Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coach White's contract extended

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by ApexNC, Jun 1, 2021.

1. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    If we fired Mike White after this season as some desire, who do we hire? Anthony Grant lured back? Pelphrey? A Billy D coaching tree guy? Who will being a SEC and National title back to Gville?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. murphree_hall

murphree_hall GC Hall of Fame

Jul 11, 2019
    That is a very dramatic assessment of a simple comment .

Pot, meet kettle.

Edit: And I don’t mean that you have no life. It’s that you are complaining about tenor of posts, yet are posting in a manner that would make that criticism seem hypocritical.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Tampjack- What do you disagree with? You think we should fire Mike White now? I disagree with your assessment if that is the case? You don’t think we should ever fire White? You want to wait the year and assess how his new group plays? Then I asked a question? A hypothetical. Who would you hire, if you let go of White? Who could we attract? Who would leave their program and come to UF? I offered some Billy D coaching tree guys. Who would you recommend to come in and Coach in that scenario? Offer your opinion. What would you do?

4. gatorade

gatorade Junior

Oct 21, 2014
    Meh, not really.
    Key board commandos and message board managers don't apply.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. hoyt233

hoyt233 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 31, 2009
    Prattvile, AL-Go Lions!
    Me too, along with gymnastics and lacrosse.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. Zepgator

Zepgator All American

Oct 18, 2010

gatordavislVIP Member

“Nobody suffers a coaching extension like Gator

This was my 20k post, which means I'm old and have no life.”

I guess you missed his post where he is the one who said he had no life (And I was just playing off on his comment). If I had just said that out of the blue - I would agree with you.
    And I disagree with your statement it was a dramatic post about a simple comment. I actually think it is the other way around.

7. murphree_hall

murphree_hall GC Hall of Fame

Jul 11, 2019
    Ok, I see where you were coming from on the reply to @gatordavisl. Makes sense. With respect to how you characterized my statement, I still believe you were exaggerating the negativity of its tone.

8. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Wow - so much drama about my 20k post and not having a life. Hey . . . I think I have a life now! Thanks fellas
    :emoji_tophat:
    :emoji_nerd:
    :emoji_necktie:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

One of the more well thought post I’ve seen !;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Coach K is available.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. dadx4

dadx4 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville, Fl
    He goes by Slim Shady.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Care to explain?

14. wci347

wci347 GC Hall of Fame

I agree! He should not be compared with Donovan because Donovan is a Hall of Fame coach. Right now White does not even get on the ballot. Now that can change in one season, but I hope and pray that Kowacie lives up to his billing.

• Like Like x 1
  15. GatorPlanet

GatorPlanet GC Hall of Fame

Apr 15, 2007
    Maitland, FL
    I don't like to put too many expectations onto a freshman because it's usually unfair to them, but looking at the grace, speed, and athleticism Kowacie shows (albeit against high schoolers), he's going to get a LOT of playing time. The veterans better be working hard this offseason.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Have you ever seen him play in a game in person, on TV or on YouTube? I haven't been able to find any. I have only seen him on highlight videos, where he looks like Kevin Durant and never misses a shot. However, he only shot 32% from the high school 3-point line this past season, his team was average and it does not appear to have played a difficult schedule. I thought that Ruzhnetsev had a better senior season than Reeves on a much better team against a difficult schedule. It is going to be interesting to see who gets the playing time at the 2 and 3 positions this coming season. We will have about 50 guys competing for that playing time.

17. tim

tim Premium Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Ocala, FL
    They do have some full games on YouTube but I haven’t watched them in their entirety.

I too am concerned we’re placing too much emphasis on him. I want him to be the second coming of Durant as much as anybody but I’ve had similar thoughts regarding his team and their competition.

We shall see..