Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    Vax mandate is a different issue, as you have pointed out numerous times. You can be pro vax and anti mandate.

Also, you give reasons above that there is concern about the safety, then concerns about which one is best. The one that is best, to the extent we can conclude that at this point, is also the most potent. Those seem to be contradicting concerns.

Plus I have not heard anybody voice this "which one is best" question until you did (not withstanding J&J lower efficacy). I really don't buy that as a reason for vaccine hesitancy.

3. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Wait. Why are you showing me a graph for Washington DC? You were talking about the Oregon mandate.

4. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    The only way to stop a troll is to deprive them of what they seek. Every time you respond you are oxygen to his fire. Just put him on ignore. It’s wonderful.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    Most of the hesitancy is due to misinformation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

...or compared to more established vaccines the concern may be over the shorter time span of information

7. tilly

I may have confused threads/conversations. I was discussing mandates but I honestly cant keep track of what conversation I am in anymore lol.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. dangolegators

Apr 26, 2007
    That's kinda like being pro choice but anti abortion. Wish they'd apply that kind of logic here in Texas.

9. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    Ultimately as a person and parent, you have to make decisions based on available information

- a vast majority of doctors recommended vaccine, including for teens when available
    - public health agencies recommended them
    - there was extensive information on their effectiveness and side effects

At that point, what more do you need? To stretch it out further means you are likely being persuaded by disinformation sources.

That it's mostly a republican thing to me shows it is a political thing as well as immersion into a disinformation bubble, and distrust in institutions and publicly available information . Also, historically it's mostly the far left who were the anti vax kooks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. tilly

I just gave you data that shows stretching it out for kids is not a republican thing.

11. dangolegators

Apr 26, 2007
    In general, vaccine hesitancy is very much a Republican thing. So it somehow doesn't apply to kids?

12. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    Yeah I think we've gotten lost about what we were arguing about. But whatever it was, I'm right and you're wrong.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    No kidding. Continue their trials and if everthing's going ok in about 10 years, then talk about it. Big pharma can wait a while on the mandated school kid cash cow.

14. dangolegators

Apr 26, 2007
    Yeah, let's let tens of millions die over the next ten years so we have better data on the vaccines.

15. tilly

1. Do we know that vaccine hesitancy is a republican thing in the general sense? Arent tree hugging lefty types pretty anti vax in general too?
    2. I gave you the poling data. Blue states and red states are almost identical when it comes to vax mandates for kids.

• Like Like x 1
  16. tilly

Honey, is that you? :cool:

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. dangolegators

Apr 26, 2007
    Yes.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  18. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    I thought we were going to keep it on the down low.

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Maybe FDA approval? Is that too much to ask?

20. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    There was already EUA approval.

Again, risk return. Also, I don't think there was a massive wave of new vaccinations after full FDA approval. Yet another excuse.