Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

I was referencing the South. And I do again here responding to someone. Funny that you posted a "funny" emoji on that post. Shocking...

upload_2021-9-13_14-45-38.png

I was off about 10 days or so on the peak in FL. I in no way thought delta would wane in the US before going thru the country, hence why i said let's check back in the fall(I meant Oct-Nov) and see where the cases per million are occuring.

2. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    What's bullshit is you and others thinking I give shit what you guys think about my natural immunity or if the vaccine actually does have potential to harm some. But hey thanks for your approval

3. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    1 shot is better than 2 for sure. Still don't agree with it. Especially with the CAE data that I posted last week. Dumb to vaccinate someone who has a 1 in 30k+ chance of being hospitalized compared to a 1 in 6k chance of myocarditis in boys 12-15. Sounds brilliant to me. Don't worry about my kids, because there is zero chance they are taking the vaccine at this time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Did you really just ask me to post an article that states that unvaccinated people are a significant risk to contract and spread the disease?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    They're all just waiting for you to covid croak so they can dance on your grave. :p

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    he’ll just move the goal posts again.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  7. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Learned a long time ago not to talk directly about anyone's children. Good way to get shot....which I actively avoid. :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    No worry. This poster and I have had some pretty good discussions in the past. We will never see eye to eye, but it is not disrespectful. I enjoy the discussion. I always assume that I am not always right, nor are other always wrong, so discussion with someone who differs from your opinion/understanding can be a positive learning experience!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    No, wrong person. Nice try,...

10. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Other better-led states will have far better results than Florida has had.

11. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    AS
    What are the death rates in kids 12 - 15 with COVID? Death rates for myocarditis from the vaccine? Also, what about longer term effects? What percentage of kids suffer from long haul COVID symptoms versus the number of kids who have any symptoms 4 weeks out from getting vaccinated? Last, what is the R0 of Delta from infected kids 12 - 15?

Answer these questions, and then decide the risks/benefits of getting kids vaccinated. To answer the first question, the death rate from COVID is very small, but I have found only 1 death in kids from the vaccine. And that's overseas, 15-year old who was taking steroids and supplements. Stateside, I have yet to find any deaths from the vaccine. As for longer term effects, around 5% to 10% of kids tend to suffer from long haul symptoms. Found nothing for the vaccine. Last, no study on R0 on Delta in kids yet, but considering there were 252,000 pediatric COVID cases last week, which represent about 1 in 4 total cases, the R0 for Delta in kids sure looks a lot higher than the wild type.

12. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    You never mentioned a geographic area. How are we supposed you meant the south? You also never responded to me, other than the funny emoji, when I explained the US will have a longer Delta cycle due to a larger geographic footprint. You are either moving the goalposts. Or maybe you're trying to tell me I did a poor job of reading your mind? Because I did a fine job reading your posts and your reactions.

13. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Where did i move the goalposts? Swing and a miss!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Conjecture at this point. We shall see.

15. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Are you really calling out a funny emoji? You really want to go there? I meant the south but didn't explain myself very well. That's on me.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I enjoy our discussions a lot. Think we both learn from each other. Other's on here not so much...

• Like Like x 2
  17. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    You said the country should be over Delta by "Augusta," When does the South become the entire country? They lost the Civil War, by the way.

And maybe we should both stop this juvenile practice of giving each other the funny emoji on every post. I'm ready if you are.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

I haven't done that in almost a week. Don't think you can say the same...

Fine with me

19. Swamplizard

Swamplizard VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, Florida
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Interesting Data on the number of hospitalizations "with" covid. Higher than I thought.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/...=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=share

For two separate studies published in May, doctors in California read through several hundred charts of pediatric patients, one by one, to figure out why, exactly, each COVID-positive child had been admitted to the hospital. Did they need treatment for COVID, or was there some other reason for admission, like cancer treatment or a psychiatric episode, and the COVID diagnosis was merely incidental? According to the researchers, 40 to 45 percent of the hospitalizations that they examined were for patients in the latter group.

The study found that from March 2020 through early January 2021—before vaccination was widespread, and before the Delta variant had arrived—the proportion of patients with mild or asymptomatic disease was 36 percent. From mid-January through the end of June 2021, however, that number rose to 48 percent. In other words, the study suggests that roughly half of all the hospitalized patients showing up on COVID-data dashboards in 2021 may have been admitted for another reason entirely, or had only a mild presentation of disease.

This increase was even bigger for vaccinated hospital patients, of whom 57 percent had mild or asymptomatic disease. But unvaccinated patients have also been showing up with less severe symptoms, on average, than earlier in the pandemic: The study found that 45 percent of their cases were mild or asymptomatic since January 21. According to Shira Doron, an infectious-disease physician and hospital epidemiologist at Tufts Medical Center, in Boston, and one of the study’s co-authors, the latter finding may be explained by the fact that unvaccinated patients in the vaccine era tend to be a younger cohort who are less vulnerable to COVID and may be more likely to have been infected in the past.

• Informative Informative x 1