Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I agree that we will not have 100% of children have covid by the end of 2022. That's just silly talk. BUT, according to the cdc(i know, i hate having to use their info because a lot of it is garbage) about 37% of children under 18 already had covid as of May of 2021. And this was before Delta. So, I know making assumptions is bad, but my guess is the that number is in the 60% neighborhood by now. This to me shows all the more reason to not vaccinate these kids. The risk if myocarditis is real with the vaccine and the vaccine still only offers a very limited protection for kids. Especially considering the trial for kids had no kids hospitalized in either the vaccine or the placebo group. So what's the point? And please don't try to bring up the hospitalizations or deaths without posting the real numbers(go find the CDC admitting 40-50% of hospitalizations and 35% of deaths are false). Also almost all the kids who have died from covid had severe underlying issues(those kids should get vaxxed). Good luck finding a healthy young kid who died from covid. Then compare it to young kids with the flu and you can see why wanting to vax kids without a full FDA approval is stupid.

[​IMG]

2. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Eh…Booster up and enjoy a beer. Don’t worry about reality.

Looks like Pfizer has an antiviral that has good data. But I am sure it only works for the vaccinated. :cool::D:devil::ninja3:

3. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Okay…LOL!

Not sure how you make it through life when you get this upset on a message board dedicated to hot topics.

Booster up.

4. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Talked to my buddy yesterday. Still has his exemption. I think I mentioned it last time. He had a friend get denied for not answering the question specifically. I will work on getting the info on whether they got it on the second try.

5. MaceoP

MaceoP GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    If the government is forcing vaccinations, one would think that the highest vaccinated states would be having the lowest rates of be new infections. Not the case. I believe if Biden is mandating vaccines with the promise of noncompliance termination, the burden of proof is on the government
    There are other ways to get ahead of The pandemic without job termination.

6. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    Hey Q, you really think it's funny that you got caught in a bold faced lie? Wasn't there something a stone tablet about bearing false witness?

Also, the "booster up" comment that you throw around isn't quite the pejorative you think it is :rolleyes: It is however, incredibly juvenile.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    If between January 2020 and May, 2021, 35% of kids under 18 had the wild type of COVID, what do you think the percentage will be between now and May, 2023 (18 months from now). And remember, the 35% was with the wild type of COVID, and not Delta, which we know to be significantly more contagious.

As for the risk of myocarditis, it's small. It's even smaller for those who are vaccinated as compared to kids to contract COVID-19. There's also the risk of waning natural immunity, and kids infected in say March, 2020, may not have any immunity at this point. So what's the lower risk when it comes to myocarditis?

Get the vaccine, and monitor the kid, knowing exactly when they got the jab. Or, keep the kid unvaccinated and run a higher risk of getting myocarditis from the virus, while not knowing when, or even if the kid was infected? If your concern is myocarditis, the logical choice is the vaccine. Risk is lower, and you know exactly when to monitor for any signs.

Interestingly enough, if enough kids get vaccinated, then the risk of contracting COVID goes down for the unvaxxed. But I guess there will always be freeloaders.

8. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    On the surface that is true, but we can't look at short term and top level numbers and declare that one way or the other, at least not confidently. They provide some surface indication. The correlation between state vaccination rates and case rates is currently at .67 and significant, which is fairly high but there are other factors at that influence rates including population and state level policy differences.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Nope. All of it. The risk isn't lower with the vaccine for myocarditis. That is a lie. No other way to say it. Handful of healthy kids have died from covid. That's it. IF your kid is healthy, don't enroll them in a vaccine trial, because make no mistake, that is what this vaccine is, a trial. Good luck risking your kids health on that. I won't and most parents agree with me.

10. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    And people wonder why a lot of the US doesn't believe our leaders. Can't call this anything but an outright LIE. 80% effective? What a joke.

upload_2021-11-5_15-38-25.png

The head of the agency responsible for providing Americans with accurate and trustworthy information about interventions (like vaccines) that we actually know are really effective should not also be making fabricated statements about something that isn't in any study or trial close to 80%. This undermines the trust in our leaders.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
  11. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    I am not caught in a lie. I provided information from the source that works there. Unlike you who provides information from outside sources. If my source lied to me...I will own it here on this site. But I trust him far more than you. For a multitude of reasons.

And yes. Booster up. It might help slow the leak just a little. Might...

12. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    Oh I’m sure you love THIS “experimental drug” made by the same damn company.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Not a lie. Just read the headline of this link:

Myocarditis, or inflammation of the heart muscle, appears to be more common after a COVID-19 infection than after vaccination, according to a new study published Wednesday in The New England Journal of Medicine.

Based in Israel, the study showed that Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine is linked to an increased risk of myocarditis, with about one to five cases per 100,000 people. But COVID-19 infection was linked to an increased risk of 11 cases per 100,000 people.

Don't like the Israel study? The CDC did their own, and came to the same conclusion.

COVID-19 increases the risk of developing myocarditis (heart inflammation) by a factor of 16, providing a strong argument in favor of vaccination, a new US study showed Tuesday.

Myocarditis and an associated risk, pericarditis (inflammation around the heart) have previously been linked to the Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines themselves, particularly among adolescent boys and young men.

But the risk is far higher after infection with COVID-19, according to the new paper by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). [emphasis added]

You are lying. There is no other way to say it. Two large studies. Both with the same conclusion that the risk of myocarditis is greater if you get COVID versus the risk when you get the vaccine.

If you are truly worried about the risk of myocarditis, your best bet would be keep your kids isolated, so they aren't exposed to COVID at all. But that comes with a host of other issues. Your next best bet is the vaccine. Smaller risk than getting infected, and you know exactly what timeframe to monitor your kid for any signs of myocarditis, which is generally shortness of breath and fatigue after exercising.

14. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

Here's what you are missing(not a surprise). Myocarditis is a risk for BOTH the vaccine and if you get covid. Here's the issue, the vaccine doesn't stop you from getting covid. SO you effectively doubled your odds of getting myocarditis for a kid, especially a teen boy. NEXT level dumb. You can still get covid with the vaccine. This is like talking to a wall, only this wall is crying wolf non stop.

15. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Just got the text back from probably our closest Family Friend who works at L3Harris about the co-worker that was denied the first exemption try…

“Yes, he got the exemption once resubmitted. L3HARRIS has been giving accomodations out like candy (as they should) for several weeks. Everyone Mark knows who has applied got one.”

Is it your husband (is not he the one you said knew everything about all the contractors down there that he did not work for?) lying or you?

16. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Let's do the math. The Pfizer vaccine, which is what will be given to kids 5-11, has been shown to have a breakthrough ratio between 1 in 5000 and 1 in 100 according to Hopkins Medical. We'll use the 1 in 100, because it's a higher breakthrough percentage, and also easier math.

The Israel study showed risk from getting myocarditis to be 11 in 100,000 if infected with COVID. The study also showed the risk from the vaccine to be 5 in 100,000.

So, 100,000 kids get the vaccine. We'd expect 5 cases of myocarditis. We'd also expect 1,000 breakthrough cases. From these 1,000 breakthrough cases, we wouldn't even expect to see 1 new myocarditis case! To get just one additional case of myocarditis from the vaccinated group, you would need a breakthrough percentage of 20%! So, expected value of myocarditis cases from the vaccine out of 100,000 is still 5.

Expected cases of myocarditis from unvaccinated who get COVID is 11 out of the 100,000, assuming 100% infected. Assume just 50% infected, which is a safe assumption given the numbers already discussed from wild type, and the fact Delta is more contagious, and you get 5.5 cases.

The risk of myocarditis is very low either way. But even when you add in breakthrough cases, the risk from the vaccine is lower. And this is using the highest number of current breakthrough from Pfizer, and a very low estimate of kids who are likely to get COVID over the next 18 months.

Nice try, but another fail.

17. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    :: douchechills ::

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. buckeyegator

buckeyegator Premium Member

Oct 29, 2007
    gainesville, florida
    if you look real, real close you can see fauci pulling the strings as she speaks.....

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    I sure hope it works for those that might need it. Just like these new drugs. Reality is not everyone needs to take a drug for this disease.

20. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    ::creepy::