Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Classified documents found in Biden’s old office and garage, and other office, and residence

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ursidman, Jan 9, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    For those of you who clicked “funny”… who is laughing now? :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    This is getting crazy. Where is the security of our documents?

• Funny Funny x 5
  3. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Next will be a story in The Onion about the FBI searching Monticello and Mount Vernon for classified documents.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    In comparing the situations of Pence, Biden and Trump with respect to the mishandling of classified documents one commentator (I think he was a former intelligence officer) accurately described the differences through a quote from Sesame Street, "one of these things is not like the others".

Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
  6. Gatoragman

Gatoragman GC Hall of Fame

Jan 4, 2008
    How do you know these were highly secret docs? I don't believe I have seen anything on what the docs were other than media speculation. The same as Biden's docs, we have no way of knowing what these docs were except for speculation from the media, or possibly unnamed secret sources!! Reread your first line and I think that is more appropriate for your boy than Trump.

7. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    I remember Bundy in his last days said he had killed dozens more and would reveal the locations of the bodies if they gave him more time. I think at the time there was some wondering of what should be done. Someone polled parents of missing women and they all said kill him.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Trump Had More Than 300 Classified Documents at Mar-a-Lago

9. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    We know what Trump had, or at least the covers of the docs, because of the photos the FBI released.

[​IMG]

Notice #3, which is Secret/SCI, which is the highest level of classification possible. We also know Trump moved these documents around MAR based on the statements given to attain the warrant.

Now, why hasn't the FBI released a similar photo from Biden and Pence? Simple. They both cooperated. No FBI and no warrant were needed to search their respective residences. Therefore, no photo release post warrant serving. Biden, in fact, gave the DOJ permission to search every room in the house.

10. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    first, I don't have a boy. I'm not pulling for either tribe. Second, it was documented that there were top secret documents in DT's possession. Third, thre have been no requests other than int he last month fromt he archives for records from either JB or MP. Fourth, the archives and the DOJ had multiple requests for documents from DT which he ignored or gave only minimal attention while repeatedly lying about what he possessed.

Educate yourself if you want to know the reality or continue to yell go team with your head planted firmly in the sand. I'll even make it easy for you with an article that does a compare and contrast. We do not know the classification ratings on the JB or MP documents yet but it is well documented that there were multiple top secret documents in DT's possession at ML or elsewhere and many records are still missing.

You can consider yourself informed now and make a conscious decision to ignore the facts if you wish but the facts are that DT had multiple top secret documents that were requested that he refused to turn over even after he and his team said they ahd turned everything over.

Biden, Trump – and two very different classified document scandals | Joe Biden | The Guardian

Two presidents, two different classified document scandals
    How many documents were found?
    Trump More than 11,000, including about 300 marked classified or top secret, in almost 50 boxes also containing photographs.
    Biden Fewer than 12, sources say. Biden lawyers state “a small number” of documents at one location, six more at another.

Where?

Trump In a locked basement storage area and personal office at Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida.
    Biden In a locked closet at an office in the Penn Biden Center in Washington DC, and Biden's home in Delaware.
    How were they found?
    Trump The National Archives realized records were missing and asked Trump to return them. He didn't comply. So the FBI searched Mar-a-Lago to find them.
    Biden While clearing the Penn office, Biden's team found some documents, prompting them to search his home. They voluntarily notified the National Archives and justice department.

Biden classified docs vs. Trump classified docs: What's the difference? (nbcnews.com)

When the Archives informed Trump's people early last year that it was going to hand the documents over to the intelligence community for a review of any potential damage to national security, Trump's team objected and asked for a temporary delay. The Archives granted Trump's first request but denied his second, court papers show.

The FBI later obtained information that Trump had more government documents and issued a subpoena for their return. In June, Trump's lawyers turned over a packet that included 38 classified documents, including 17 marked top secret. Trump's lawyers showed the agents the storage room where the documents had been held but refused to allow them to look into boxes that were still inside, according to court filings. They also gave investigators a declaration that a "diligent search was conducted" and that "all responsive documents had been turned over," government court filings show.

The FBI then learned Trump had not fully complied with the subpoena and still had more classified documents. They obtained a search warrant for his Mar-a-Lago property in August and found over 100 documents marked confidential, secret and top secret in the storage room and in Trump's office.

11. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I think I posted once prior in the thread to the effect that there is every likelihood that the documents at issue will be technically "classified" but no big deal, and nothing most people would think should be classified.

By way of example, a lot of the so-called classified documents on Hillary's server were newspaper articles are referred to the US drone program run by the CIA. These newspaper articles are considered "classified" because we don't officially acknowledge the existence of that program, and acknowledging that US officials were in possession of such newspapers could be used to undercut that fiction, which no one actually believes. Also, in her case, there were profiles on foreign officials she was meeting with, which are only considered classified before the meeting. Classified documents, subject special handling, but not something that we think of in terms of a big deal threat to national security if disclosed.

We will have an important feel for whether the Biden documents are significant shortly. Senators from both parties are getting a classified briefing. They won't be able to say anything directly, but you'll learn a lot by checking their tone after the meeting. If non-crazy Republican senators, and I appreciate that those are fewer in number by the day, continue to make a big deal about this issue, you'll know that the documents were likely sensitive. Same thing if you see the Democratic senators trying to make process arguments about simply quickly informing the authorities.

None of the Senators yet have it feel for what the documents actually are, and whether they are documents that are arguably overclassified, no big deal if disclosed, and documents that are actually sensitive. How they respond after the briefing should tell us a lot

12. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2020
  13. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    #2 is Secret//SCI. #3 is Top Secret//SCI

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  14. buckeyegator

buckeyegator Premium Member

Oct 29, 2007
    gainesville, florida
    biden had a thought, wow, alert the press corp.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  15. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    He can even properly punctuate a sentence.

16. buckeyegator

buckeyegator Premium Member

Oct 29, 2007
    gainesville, florida
    just as long as the telestrator works

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Probably happens more frequently than with his predecessor.

18. Gatoragman

Gatoragman GC Hall of Fame

Jan 4, 2008
    I am the uneducated one???
    No, I just do not take the BS coming out from sources and assume the worst for Trump or for Biden. How many times have I said that I'm not exonerating Trump!!!! I just don't take what has been reported and connect the dots to say Trump is terrible and that Biden "just made an oversight." They were both wrong!!! And all we know about the docs of either is, Pictures of Trump's top-secret folders. Mr. Educated do you realize that the DOJ will not provide to Congress what docs either of them had? Mr. Educated do you realize the classified docs Biden had from when he was a Senator could have only been obtained by him stealing them from a SCIF? No senator is allowed to leave SCIF with classified docs.
    Don't accused me of being uninformed simply because I will not draw the most nefarious conclusion possible about Trump and at the same time draw the most innocuous conclusion about Biden. That is exactly what every left leaner on this board has done. If you don't toe that line, you are a MAGA extremist.

19. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Trump can claim all he kept were the folders, but the testimony that these folders contained documents from the agents who recovered them tell a different story. It's possible Trump could have replaced the actual classified information that these folders originally contained with something else, but you still have to ask the question why NARA was asking for these specific documents. If NARA had the docs but not the folders, why ask for a warrant?

As for Biden, you miss the fact that the docs taken from his days as a Senator could have been retrieved during his time as Vice President. Just because the docs date from his time as a Senator, does not mean Biden took them from his Senatorial days. He could have just as easily checked them out during his VPOTUS days.

The facts are Biden cooperated and just like VP Pence, there were a small number of documents that most likely were inadvertently packed in the wrong box during a move. Trump, on the other hand, didn't cooperate, and had a lot more materials than Pence and Biden combined.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.