Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    Or you can be adult and make independent decisions regardless of political weaponization. Doing otherwise is really the personification of "sheep" behavior. It's Pretty simple.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Sounds kind of trite but the saying that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure is literally true when comparing vaccinations that prevent severe Covid-19 infections with therapeutics to treat said infections. It also seems logically inconsistent that the same individuals who express skepticism regarding Covid-19 vaccines referring to them as "experimental" because they have only received emergency use authorization (EAU) (no longer the case with the Pfizer vaccine by the way which is now fully authorized) while promoting the use of therapeutics such as Regeneron which have also been approved by the FDA under EAUs.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    I am definitely consistent in supporting peoples right to make medical decisions for themselves.

The sad reality is many could have little to no risk if they took care of themselves. But the cdc is more concerned about pushing a drug than being healthy.

Here is zdoggmd a big supporter of taking the drug even if you have natural immunity. I agree with some of his stuff. But even he in discussing this addresses the reality the cdc and public health officials have been an abject disaster during Covid.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  4. SeabudGator

SeabudGator GC Legend

Apr 23, 2014
    Let's see - I have "nerve" to ask about your agenda when you literally ignored the number one killer of police officers while attacking the wording of the heading of an article. Then you call me a "liberal" and argue that this has "temporarily" pushed "such people" to show police a little love. Nice irony.

One can care about police regardless of whether the police are arresting property destroying white OR black protestors. One can support peaceful protests whether the protestors are black OR white. And we all should care about what actually kills cops. But then there are those who are so polarized that even having a conversation devolves into nonsensical diversions, ignoring facts, and casting others into labels.

There is a societal parallel to the old science axiom that applies here: "Science advances one funeral at a time." - Planck

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  5. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

Problem is they are wrong. Kids are more like a vaccinated 40 year old, not a vaccinated grandparent. This has been part of the problem. Kids have almost zero risk to covid. Masks don't work and are useless for kids. But hey, let's keep virtue signalling everyone. We are masking young children when most other countries are not. Wonder why? I'm sure it's that those countries don't like kids...

6. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I'd love to know the "real" number of kids who died of covid. Not died "with" covid. But only if we just kept masking kids, that could cure everything...

7. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
  8. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    The podcast video I just posted goes into this (he starts talking on it about the 10:30 mark). Using cdc data no less. The doctor has his 13 year old vaccinated but is ambivalent to vaccinating kids especially the younger ones. He went through a list of things more dangerous to kids…seasonal flu/heart disease/firearms/car accident (6 times more likely to die in a car accident)/drowning/etc.

It is so sad to watch the damage being done to kids because these public health officials have scared the mess out of people for no reason.

9. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    What damage is being done by public health officials that was not already being done from piss poor parenting?

10. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Zero is the answer for any child death. But that is not life.

Watch from the 10:30 mark for things more dangerous to kids than Covid. This doctor is a strong vaccine supporter. His 13 year old is vaccinated and he clearly does not regret that. Monday or later this week he will have a pediatrician on that currently is a strong supporter of vaccinating kids as he is still weighing what to do about his 10 year old. End of the day he is ambivalent on vaccinating kids. He is about providing reality and truth. His whole video is good if you have time.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  11. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
  12. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Children dying from COVID is certainly rare. Tragic when it happens, but rare. Problem is, 100% of kids interact with people in an age category where it’s not rare at all, or for those with grandparents are at extremely high risk. Thus, it’s certainly advisable to vaccinate kids as the vaccines are proven safe (including lower child dose versions). Don’t think a mandate should be necessary for kids. Teachers, 100%. Kids can depend on whether they live with parents or vulnerable people. A lot of the issue is the people most vocally against vaccinating kids are more broadly anti-vaxx, and are more likely unvaccinated against COVID themselves as an entire family group. That makes them all far more likely to spread disease as a family.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    How many adults were infected by a child and died?

14. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Thanks, but i'll wait for the FDA to approve the vaccine for my kids and not take your word on it.

15. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    And how many of those adults were vaccinated or could have been vaccinated?
    And how many of those who were vaccinated or previously had COVID came into contact with said child and died or even became extremely ill.

Adults shouldn't be putting this on the children, in my view.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Not sure your point here, though it might be a reasonable Q. The point was that putting children at risk of infection places others at risk of infection and deadly outcomes.

Not sure how this Q is different.
    Who did this?

17. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Not disagreeing. However, if you are going to take this stance, which is asinnine as the "how many people really die of cancer" argument, to have a complete picture, you need to identify all of the kids who have died of "respiratory symptoms - cause unknown" and calculate how many of them were misdiagnosed COVID patients. That would make for a complete data set, not the incomplete set you are referencing.

18. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Where did I say get ahead of what the FDA authorizes? The answer is nowhere. I didn’t say that. Try keeping yourself intellectually honest. I know it’s a challenge for some.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  19. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Not at all. 35% of kids who died "with" covid died with zero possible connections to covid, so that according to the CDC means those were wrong covid deaths. If you want to go look at death certificates of cancer patients, be my guest. My point is covid is almost zero risk to kids and luckily mine are in FL and have had no mask requirements this year. Other states aren't that lucky. Really only if I were to go to a hospital or fly on a plane would i need to wear a mask. So life is pretty normal for me and my family. My sister and her family in NJ isn't that lucky. Sucks for her.

20. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I am not making anything up... You can read whatever lies some bureaucrat tells you to do, but I read real doctors' advice and follow their advice... I know what I will do/ And ONE MORE TIME what I say is NOT advice but what I believe and it's my OPINION... nothing more, nothing less.

I forever have said that I am NOT giving advice.... You know this if you are being honest. But do NOT spread lies about me. Do you understand? Like I have said over and over again. I am NOT giving any kind medical advice that you are somehow compelled to follow. I continue to preface my statements that you should always go to you personal medical expert and seek their recommendation as to what you personally should do.

I only state my OPINION here on what I have research for my self. If you want to read if fine, but make no mistake abound what I post here. It is NOT medical advice... It's what doctors that are either immunologist suggest or what virologist suggest. It's intended to get you to talk to your doctor, nothing more and nothing less...