Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Cormani Visiting? Is It April fools again??

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by swamp life, May 11, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swamp life

swamp life Senior

Aug 12, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Former Colorado cornerback Cormani McClain is reportedly set to visit Florida as he continues exploring his options in the transfer portal.

Matt Zenitz of 247Sports reported the visit will happen in the "near future," though no date has been set.

McClain was the nation's top-rated cornerback coming out of high school and the No. 14 overall prospect in the 2023 class. He played sparingly during his lone season under Deion Sanders, recording 13 total tackles and one pass defensed.

It did not appear McClain enjoyed his time in Colorado, either, throwing shade at the program after announcing he was entering the portal.
    "Some people just gotta take a step back from things sometimes, certain people, you know," McClain said. "I feel like I just don't want to play for clicks. I actually want to be involved with a great leading program that's going to develop players."

McClain did not do much to help his stock at Colorado, as he dropped from a 5-star to a 4-star prospect and was only the fifth-rated cornerback in the portal. Sanders said maturity was an issue for McClain, noting he was not always committed to putting in work.

"I'm always in prayer for young men, and I want the best for them," Sanders told DNVR. "And I pray to God that he goes to a program that challenges him as well as holds him accountable and develops him as a young man. Unfortunately, we weren't the program that could accomplish that."
    "I'm always in prayer for young men, and I want the best for them," Sanders told DNVR. "And I pray to God that he goes to a program that challenges him as well as holds him accountable and develops him as a young man. Unfortunately, we weren't the program that could accomplish that.McClain is the top remaining player left on the transfer market yet to make his decision by a significant margin. No other top-50 player is yet to lock in their next school of choice, according to 247Sports.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

DON’T DO IT!!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    My Guess
    UCF

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. foot

foot Junior

Mar 24, 2008
    Billy seem real high on character, so if Billy say "yes" then it should be a go. Otherwise no.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. scooterp

scooterp GC Hall of Fame

Feb 15, 2012
    Earn it

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    No thanks.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. MadduxFanII

MadduxFanII GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    I was never overly worked up about the initial nonsense around McClain's commitment to Miami. And while his experience at Colorado certainly isn't a shining endorsement, it's not like Deion Sanders is some kind of moral beacon or unquestionable leader of men. So if you're comfortable with the state of the secondary, and you don't think you'll be in a position where you necessarily need McClain, then I have no problem taking a flyer on the talent while making clear that you won't hesitate to cut him if he steps out of line.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    It may very well happen. Im an old softy, did prison ministry for 12 years so i do know people can change and learn to make better decisions. Not all, but some.

• Like x 18
    • Friendly x 5
    • Best Post Ever x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
  9. foot

foot Junior

Mar 24, 2008
    I agree. I don't know Cormani, but we all know Deion and I would never play for that guy.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    I think the way he played us is enough for us to demand more if he comes back. He’s always wanted to be a Gator, but he was 17 and the money is the money. I get it. Unless there’s some maturity there that y’all picking up from, I don’t see it. Just go watch his videos on why he’s leaving. I think there’s a lot of work to do still and I don’t think the talent is enough to warrant putting up with it.

• Agree Agree x 7
  11. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    Deion's "always in prayer for young men."
    I mean, when he's belittling them as failures on Twitter when they transfer and while boasting about his son's success in comparison to insult his former players,he still prays for them to have strength to endure his ridicule. Chess not checkers!

Last edited: May 11, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. foot

foot Junior

Mar 24, 2008
    He is so full of crap and always playing up to the camera or some media outlet. I'm sure McClain learned a lot about the world after dealing with his ass for a whole year.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. 06GATORS08

06GATORS08 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2009
    The staff will know better than us

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  14. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    At first I hated the idea of it but if he is gonna come here as a PWO he might be serious about wanting to be developed. Which he said in his comments so idk. Seems low risk to me

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2014
    If BN feels like it’s a good decision then I’m good with it.

• Agree Agree x 7
  16. elijah_blue7

elijah_blue7 Senior

Aug 20, 2018
    Ain't gon lie...2024 comes thru again as a weird year cuz I sure did not expect this lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. 2oldgator

2oldgator GC Legend

Jul 14, 2021
    Dunnellon fl
    It’s been a chore getting the toxicity drained from the team: players and coaches. Don’t think CBN will offer him if he’s not convinced he won’t be that type of player.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. gainesvillegreen44

gainesvillegreen44 GC Legend

Nov 5, 2015
    Omnipresent
    This might be the 1st time in 25 years I can confidently say (outside looking in) culture is good in Gnv. If CBN thinks it’ll work then I trust him. Billy has done a good job balancing talent with character. You GOTTA have a couple swag guys on the team if you’re gonna win titles. More than likely it’s gonna be at WR/CB … those dudes just have a different mentality. But you CANNOT have entitlement and laziness seep in. Bama and Georgia had a few dudes like that but you never saw it affect the team… in fact, those guys didn’t cause problems til they left Uga/bama and went to nfl

• Like Like x 5
  19. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    I heard it's for a walk on spot with a chance to earn a Scholly. It will also include a upfront NIL deal thatvwoukd include instate tuition costs.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    If CBN gets McClain to commit as a walk on 1 year removed from being a consensus 5 star player is elite recruiting.

Last edited: May 13, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.