Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yeah, lets voluntarily give them something that has a much more likely chance to cause a significant fever than the virus itself. Brilliant!

2. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    There you go making up crap again. Let’s deal in facts. You have zero data to support your position. There really isn’t a danger. That’s the whole damn point. Finding a perfectly healthy young child who died or even hospitalized for covid is like finding a needle in haystack. People vaccinating their kids for zero reason without full fda approval are basically signing up for the worlds largest drug trial. I’ll pass with my kids and let your kids be the guinea pigs. Good luck.

3. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Fever is a common symptom for kids who get COVID. Hard to put a number on it, because not every kid who has a fever gets tested. But like myocarditis, the risk from the vaccine is likely lower than the risk from the virus. And your statement the risk is greater from the vaccine is not verifiable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    No idea, but its safe to say that the cdc has been classifying covid deaths more liberally than any other deaths in the past.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    The next child I know who got covid and got a fever will be the first one. Good try. Don’t vax our kids.

6. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Yes. I am relying the data we have. Things like Public Health England who provides some solid data. But you believe what you wish. There is a reason reinfections are extremely rare verse expected. Infection also provides a more robust T-cell/B-cell response to go with the antibodies. Throw in the reality that the antibodies do not appear to wane fast at all after reinfection and we see that reinfection is extremely rare. But we know breakthroughs are not. Yet you go ahead and believe what you want to believe.

7. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The most recent interaction we had was about AzCatFan's claim that the Phase III results did not show 2% of children having a 104 fever after receiving the vaccine.

You posted some Phase I results that showed 2% of children having a fever between 102 and 104 after receiving the vaccine. In order for me to be wrong, it would have needed to have been Phase III results and it would have needed to show 2% of children having a 104 fever after receiving the vaccine. Which it didn't.

That means I was wrong about something else. It happens, but I like to know what I was wrong about so I can stop being wrong about it. So, what was it that I was wrong about?

8. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    This is just not true.

Covid poses higher risk of myocarditis than vaccine in male teens – US study

The risk of developing myocarditis, an inflammatory heart condition, is six times higher in male teenagers who have contracted Covid-19, compared with the likelihood of the rare side-effect emerging after getting the Pfizer/BioNTech jab, a new US study has found.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Yes you are asking a question that is answered by comparing re-infections/total population with previous infection and breakthrough/total vaccinated population, and just leaving off the denominators because, by including the denominators, it doesn't show what you want it to show. So you ignore it. And rely on the fact that total vaccinated population > total population with previous infection to try to push nonsense on the board.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    So you know more than Hopkins Medical. Good to know. Here's another link saying fever is a common COVID symptom in kids. And one from Boston Children's Hospital, again, listing fever as a common COVID symptom in kids.

Glad you know more than all these doctors that work at prestigious medical centers. And people should always listen to Internet experts like you over the medical professionals. :rolleyes:

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    My daughter got covid at 16. Very healthy track athlete, gymnast, boarder, skiier. She got sick & had a fever for 8 days.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Nope. I never said phase 1 in what you were talking about. So you are wrong again. Just say my bad and stop digging a hole.

13. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Here’s your problem. You think by getting the vaccine just eliminates the risk of ever getting covid. It doesn’t. We have no idea if getting the vaccine lessons the chances of getting myocarditis after the risk from the vaccine itself. Especially considering if some get their way we will just keep giving boosters out there like candy to kids with zero long term data to go off of. Just next level stupid for something that causes so close to zero risk to kids.

14. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    You weren't the one who posted an image of Phase 1 results in post 29585?

15. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Well, I know more than our cdc director who lied saying masks are 80% effective at protecting from covid lol. Like I said, I know zero kids who have had a fever from covid. Oh, and I live in that covid hotspot of FL. I also know enough to not give my perfectly healthy kids an experimental drug that isn’t fully fda authorized for something that harms a handful of healthy kids. Not even going to discuss the long term issues because we have zero idea of the long term issues from this vaccine. Keep trusting the cdc who has shown they care more about politics than the health of the us.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    Who didn't see this one coming? :emoji_joy:

:

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    All hail the Internet know-it-all. The pinnacle of human knowledge! Everyone knows what you read on the Internet beats the knowledge of professionals with advanced degrees and years of experience!

We don't know the effects of the vaccine long term. But do we know effects of the virus long term? And what is more likely to have long term effects? A vaccine with one strand of mRNA? Or a virus containing the exact strand of mRNA as the vaccine, plus a full viral genome?

Your statement that the myocarditis risk was higher with the vaccine is wrong. There would need to be over a 50% breakthrough rate for the risk to be even, and no study of Pfizer has shown anywhere near this level of breakthrough. Your statement that the vaccine causes fever at a higher level than the virus is false too. Deflecting to a different claim about masks doesn't change the facts about the vaccine risks.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  18. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    LOL...

Let's just say that I doubt you know one single person with a reinfection (we will just go with a person who tested positive twice three months apart/as I would bet all I got you do not know a single person that through gene testing has a confirmed reinfection). And I bet you know multiple people who were vaccinated and got Covid.

Keep thinking that reinfections are common and ignore the science. It sadly is what authoritarians do...

19. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    There is no data on longterm breakthrough cases. So crap, lets go ahead and stick the kids who have zero risk anyways. Sounds brilliant. You know what, who cares, if something happens to your kid from the vaccine, you can sue pfizer, right? Oh wait…

My statement isn’t wrong. You are guessing. Good try. Fear mongers gonna fear monger.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I do love how the resident vax guys run away from what the cdc director said like it never happened. PR 101 LOL. Just ignore it and it’ll go away…