Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Clearwater teammates Ethan White, Keyvone Lee locked in with Florida

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by Bazza, May 15, 2018.

1. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Great article!

Guard Ethan White visiting Florida Saturday
    Florida is expected to more than 20 recruits Saturday for the inaugural Gator Grill Out, including 2019 commit Ethan White.

The 6-foot-5, 315-pound lineman from Superior Collegiate Academy (Clearwater, Fla.) will be making his second visit in as many months after attended the Orange & Blue Game.

He committed to Florida on March 23 after visiting for spring practice and forming a fast connection with first-year coach Dan Mullen and offensive line coach John Hevesy, his primary recruiter.

“I just wanted to stay home,” White told SEC Country of his decision. “I told myself when the recruiting process started that I didn’t want to go real far. All of my family is in Florida. Then I met Coach Mullen and Coach Hevesy, and it just felt like the right move.

“I’ve actually shut down most of the other schools that were recruiting me. … Florida is the place for me. I felt like I didn’t have to look at any other schools because this is where I want to be.”

White is a 3-star tackle in the 247Sports composite, but ESPN has him ranked as a 4-star recruit and the nation’s No. 12 guard. He likes the coaching style of Hevesy and Mullen and the relationship they have with their players, new and old.

“Coach Mullen runs a very family-oriented program. All the old players that played for him, they all come back and help him,” White said of Mullen. “He is very energetic. He’s all over the field and he’s coaching up every position.

“Coach Hevesy, I like his coaching style [as well]. It’s very straightforward. There’s no sugarcoating. He’s going to tell you what you do right and what you do wrong.”

With his commitment made and the process over with, White has put on his recruting cap and wants to get others to join Florida’s 2019 class. One of his top targets is 4-star guard Keiondre Jones (Hogansville, Ga.), who was at the spring game with White.

“I’m trying to get him to come,” White said of Jones. “It’s Florida. That’s all you have to say really. Coach Hevesy is a good coach, and we need guards. I think Florida has a good chance with Keiondre. He says he likes Florida right now and he’s got a couple other schools that he’s interested in.”

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Where's the Jump man (jordan brand) thread? I've found our first kid that commited solely due to us switching brands!!

Keyvonne Lee
    “I’m locked in,” Lee said of Florida. “I like how they’re switching to Jordan. By the time I get here, they’re going to be Jordan everything.”

3. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    We should just get Jordan to do our recruiting for us.

• Funny Funny x 1