Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Contests during the season

Discussion in 'Nuttin but Net' started by OklahomaGator, Jul 27, 2022.

1. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    We will have our pick the score contest as usual but does anyone have any ideas on other contests?

We did one two seasons ago using player stats for two players each game which was okay. Looking for ideas.

2. SmootyGator

SmootyGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 17, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    For years I keep saying that I'm going to start one of my own, but I never have time (and am somewhat lazy about it). My idea is to do a weekly pick'em type challenge where everyone picks 5 winners from a pool of 5+ games. Your first pick is worth 5, 2nd worth 4, 3rd worth 3 and then so on. If you get all 5 correct you get 15 points max. The pool of games to pick from would be limited to 5 to 8 or so games. Games would be mostly SEC or big national games where the spread is close to even as possible. A couple years back I even started a spreadsheet, but never finished it. Anyway, if it sounds like something a bunch of people want to do, someone could start it up, or convince me to do it!

That being said, I'm hoping we still do the gambling one with the odds that I come in close to last every year. Despite my inadequacies, I still enjoy doing that one for at least a few weeks anyway! :)

Edit: Just realized I'm in NBN, not SG!

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. stingbb

stingbb Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I think we should have a contest based on predicting how many times Tampajack brings up Ques Glover this season.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  4. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    What might work better is for me to private message you about Ques. Would 20 times a day work for you? The messages would be pretty basic. For example, “Ques is walking to biology class now. He’s really moving so he doesn’t get there late.” What do you think sting? Would that interest you?

5. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Smoot! Ya need to join the Gotham Style pick 'em challenge on the 'Hoops board. Don't need to play every game, just when ya want to.

P.S. Is this the thread where everyone tells me how much they love Value Point Scoring?

6. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    I'll take the over.

7. manigordo

manigordo GC Hall of Fame

Did his drop his books on the way?

8. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I don’t have the cameras set up yet on the Samford campus.

9. SmootyGator

SmootyGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 17, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    I used to do it all the time, in fact there was a season I won a couple of them, but my interest in GBB has kind of waned over the past couple years. Actually, not so much Gator Basketball, but college basketball in general. I still follow, but I only watch a handful of games per season nowadays.