Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Christian views may have kept star off US women’s soccer

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by kf4syr, Jul 11, 2019.

1. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    This is completely not fair. If the media did not push this particular issue then it would never have been an issue. Just a difference of opinions on the team. Ask the media why they focus on this issue more..

2. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    A little confused. What issue is the media pushing?

3. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    Because it generates clicks. Threads like this. Etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. wgbgator

wgbgator Extremely Online Premium Member

How are they not? She would rather not play than put on a shirt with rainbow numbers on it. They respected her wishes. They even called her up after that refusal for the provisional roster for the next tournament. She didn't make the team. That was over a year ago. She hasn't played since, and she hasn't exactly lit up the league to where leaving her out is impossible. She wasn't the only person who didn't make the team, you can only pick 23. This is really the same as the Kap situation. Maybe she is good enough to play or even start, but she's definitely not good enough not to be left out, period.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  5. kf4syr

kf4syr Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland FL
    To be a follower of Christ you can not disregard his commandments and call yourself such. Read Mathew 7: 21-23

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  6. channingcrowderhungry

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    I take it you don't let your women talk in church, as the bible commands?

7. kf4syr

kf4syr Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland FL
    The New Covenant (New Testament) changed all of that, but homosexuallty it did not.

8. wgbgator

Are his commands to discriminate against gays by legislating against it in the government or denying them basic services and accomodations? Must have missed that part.

9. channingcrowderhungry

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    First Corinthians is New Testamenent.

Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.
    And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

• Winner Winner x 3
  10. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    Being a follower in christ means you believe in his final judgement. When you speak out you are showing your lack of faith he will follow through.

11. kf4syr

kf4syr Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland FL
    I speak only to the regards of His Kingdom, not here on earth.

12. wgbgator

Well, no need or command to oppose gay marriage or support earthly discrimination then.

13. homer

homer GC Legend

Nov 2, 2015
    This is a non story blown up.

Hook, line, and sinker

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. kf4syr

kf4syr Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland FL
    Yes, Paul wrote that at a time when women were to hear from their Husbands as priests of their homes. Yes, times have changed as many things in the Church and not always for the good. I understand your view is not the same as mine and I respect that.

15. danmann65

danmann65 GC Hall of Fame

May 22, 2015
    Apparantly you and I have different definitions of a good person. In mine I help my neighbors when I can and mind my own business when I cant.

16. kf4syr

kf4syr Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland FL
    As scripture says, you cannot enter the Kingdom as such. So only important if you want this to happen or if you believe this way.

17. kf4syr

kf4syr Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland FL
    I am glad you help your neighbors, the Greatest Commandment is this as well.

18. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 Premium Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Yes times have changed. But lots of Christians still hide behind bible verses to justify their condemnation of homosexuality when it’s really just a product of their hatred/intolerance.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. kf4syr

kf4syr Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland FL
    His final judgment is to be in The Lamb's Book of Life. I encourage you to read the Bible to see how you can be added to this list. Still respect your views otherwise

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. wgbgator

That's true of any unrepentant sinner. I don't see much effort to discriminate or legislate against the kind of sins non-gay people do. Probably because Christians do them all the time! Weird how its just gay stuff they are laser focused on.

• Winner Winner x 2