Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Commitment watch

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by Notoriousgator, Apr 20, 2018.

1. manigordo

manigordo GC Hall of Fame

I stopped posting information a few years ago because of abuse for not giving "proper" links. My links were Charlie Strong, a couple of other HS coaches and another UF football staff member.

I also knew a dozen or players durind SOS days. I couldn't give info now if my life depended on it. Days of inside info have passed.

But, I offer respect and condolence to those who put themselves out there.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. DoctorGator

DoctorGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    I had a similar experience here. Very similar.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I agree.

I try to read as much as i can from whatever sources I can. I compile my notes (because it interests me) and I put those notes together in posts here. I also include my opinion based on what I've read or heard on podcasts, etc...even though alot of what I post isn't original material to me, I do add my opinion and other info because I enjoy bringing a whole bunch of info together in one spot for other posters that I know appreciate the effort it takes to put some of these posts together. I still get negativity aimed toward me due to the info I gather from various sources.

I know it's almost a certainty that I'll have to defend myself in every thread I post. I continue to do it because many more posters appreciate the effort than talk shit about it.

I used to get info from players/former players but thankfully I don't know anyone anymore so I'm not tempted to post anything that I can't attribute to anyone due to anonymity.

• Like Like x 4
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. themistocles

themistocles VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Temple Terrace, FL
    It's really interesting to me the following characteristics of Americans and the World's Peoples:

(1) THE DEATHLY FEAR of ERROR!!!! - It's no big deal if you make a mistake. Heck, God makes mistakes, all you have to do is look at the Nasal Sinuses. Thomas Edison would never have let that idiotic design out of his lab.

(2) THE DEATHLY FEAR of CRITICISM!!!! - It's not big deal if someone, or even if everyone criticizes you. Popularity is a false construct.

These two prove just how social almost all people are. Being almost completely non social, combined with the simple fact that I don't act that way at all is one reason I get so many: "Kill The Damn Idiot" comments, because I have no fear of saying whatever, even if it's completely unpopular. I've dealt with this throughout my life, but, in fact, unless one is physically damaged, it really doesn't matter much one way or another.

Fear is the Mind Killer! - If you've never read Frank Herbert's Dune Series, I highly recommend it - brilliant work.

• Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  5. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Well said Note! My thoughts exactly.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. manigordo

manigordo GC Hall of Fame

Or, one may simply think, "These people are not worth my time and effort and I will choose to spend my time in other ways."

For a guy who constantly tries to prove himself on a Southern sports message board, you make a LOT of assumptions regarding the motivations of others.

You are fun to read though on a rainy night in Vouvray.

• Like Like x 1