Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Conliffe done?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by exiledgator, Aug 21, 2019.

1. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy GC Hall of Fame

Apr 7, 2010
    I think we'll see Grenard inside some too. If you watch his highlight tapes, a few of his sacks came from inside on passing downs.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    He could be in that range after fall camp.

3. kryptonite

Dec 12, 2008
    Langham was not ready if ever to provide depth.

For the season we will have Slaton and Ancrum back. For this game we should be good if no more DT get injured.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Well, were the other staffs that did not offer better evaluators? We offered. It just s--ks he was our only DL commit in that class and so essentially we had one big DL in two classes(one DT last cycle). To me that's unthinkable. Blows my mind. I have no idea what other staffs are selling.

[/quote]For the season we will have Slaton and Ancrum back. For this game we should be good if no more DT get injured.[/QUOTE]
    What are the odds of that? Darn.

5. kryptonite

Dec 12, 2008
    We supposedly held off Bama for him. Recruiting is not a science, and our imbalance in classes started with McElwain, making it hard for us to get DL the last two years. But we should have done better.

6. ncg8or

ncg8or GC Legend

May 28, 2007
    I think we'll need to add some JuCos or portal xfers (like the Louisville kid) this year since we lose 5 DL after this season. Not counting next year's class (Dexter, Brown, Goods, ?) we'll only have:

DT - Conliffe, Slaton, Campbell, Humphries
    DE - Moon, Carter, Chatfield, Cox(?), Diabate, Bogle, Summerall

Knowing how things go, the likelihood of all eleven of those guys being back, eligible, and uninjured next year is <100%. I'll be curious to see how the FR DEs play this year and if they can bulk up any before the 2020 season.

7. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    I hate the portal. But if it is going to stay it will become more and more important obviously. Smart staffs will already have at least one person with the main job to work it.

Unfortunately if easy transfers are the norm, we are going to see a lot (more) of illegal shenanigans going on to entice players to transfer.

8. thegatorvault

thegatorvault Senior

Jan 11, 2015
    Think you meant Muschamp, no?

9. kryptonite

Dec 12, 2008
    McElwain imbalanced the DT classes by taking so many in one year. Muschamp imbalanced the whole team.