Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

College Gameday heading to Gainesville

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by JaxGator75, Sep 28, 2019.

1. gatorpower

gatorpower GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Do you really need any other reason? Florida was #2 in the AP, Coaches and Harris polls having beat a top-10 team in the SEC Championship game and had the nations #1 strength of schedule. He was lobbying for a re-match of a game that had happened at the end of the season. He did it on numerous occasions that week, with different interviews. He wasn't just giving his opinion either. At one point looked at the camera to address the voters themselves, specially those involved in the BCS, to tell them that Michigan was the second best team in the country. That's more pathetic than just having an opinion on who is best. He said they passed his "eyeball test". And it would be wrong to have Ohio State play anyone else. The second he looked at the camera and appealed to the voters was when I lost anything for him. The guy is a shill for the Big 10.

And yes, the fact that Michigan got blown out by Southern Cal was sweet, but the guy was out there trying to rob Florida of an opportunity to play for a championship. I do not need any other reason to hate this guy. I don't care if he's a model citizen in any other capacity, or if he tells people the Gators are good. He can pound sand for trying to subvert the system instead of reporting scores.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  2. ajjaxgator

ajjaxgator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 3, 2007
    Duval
    Which one was Sanders hyper elevating in front of Dr. Gilmore for the backbreaking TD?

3. ajjaxgator

Aug 3, 2007
    Duval
    Yeah, I think it was "53%"...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ajjaxgator

Aug 3, 2007
    Duval
    It's a tough call between him and Burt.

5. ajjaxgator

Aug 3, 2007
    Duval
    I predict this getting ugly tout suite.

6. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Interestingly, ESPN fpi moved Florida's chances from 52.8% yesterday, to 48% earlier this morning, and now 46%! :emoji_thinking:

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. AUTigerGrad

AUTigerGrad GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Atlanta, Georgia
    That was 94 with Bo's Dad running the show.

Our TE, Andy Fuller, wrecked yall that game lol.

8. lizardbreath

lizardbreath Senior

Aug 30, 2017
    An excellent recitation of the facts, certainly as I recall them. And like you, my anger for the injustice he did UF at the time is not forgotten - especially in light of his more recent attacks on FF/UF. Insinuating that DM and staff were failing in the "leadership" role, and that after 1 game, there was little or no hope for a "successful" season unless blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, yada, really stuck in my craw. The sheer nerve of this guy is astounding. I had officially decided to let bygones be bygones after his on-air apology for the conduct you cited earlier. But Herbie's current brand of tripe is not only pernicious, it's catching as well. He paved the way for the Brian Griese fiasco at KY, and thereby helped cast a pall over the start of a very important season for us. What they did and said in those two broadcasts was inappropriate and unprofessional. The other "espn family" broadcasts of Gator games were OK - not too bad, not particularly good. ESPN is what it is.

I, and many other UF fans, have been critical of FF - for the most part, because we are a tough bunch to please (see Spurrier, Meyer, et al) and we know what great QB play looks like. FF has his strengths and weaknesses, as do we all. His sideline demeanor can be provocative, and there was concern in Gator Nation about some aspects of FF's game. But to seize on the opportunity to absolutely excoriate a college kid who has never been in trouble "off field," at the beginning of the season and again during the Griese fiasco, is not only despicable, it's actually prejudicial to the fairness in which the Gators are viewed nationally. We can expect an absolute freak show in Gainesville this weekend. It's a shame really, that what would otherwise be a time for celebrating a continuing, successful rebuild of a once great program with a "tenacious" if imperfect 5-0, will likely be buried under the weight of the on-going narrative. And don't forget the coming Auburn worship - they are the flavor of the day and their apples will be polished brightly. Start with an excited student section, lots and lots of unflattering signage, and watch the "kangaroo court" do what it does. Shake well, serve and then go out and beat the living daylights out of AU and send Herbie back north with some egg on his face.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

You do you man... I chose not to "hate" people based on a game played by kids.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    (and @gatorpower & @lizardbreath)

Concur with GP's and LB's characterization of events, and take;

Concur with Tilly's response to it.

I was pissed as shit with Herbie at the time--but it's in the past--or at least for naught, since he lost his 'case', and we won the case, the game, and the natty....I'm good (different if he'd prevailed, and we got screwed...).

jmho/fwiw.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. gatorpower

gatorpower GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Come on man, no need to be dramatic or patronizing. When people say "hate" on here, no one is trying to draw a comparison to murder, or the way hate groups hate, or rage hate, or the hate that keeps you up at night, or anything of the sort there, great Buddha. Yeah, you took the great trek up up the Himalayas for 7 years, with your Sherpa, and came down in your white robes and scuffed elbows to spread love and enlightenment for Kirk Herbstreit and the game played by kids. What else did the eternal sunrise tell you? LOL

Yeah, I hate the guy, I hold a grudge against him. Whenever I see his face, I want to punch it. I'm not in this to find peace, man. I'm in here because I love the Gators.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  12. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

All that because I said "you do you" and "I don't hate people over a game"? I mean I got what you meant...and still dont get that way over a game. I don't hold a grudge or want to punch him.

I assumed you didn't want to "murder" him...lol

How can you accuse me of being "dramatic" with a straight face after that rant?

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Go2gtr

Go2gtr GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Where does all the current north lawn tailgating go? (didn't read all six pages).

14. BA69MA72

BA69MA72 All American

Apr 8, 2007
    Geez, there are people in the Balkans who still carry out murderous grudges 900 years after someone did something to someone. It’s a f’ing college football GAME

15. ajjaxgator

Aug 3, 2007
    Duval
    Yeah.:mad: Saw that one coming from a mile away. He just kept ascending and Dr. G could not diagnose.

16. ajjaxgator

Aug 3, 2007
    Duval
    Aubrin hype-train in full effect.
    Fine. I say let's "Tony McCoy" them.

17. NUM1GATRFN

NUM1GATRFN GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Acworth, Georgia
    Richard Simmons has always been my favorite - I think he represents Clown College VERY well and is a perfect ambassador for Nole Nation!

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. NUM1GATRFN

NUM1GATRFN GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Acworth, Georgia
    On a side note - I'd like to check out GameDay and see this moron they call 'The Bear' - I am miffed as to how this guy is considered so knowledgable and and authority on college football - sitting there off to the side and looking like a squat, squint-eyed Mr. Toad with his little laptop and headset trying to make it seem like he is soooo 'connected', and the GameDay crew always defer to his judgement. How did he land this job?

This idiot has a worse picking percentage than 'Dr. Football' from the Gainesville Sun - he always picks these obscure, garbage games and picks on the over/under, and his record is barely above .500 (the week before last he didn't get any of his picks correct). There must be a bunch of broke CFB bettors out there who wait with anticipation each week on his lame picks. I can do his job and get better results throwing darts at a dart board.

I'd love to be there just to heckle him

moron

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. merinker

merinker Senior

May 28, 2019
    Have they announced yet where they are going to actually be?

20. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    So, where is the SEC Channel team going to be this week, since this seems to be the only big SEC game this week?