Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Yeah well he is quoting posts from February before most of us were even that concerned or had any clue how bad this would be.
    That's not cool.

• Like Like x 1
  2. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    I guess one diff is that when I have shared some priceless Covid quotes, I've taken care not to ID the poster. Here ya go:
    from August . . .
    from September . . .
    from November . . .
    Ignoring this is akin to ignoring those who are adamant about election fraud. People spread dangerous ignorance and I think those oh-so-flawed opinions should be called out.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Well some, such as yourself, were wronger than others. Go back and look at your reaction when I suggested that 150k could die. I was wrong -- the number ended up being much higher than that. And those who were most wrong, like Louisville, were downplaying the threat for political reasons.

4. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Legend

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    Is Louisville still around? Did he get locked up in DC or something?

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. dangolegators

Apr 26, 2007
    He must have either gotten banned or he got tired of the beating he was taking here as a Trump defender.

6. buckeyegator

buckeyegator Premium Member

Oct 29, 2007
    gainesville, florida
    has not stopped me.

7. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

And some such as yourself were adamant that schools should be closed. Good call.

8. tilly

Yes, and I later pointed out to the board publicly that I had underestimated it at the beginning and that you were right and I was wrong, so? Here is the quote of me giving you props months ago.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  9. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    If that’s what they were doing then agree. But at the time they were mocking everyone who thought it needed to be taken serious and treat it with caution. Also disregarding science and medical community and parroting rush Limbaugh (it’s just the cold) and trump. (Their latest hoax).

and with so many now letting their compass of truth be guided by QAnon, etc; it’s good to call it out.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  10. dangolegators

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair enough. You do have far more integrity than some who shall remain nameless but who post constantly in this thread.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. dangolegators

Apr 26, 2007
    Exactly.

12. tilly

Calling out year old posts helps no one. My opinion has 100% changed since this thread started, yet I just had my original opinion brought up yet again by another poster.

13. tilly

Seriously. I think I am going to go delete all my early posts in this thread. Anyone else who has had a change should consider it too. Having year old opinions of an unknown should not be being brought back up unless you are still voicing that incorrect opinion.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  14. tilly

The three posts that were just revisited did not mock anyone and they even added caveats. One was just doubting the speediness of a vax.
    ALL were before Trump made his Hoax remark at the end of Feb.

He just cherry picked 3 posts that had no vitriol, mocked no one and they all happened before Trump made his dumb remarks.

Bringing them up is unfair.

15. dangolegators

Apr 26, 2007
    Such drama. If we go deleting all the wrong posts in this thread we'd cut the pages from 1057 to about 20.

16. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Legend

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    Somewhere in April I believe I actually praised trump for finally taking the virus seriously.
    Talk about being wrong.

But, I said it and I own it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. dangolegators

Apr 26, 2007
    Yeah that was that brief one week period where he actually pretended to be a leader.

18. tilly

It's called sarcasm. All 20 accurate posts were likely yours I assume?

BTW...how was I "wronger than others"?. My numbers were mostly based on the UW data. Yes you predicted higher then them as I recall and were correct. (congrats I guess), but it isn't like I was running around denying this thing was a big deal. Link me to one post where I said this wasn't something to be concerned about. Link me to one post where I think masks or the shutdown was wrong. I have been much further left than right all along and you know it.

19. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    Seems like cabin fever is setting in around here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Ha ha. That’s what I like about long threads like this you can see the evolution of thought and how wrong conservatives usually are. :) I was in on post #4 talking about how serious my company was taking it back then.

My only wrong post was around March 16-ish after Tucker convinced Trump to take it seriously and Trump engaged for a millisecond on the issue.. I gave credit for shifting his mindset. W R O N G. He had no attention span.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1