Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coach White Will Do His Thing

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by gatorraider, Nov 17, 2019.

1. gatorraider

gatorraider Recruit

Sep 25, 2016
    Coach White will stick to his plan no matter how many games we lose and no matter how many fans call for his firing; same thing every year. College basketball is about the tournament and he will have them ready for that. Until then, chill.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  2. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    And by the time he “figures it out” we will end up with a much lower seed than we would have, and get bounced earlier than our talent says we should again.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Zepgator

Zepgator GC Legend

Oct 18, 2010
    Sorry bro, I don’t see how anyone can chill with how they are being coached and shooting the ball. Biggest disappointment of the year - and it doesn’t look promising. I pray we can make the NIT right now.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. HallGator

HallGator Senile Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    Some of you folks give up too easily. It's a long season and there is a lot of bb to be played yet. Our 2nd half looked better and we actually outscored them even after losing KB.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. xenythx

xenythx GC Hall of Fame

Jul 20, 2007
    My prediction is we’ll improve as the season goes on but still not realize our potential. We’ll win a couple of games in the SEC tournament but not win it. Get something like a 5-7 seed, win a couple of games in the NCAA tournament and then flame out.

Some will say that’s a successful season based on how we started while others
    will not be happy based on expectations for this team.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. GatorKP

GatorKP All American

Jul 30, 2011
    ---
    I hope you're right, but this is his 9th season of being a head coach and he's only made it out of the 1st weekend once. His track record doesn't indicate he's a very good post-season coach.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. 33hoop

33hoop GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Lexington, KY
    That’s a pretty good evaluation. Sad thing is that enough will be satisfied with mediocre that White will continue to repeat the same cycle every year as Florida’s coach. Damn shame.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops VIP Member GC Columnist

Apr 10, 2007
    I'll happily go on record.

Based on the personnel, I do not think this team should fall short of the Elite 8.
    (This presumes we do not having significant injury issue)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. cincinnatigator

cincinnatigator GC Hall of Fame

Mar 5, 2017
    It takes some serious O&B glasses to look at some of these posts.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Yes, everybody should just chill.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. merinker

merinker All American

May 28, 2019
    The problem is...UCONN is not a good team.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. HallGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    The problem is we are not playing good whether it is a good or bad team. However, they looked better in the second half and didn't just fold the tent like they did against the Noles. That in and of itself is grounds for hope that they are getting it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. merinker

merinker All American

May 28, 2019
    Well the Gators have not actually played a good team yet..

14. HallGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    Too early in the season to determine how the teams we have played are going to turn out.

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. g8wayg8r

g8wayg8r Senior

Apr 8, 2007
    St Charles, MO
    They are doing better. Correcting mismatches from switches. Not getting suckered to jump on fakes. Correcting spacing on the fly when they are bunched up. Effort is there but not polished. Once the weak side help becomes reliable and the shots start to drop we will see better results. Keep in mind this years pre conference schedule is not a cake walk for a young team.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. HallGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    What the heck is the matter with you? Get that positive bullcrap out of here.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  17. 33hoop

33hoop GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Lexington, KY
    One thing for certain is that we are underperforming as a team right now. This team should be good, all the pieces needed to make a good team are there. We have an experienced skilled big man, we have several highly rated players, we have athletes that can run and have phenomenal vertical jumping ability. It takes a while for a team to gel when there are a lot of new pieces, I get that. But for our offense to look this anemic is beyond reason. White is controlling the tempo of this team. Nobody can convince me of anything different. I’ve changed my mind about him not knowing how to coach an uptempo style of basketball. White’s teams at Louisiana Tech didn’t struggle to score and we have seen glimpses of White letting the guys run and gun in the PK80 tournament. But ever since he slowed them down in the second half against Duke and we lost that game, he hasn’t let them play fast again. Doesn’t make sense to me but he seems hell bent on running half court offense and putting his focus on defense. Big10 basketball in other words. Someone needs to tell him this isn’t the Big10.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. diamondted13

diamondted13 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 1, 2008
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. gatorinmi

gatorinmi GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    You see this as a Sweet 16 team then? I'll be pleasantly surprised if that happens!

20. BillyBall89

BillyBall89 GC Legend

Nov 7, 2014
    Capital of Gator Nation
    The path for an 8 seed to advance is much harder than the path for a 3 or 4 seed. Fans are justified at looking at current losses through the lens of the tournament.

• Agree Agree x 1