Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

CM'S press conference observations

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gator34654, Nov 12, 2019.

1. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Yeah, I don’t get all the transfer talk. Sits for a year if he transfers. Not gonna be granted immediate play. Just not happening. Stays w the good guys and is 1 play away.
    As far as FF coming back he may but Dan has to go w Kyle. Kyle’s surprised only those that didn’t truly know what he could do. This isn’t a surprise to his receivers and team. He’s gotta be our starter next year.

2. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    I think he'd fit in well with a team like the Pats, both as WR and KR. No. 1 priority for NFL teams when it comes to punts: Make sure you get the ball back (no TO).

3. gator34654

gator34654 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 5, 2007
    I am becoming more convinced that EJ won't transfer but am pretty sure FF will. After what we are seeing with Trask, there is no way imo that FF is better. By the way is FF even on the Gators sideline? After his injury he was seen tossing balls to Trask, now there is zero mention of him. I do hope he heals completely and wish him the best. It has to be hard to see the second guy do so well, even though your glad it still has to hurt. Anyhow, I see EJ getting more reps next year with Trask in games. Dan will utilize him a lot more imo.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Nostradamus

Nostradamus GC Legend

Sep 18, 2015
    Franks was on the sideline of the Vandy game, tossing the ball w EJ quite a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  5. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    I think he will get a smidge more comfortable pulling it down and running when needed. Right now he’s rough. I also think he will be more comfortable looking for that 2nd and 3rd read. Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SuperMOM

SuperMOM All American

Jan 31, 2016
    Dean may be better served to move to safety.

7. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    I have been outspoken on other threads that I am not sure that he can even handle safety. In taking angles to tackle in the Georgia game, he looked like a true freshman in his first game, not understanding the speed of SEC play. This is too late in his development to look like that. Highly recruited DB are expected to contribute as freshman and be completely up to speed in their sophomore year or get passed over. I hope he can get it together.

8. antny

antny GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    Eh...I remember how much flack CGJ took 2 years ago then last year happened. If you are having trouble processing a new position it effects everything from there on out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    Good point, but his play was so bad, they moved over someone with no experience at Star plus a poor tackler to take over the position. He may just need some confidence and experience, but he has had a lot of injury free time this year to figure it out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    From my view the O is far more capable and has more sustained drives (the flow just seems better), I like FF but it feels like when he is under center most drives feel like they are on the edge of collapse. I don't feel that with KT under center...…

Is that just me?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. diehardgator15

diehardgator15 GC Legend

Oct 6, 2019
    No its not just you, Trask is just a better QB. Some pan out some don’t Wasn’t Jeff Driskel a .99 5-star out of high school? Although I believe his development was hurt alot here by poor QB coaching.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    Driskel tore it up at La Tech and is still on an NFL roster. Coaching.