Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

(SB) Chronister Graduates Cum Laude

Discussion in 'Diamond Gators' started by gatorjjh, Dec 15, 2019.

1. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Chronister Graduates Cum Laude
    Herb Brooks UAA
    The Gainesville native is set to start graduate school spring 2020 with the intent of pursuing a master's in Sport Management with a concentration in Sports Law
    GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Katie Chronister of the Florida softball team walked across the stage inside Exactech Arena at the Stephen C. O'Connell Center Saturday as she graduated cum laude with a degree in Health & Human Performance.

"I'm excited Katie is receiving a degree from the University of Florida, a top-10 public university, and to graduate cum laude in just three and half years is an amazing accomplishment." Head Coach Tim Walton said. "She strives to excel in everything that she does, both athletically and academically, and I can't wait to see what goals she is able to achieve both on the field and in the classroom as we head into the spring."

Chronister is preparing for the final season of her career as a pitcher for the Gators. The talented left-hander is a part of a senior class that has so far won back-to-back Southeastern Conference regular season titles (2017 & 2018), back-to-back SEC Tournament Championships (2018-2019) and three Women's College World Series appearances (2017, 2018 & 2019).

Chronister is also a three-time member of the SEC Academic Honor Roll and two-time Easton/NFCA All-America Scholar Athlete.
    Chronister Graduates Cum Laude - Florida Gators

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. swampgas44

swampgas44 Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    Just noticed that Danielle Romanello is no longer listed on the Gator roster.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. johnny_cakes

johnny_cakes All American

Apr 2, 2017
    KSP Stadium
    Good catch (pun intended). Softball America's access to the transfer portal has become subscription only. Anyone a member?

• Like Like x 1
  4. iowagator

iowagator VIP Member

Sounds like her master's is geared to be the agent for a world champion!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. manigordo

manigordo GC Hall of Fame

Congrats Katie. Looks like you had a good off-season! Here's to you being able to contribute this year!

6. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. GatorGirl15

GatorGirl15 All American

Oct 10, 2008
    I really thought she was going to come into the program and be a big time player.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. johnny_cakes

johnny_cakes All American

Apr 2, 2017
    KSP Stadium
    Very true, GatorGirl. It was kinda heartwarming to have her on the team since she bleeds orange and blue. I wonder what could have possibly made her want to leave. I don't understand recruiting, but is scholarship money year-to-year or is the player promised $x dollars for each of four years at the outset? Or maybe it was an academic thing. In any event, I wish her the best as she is a true Gator.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. swampgas44

swampgas44 Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    Perhaps the emergence of freshman Julia Cottrell at catcher plus Jordan Roberts starting there last year had something to do with her decision. Her play in right field was really not her strength.

• Agree Agree x 2