Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in Florida

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by rivergator, Mar 12, 2020.

1. gator4ever88

gator4ever88 Sophomore

Aug 29, 2017
    Florida citizens? Wow that’s a stretch. Who qualifies for a Florida citizen these days? Thought that went out about 1900’s

2. gator4ever88

gator4ever88 Sophomore

Aug 29, 2017
    According to the media apparently we don’t know how to contain it. New cases are at an all time high. Oh the insanity!

3. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 9, 2009
    Now that vaccination has begun, positive trends no longer have to be dismissed out of hand as Disinformation™. Some folks are just gonna have to go back to dying of heart attacks and car wrecks. COVID has exhausted the attention span of the worst germophobes and there are other dragons to slay. The right people will be in place tomorrow to take credit for saving the world. Besides, facial recognition software can't do its job with everyone running around wearing masks.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  4. gator7_5

gator7_5 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Isn’t late better than never?

5. FutureGatorMom

FutureGatorMom Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Well? We are dealing with people who could't adjust their holiday get togethers and a second wa
    Did you read what I wrote about my mother and her friend's experiences? This is not a coordinated well run program. Yes, they run out of vaccines, shocking? There are enough people doing it that the paper was able to profile people from Canada and S America. If you're at high risk, what are you doing traveling to another country? Most are actually intentionally coming just to get a vaccine. If it grows more legs, it'll take longer to vaccinate enough Americans to return to normal

I'm all for humanity, but they are not hungry children dying in S Africa.

6. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    I’m one. Born and raised in Florida. Then there are those who migrate here and declare this their homestead. Last I checked those are Florida citizens.

But I can see how difficult that might be for some to comprehend. Lol

7. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    I think you are confusing “residency” with citizenship.

Florida is unique in that we have a very large chunk of seasonal residents. Some may consider Florida their official residence (for tax purposes), others might consider their northern state their permanent residence. But I think all these people should be getting the vaccine in FL if they are living in FL during these winter months. People should not be traveling to get the vaccine in either direction (whether coming too FL, or going to some other state outside FL).

The bottom line is with so many seasonal residents, it was going to be impossible to sort them out for the vaccine. If a guy has a Michigan DL but lives in FL for 6 months, how do you separate that from the guy who is here 2 weeks? The state decided it just isn’t worth it to do that, and they’re probably right. What % of the vaccines do we seriously think are going to “tourists”? 1%? 5%? I’m sure it happens, it should not be encouraged, but at the same time I seriously doubt it’s a substantial amount of people going through such extreme efforts to get a vaccine.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    Half our condo has owners that live here 50% more or less. I’m not talking about them.

I’m talking about foreigners and Canadians who are not US “citizens”. And yes I should have stated residents of Florida.

If you own property here and are a US citizen then please be vaccinated. If not, wait in line until there’s enough vaccine for everyone who wants one.

• Like Like x 1
  9. intimigator1

intimigator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    Hate is a real emotion reserved for people that earn being hated. I hate Desantis. I don't like him. I don't dislike him. I just hate him.

A vacation sounds nice though and don't we all need one of those after the past year? I would not hate that! :)

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  10. intimigator1

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    Wow! Such anger! Looks someone needs a vacation or new vocation!

11. buckeyegator

buckeyegator Premium Member

Oct 29, 2007
    gainesville, florida
    guess you really love pelosi, newsom, the gov. of michigan, and the grand man himself cuomo.

12. surfn1080

surfn1080 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 26, 2008
    Difference between those on the right and those on the left.

I dont hate Biden. I just dont think he is the right person for the job. I think his policies will do more harm than good or he will copy some of Trumps policies and call it his own. Just look at his first relief package.

13. RIP

RIP Election Prediction Savant VIP Member

Feb 2, 2015
    intimigator does not represent the left and you do not represent the right. If you think the left has a monopoly on hatred then you are living in a dream world.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. intimigator1

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    As I am sure you do realize that I speak for myself and not anyone else. When I said, "I hate Desantis" then it is my opinion. I don't wish bad on him nor ill will I just seriously dislike, to the point of hate, anyone that needs/needed Trump to lead them. Sorry but I am just not into this blind following crap and it angers me to no end when I see a governor that is supposed to represent Florida, a state that every 4 years is split down the middle on political leanings, choose to be a lapdog for someone like Trump.

So no this isn't a "difference between those on the right and those on the left"! This is me and my very own opinion. I don't belong to the mysterious "right or left" ideology you speak of. By the way, nobody is going to copy some of Trumps policies! Are you kidding me? Trump the con and his "I think 2400.00 is what is needed" was a ridiculous statement by him because up to that moment he was completely against any money being given!! It was a scam!

15. intimigator1

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    Trump cultists are really weird in their opinions. That is a fact. I don't love politicians I respect those that care about the people they represent and don't choose to isolate those that don't bow down to them. Why do you think everyone has this need to bond with politicians? Have you ever seen me idolize any that you chose (which I can assure you that you don't like and maybe hate?) of course not! They are not an issue with me and I am mostly happy with how they present themselves and their views. Love? I ask again..who loves a politician with the exception of their family and friends? Is this something you do?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  16. intimigator1

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    I didn't read this before posting my last thoughts. Respect to you for posting this. I stand tall with my very own thoughts and opinions that for the most part are based on what I see and what I hear from those in the public eye. I certainly do not speak for anyone but me. So "left" and "right" you are on your own to be part of your group think so just leave me out as it's a much more logical world outside of those groups.

• Like Like x 1
  17. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    What is this thread about again?

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. RIP

RIP Election Prediction Savant VIP Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Fishing I think.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. gator4ever88

gator4ever88 Sophomore

Aug 29, 2017
    Florida Cracker here, I get it to a certain point.

20. gator4ever88

gator4ever88 Sophomore

Aug 29, 2017
    Are there Biden cultists that are weird in there opinions? Or are they just right because of there opinions...