious when a vaccinated professional athlete ends up with COVID pneumonia?

The problem with your conclusion, however, is that the risk of hospitalization is 11 times more likely among the unvaccinated that for the vaccinated.

So, you reached exactly the wrong conclusion from an anecdotal example picked.

And you are right. Almost nobody reporting this, except:

Source: Vikes' Dozier hospitalized for COVID

Vikings vaccinated guard Dakota Dozier hospitalized with COVID-19, in stable condition: reports

Vikings' Dakota Dozier hospitalized with COVID-19, currently in stable condition, per report

Vikings lineman Dakota Dozier hospitalized from COVID; 29 identified as close contacts amid team's virus spread

Minnesota Vikings Player, 30, Is Stable After Being Hospitalized with Breakthrough COVID-19

Vaccinated Vikings lineman Dakota Dozier hospitalized with COVID-19 - UPI.com

Vikings G Dakota Dozier in hospital due to COVID-19, condition is stable - Sports Illustrated Minnesota Vikings News, Analysis and More

And more.

So, tell us, did you fail to do a Google search when you posted that false statement? Did you think that nobody would notice the falsity of the statement?

I take from your post that you are a right wing, the MSM won't tell you the truth, anti-vaxxer who does not like Biden.

And, who respects liars like Aaron Rodgers.

the mandates, requirement of proof of vaccination, are designed to protect the rest of us from the likes of Aaron Rodgers and those who think like him.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    zero kids died in the trial. How many kids hospitalized in the trial? Vaccine versus placebo? Surely there is a huge difference to make this drug be authorized.

• Funny Funny x 1