Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    You just wonder how many innocent victims he took with him. There really should be consequences for all these liars (other than those who suffer the perfect karma of being killed by COVID). I’m hoping some of the worst of them are sued into oblivion, especially those most followed who are spreading definitively false stuff.

You’d think it would be pretty easy for the family of a victim to draw the line between their tragedy, and the misinformation that put them there.

2. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Almost no hospitals are at 100% capacity, let alone having to go to 110-120% which most hospitals are able to do. Last I saw FL was around 91%. I’ll have to find that data.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    ICU units aren’t “crushed” either. I’ll find that data tomorrow morning showing it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. g8rjd

g8rjd GC Hall of Fame

Jan 20, 2008
    Tallahassee, FL
  6. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    So far, as Dr. Fauci says, we've been lucky that the vaccine has been effective against the major variants. As Fauci also continues, getting vaccinated isn't just about yourself, but about protecting others.

Variants are going to happen regardless. But vaccinations can delay the process by limiting the number of hosts. The longer we delay the next major variant, the better. It's also why the WHO is asking countries like the US to hold off giving boosters until more people around the world can get a first shot. Sound logic, in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 9, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  9. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Florida Pushes Antibody Treatments After Record COVID-19 Hospitalizations | The Daily Caller

Florida Pushes Antibody Treatments After Record COVID-19 Hospitalizations

• Florida health officials agreed Wednesday that they will begin urging the public to take advantage of monoclonal antibody therapy upon the onset of COVID-19 symptoms, the Daily Caller News Foundation has learned.
    • “Monoclonal antibodies are laboratory-made proteins that mimic the immune system’s ability to fight off harmful antigens such as viruses,” according to the Food and Drug Administration.
    • “I do think it has really made a difference,” Gov. Ron DeSantis said of the therapy. “And I think if people know that that is out there, I think it will be something that will be good.”
    Florida health officials agreed Wednesday that they will begin urging the public to take advantage of monoclonal antibody therapy upon the onset of COVID-19 symptoms, the Daily Caller News Foundation has learned.

One of my employees had this done 3 or 4 days after symptoms started to appear, he claims within 24 hrs he was feeling a lot better and could breathe easier. He's a big man weighs over 400 lbs. Hopefully this turns out to great for those who are struggling

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. g8rjd

g8rjd GC Hall of Fame

Jan 20, 2008
    Tallahassee, FL
    Interesting. Guy who spent months claiming COVID was no worse than the flu and trashing the idea of vaccination posts an article about a treatment therapy for people who are sick from COVID noting “record hospitalizations,” which is almost exclusively among the unvaccinated.

Weird how that works.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Even more interesting that they are all so afraid of the "experimental vaccine" and its "synthetic molecule", but are not afraid of the "experimental mono-clonal antibody treatment" that is a 100% synthetic protein being injected into your blood stream.

Damned bizarre these anti-vaxxers.

• Best Post Ever x 4
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  12. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Smokers, alcohol abusers, food abusers, drug abusers, etc.....yes. You can be supportive, encourage change, actively help by being an agent for their change, but in the end, a lot of that is on the individual. I have even paid for rehab for a family member trying to get clean. However, when he was arrested months later during a drug buy, I had no sympathy for that.

And, we are not talking about anything nearly as difficult as an addiction or nearly as dangerous as substance abuse.

So yes, no sympathy at all for this idiot who dies a needless death.

13. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Last years super spreader event again this year, even bigger, with official welcome from the Governor.

Remember that SD Gov. Kristi Noem has been trying to outflank DeSantis from the right on Covid. From WaPo July 12

“South Dakota did not do any mandates,” she wrote on Twitter. “We trusted our people, gave them all the information and told them that personal responsibility was the best answer.”
That was largely a quote from the speech itself, in which she targeted DeSantis (though not by name).
“We’ve got Republican governors across this country pretending they didn’t shut down their states. That they didn’t close their regions. That they didn’t mandate masks,” she said. Insisting that she wasn’t “picking fights,” she told the hard-right audience that Republicans “need leaders with grit. That their first instinct is the right instinct.”

Follow the link below to view the article.

700,000 bikers to rally in S.D. town
    700,000 bikers to rally in S.D. town - Tampa Bay Times

14. danmann65

danmann65 All American

May 22, 2015
    My local Walmart (north side of deland) closed for two days for cleaning. Seems all the people in the deli got covid and showed up to work sick. Reason 1402 to buy your subs from publix.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. danmann65

danmann65 All American

May 22, 2015
    I hope maybe some of the people who have the same political leanings will get the darn shot.

16. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Even vaccinated vulnerable indoor without masks

• Informative Informative x 3
  17. Diesel350z

Diesel350z GC Legend

Apr 29, 2007
    Was in a similar situation. Wear your mask.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Swamplizard

Swamplizard VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, Florida
    • Friendly Friendly x 5
  19. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Which situation provides better long term immunity?
    1. Just the vaccine?
    2. Got COVID first, then got the vaccine?
    3. Got the vaccine, and then got COVID?

20. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Heard a terrible story this morning out of Jacksonville. 75 year old mother got sick, her kids weren't too worried because she was vaccinated. Found out after she died that she had lied to them about getting vaccinated.

• Friendly Friendly x 1