Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    As smart and well read as he is I'm rather shocked at his ignorance on the subject re how vaccines worked.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. gator7_5

gator7_5 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    will there be a mask mandate for deer?

4. MaceoP

MaceoP GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I would like to see a study comparing unvaccinated people who got re-infected vs. vaccinated people who were never previously infected and got a breakthrough covid. This would be a good comparison to see if natural immunity is adequate compared to vaccinations. The only studies i've seen compare reinfection in unvaccinated and vaccinated people, which in my opinion is not a helpful study.
    If reinfection of unvaccinated people is similar to breakthrough cases in people who have never been infected with covid, then IMO the vaccination mandate should have a carve out at the very least before shit-canning a persons employment due to vaccination status.

5. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Called it! Offer proof and now you cry about it. Man, take the L like a man. I know that's hard for you to do.

6. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Just so everyone can see the numbers more clearly, It's almost like the CDC is trying to fudge the numbers to make people want to vaccinate their kids. Maybe if the CDC wasn't playing politics people wouldn't question their "mistake" as some on here call it. Anyone thinking this doesn't have anything to do with wanting more kids to be vaccinated is either ignorant or just not too bright.

[​IMG]

7. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  8. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Interesting. Somebody was telling me about this a couple days ago, I thought they just meant it was “discovered” in deer not that it was completely widespread. That’s pretty crazy. Wouldn’t even think it possible in such a short amount of time out in nature.

Sounds like once a deer is infected it just stays with them long term? Not really the same as the mink comparison, as the virus wipes out minks pretty quickly (they had to
    cull millions of farmed animals over the virus).

I don’t think this matters much for “eradicating” the virus as that ship sailed long ago.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
  9. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Just tell the truth for once in your life. You claimed that vaccine efficacy drops to 50% at 6 weeks. All you could find to back up your claim was one study on adolescents where one study group dropped to 39% for one out of 3 efficacy outcomes. This same group was at 100% for 'Covid-19' and 93.3% for 'Covid-19 (secondary case definition)'. That's not proof of your bogus claim.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  10. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You're right, I should've said 39%, not 50%. My bad. Good try. Man, you'd think if you were wrong on lockdowns, school closures, masks and now this you'd just give up, but I admire your spirit. Never say die attitude.

11. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    Why is it the board anti vaxxers always make it differicult to link back to the source posts?

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I'm vaccinated. I'm not anti vax at all. But i am staunchly Anti-child covid vax. Big difference. But to some on here it's not hard. And it's not hard to find the data from before. I know you can do it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    Covid won't be eradicated unless somebody can make the human body do something it currently can't do, maintain long termimmunuty against infection from diseases that incubate in less than 5 days, or else have nearly everyone boosted every 3 months to keep antibodies high.

14. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    Almost 100% of your posts are against the vaccine in one form or other. In my mind you are anti vax

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    You give an image with no source link or the link is in an image. You don't give a link because you know you are cherry picking data or presenting data out of context, like the time you picked one highly unlikely hypothetical scenario out of 6 scenarios that showed vaccine side effects potentially greater than disease for kids. You didn't provide a link and you didn't mention the 5 scenarios that showed net benefit nor the presentation that recommended vaccination for kids.

You do this all the time. Because when I find your source data it is easy to display how idiotic your post is. So of course you hide the source data.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  16. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Not at all. Vax everyone over 18. BUT my preference is to vax the rest of the world before focusing on those with natural immunity. Then vax them as well. Healthy kids don't need to be vaccinated. I am an anti masker for sure. I'm actually ok having vaccine requirements, as long as they also allow for proven natural immunity. I think people working with the elderly should be vaccinated. Too dangerous to be around the elderly day in and day out to not be in my view. But hey, you keep thinking i'm anti vax.

17. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

It's from the CDC. Not hard to find. Yeah, really hiding the data...

Cases, Data, and Surveillance

18. dangolegators

Apr 26, 2007
    He always does that. He doesn't want folks to see anything that might weaken his narrative so he cherry picks the pieces that support what he claims. So you see one graphic with no link to the source.

19. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yeah, Posted the whole CDC website of data. Tough L again. Man, one of these days you'll be right...

20. dangolegators

Apr 26, 2007
    The amount of bad faith is stunning. One of his stupidest claims of all time is that vaccine efficacy drops to 50% at 6 weeks. So you call him on it and he finds one study of adolescents that shows a decline to 39% at 2 weeks for one study group and for one efficacy outcome. He claims that proves him right, despite there being massive amounts of data showing otherwise. There really is no point in debating someone so dishonest.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1