Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    And without reaching herd immunity… do we get the next variant where the vaccine is not affective?

Starting the whole process over again… smdh

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    They realize they’ve believed lies and followed poor leadership - but unfortunately too late.

lots of these stories and it would be awful.

“I’m admitting young healthy people to the hospital with very serious COVID infections. One of the last things they do before they’re intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that I’m sorry, but it’s too late,”

“They cry. And they tell me they didn’t know. They thought it was a hoax. They thought it was political. They thought because they had a certain blood type or a certain skin color they wouldn’t get as sick. They thought it was ‘just the flu,’” Cobia wrote.“

“But they were wrong. And they wish they could go back. But they can’t.

Alabama doctor tells unvaccinated COVID patients begging for vaccine: ‘It’s too late’

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Not sure why people care. It's peoples choice to make. Some will die. I don't feel too bad for them. This virus does almost zero to kids, so lets get everyone back going in life and move on. Some will die. That's on them. 99% of hospitals aren't overflowing, and the delta will run it's course much faster than predicted(Look at the UK).

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. g8rjd

g8rjd GC Hall of Fame

Jan 20, 2008
    Tallahassee, FL
    People care because they don’t want people to die that don’t have to. And they don’t want those people to cause harm to others around them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    I care because the more hosts the virus has, the greater the chance of mutation into an even more dangerous variant. I also care because hospitalization isn't cheap. And I'm going to be paying higher premiums and possibly taxes to cover costs.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    If you are vaccinated, you have very little to worry about. We want more people to get the virus now IF they aren’t going to get the vaccine. That way the won’t get it again and it’s just like getting the vaccine if they survive.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. g8rjd

g8rjd GC Hall of Fame

Jan 20, 2008
    Tallahassee, FL
    Yeah. I know that if you get the vaccine you have little to worry about. But some people actually think of people other than themselves, even when they’ve never met them. So some people actually want as many people as possible to be vaccinated rather than have an increased risk of hospitalization and death. I realize that there are people who find this concept unfathomable because they care only about themselves.

And some people would rather others get vaccinated to stop the crush of massive pressure from hospitalizations, knowing the pressure it puts on health care workers. But please go on about what “we” want.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You can think of people all day. I’m not wasting my time on people who make stupid choices. I hope they don’t make those dumb choices, but I can’t help them so I move on. Just like people doing drugs, it sucks but it’s their choice. I want everyone vaccinated, but wanting and hoping doesn’t solve the problem. Get kids back in school, give parents choice to mask their kids and get on with life. I care about my family and my friends. But even people in my family who made the stupid choice to not get vaccinated can’t be talked into taking it. I’ve tried til I’m blue in the face but some people won’t listen. Has nothing to do with being selfish. What’s selfish is masking kids when they have almost a zero risk of covid. Not complicated.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. g8rjd

g8rjd GC Hall of Fame

Jan 20, 2008
    Tallahassee, FL
    Yeah, nothing to do with being self centered. Let’s let the health care system get crushed. Aren’t you a hero.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    The health care system isn’t “crushed”. That’s the problem. People like you making up crap. But hey, keep it up.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Appreciate your honesty. “It’s not me so who cares. F’ em.” Unlike you, I haven’t always made perfect choices in life, and for the grace of God I’m here. So I’m stuck with empathy. You don’t have that burden. You rule!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  12. Diesel350z

Diesel350z GC Legend

Apr 29, 2007
    Not crushed but much needed surgeries are being pushed out due to hospitals being at capacity.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You keep worrying about people overdosing on drugs, not getting vaccinated and eating themselves to death. I’ll take care of my family and “F’em” I guess. Let me know how that worrying helps.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. g8rjd

g8rjd GC Hall of Fame

Jan 20, 2008
    Tallahassee, FL
    Sounds like you’re stuck in an Egyptian river.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article252953008.html

Mississippi has only 6 open ICU beds, Arkansas only 25 as delta variant fuels Covid surge

Covid-19: Oklahoma, other US states run out of ICU hospital beds amid Delta strain surge - Times of India

COVID, delta variant in Mississippi: Full ICUs, staff shortages

‘Overwhelmed and just worried’: ICU caregivers dealing with surge of Delta Variant cases | ABC4 Utah

Making crap up…

No wonder you, unburdened with things like empathy, continue to s***post.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  15. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Even if one doesn’t care about people like this representative who died, people like him influence others who don’t know what to believe. Who don’t distinguish between good information or bad. Who follow what the people who they vote for or who leads them say. And then some of them suffer the consequences.... And, I don’t want people to get sick or die. Period.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    It depends on where you are, but the fact FL is at its record (and surging) should tell you some hospitals are indeed already getting “crushed”.

Our hospital already pretty much eliminated visitations, after being largely open for a few months. Now just 1 family member can visit in the non-covid areas.

I assume elective surgeries are next on the chopping block.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Yeah, the guy actually did more good by dying and setting an example for what happens to unvaccinated people than he did by living and spreading vaccine disinformation. At least his final act was truthful.

18. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Those are scare tactics. Go look at the cdc data. I know, crazy, right. Maybe stop reading the fear tactics. Media knows fear sells. Don’t buy into it.

COVID Data Tracker

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I still feel bad about him dying. So needless.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. g8rjd

g8rjd GC Hall of Fame

Jan 20, 2008
    Tallahassee, FL
    Your link refers to overall hospitalizations. I specifically referenced overwhelmed Intensive Care Units. Your link makes no reference to that.

Apples and oranges.

It also is cumulative and doesn’t address localized surges, such as @BLING discussed from his personal experience.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 1