Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Christian views may have kept star off US women’s soccer

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by kf4syr, Jul 11, 2019.

1. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Yeah I follow he team closely, and almost no one was talking about her making the team.
    But you can’t prove a negative and victim hood has become central to the culture, so it had to be her faith.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    There is no obligation to be tolerant of the intolerant.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. wgbgator

wgbgator Extremely Online Premium Member

Its also an interesting demand to make of a sports team. It would be fun to see people argue on the football boards about how some guy who might be bad for team chemistry and had medium talent should be shown more respect, given a starting job and be given the ball more in the name of tolerance.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I wish UF would recruit more outspoken white racist kids to go along with our mostly black team. A lot of people justify racism by their faith, too, so it's pure discrimination on the part of the UF staff to not have a few young Klansmen and proud boys on the team.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. kf4syr

kf4syr Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland FL
    Read these scriptures and you might change your mind of Gods stance on this: 1 Corinthians 6: 9-11 and 1 Timothy 1: 9-10. Not to mention Sodom and Gamorrah.

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    So two conservative Christians with no apparent expertise in soccer think she's a really good player and the only reason she's not on the team was because of her Christian views.
    Only 23 women were on the team. I imagine there's a lot of really good players who aren't on it. It is, after all, the best team in the world.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  7. kf4syr

kf4syr Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland FL
    I don't know why your reply would be that. My victim hood? My post was about a person who's opinion was that this player was left off of this team because of her faith which did not align with same sex marriage. For some reason Christian faith is too polarizing now. I believe that the Muslim faith has the same stance on same sex marriage, so my question would be what if the same thing went down with a person of this faith, would there be the same scrutiny or would under today's political climate would they figured out a way to allow her on the team anyway. Just a thought to ponder.

8. channingcrowderhungry

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    Probably some solid ISIS recruits who want to kill everyone on the team for religious reasons. Gotta be tolerant of their views.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. kf4syr

kf4syr Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland FL
    apparent how?

10. danmann65

danmann65 GC Hall of Fame

May 22, 2015
    Their are many christian's who are not antigay. I typically take the tack that religion is a useless artifact of less knowledgeable, I was trying to say that bigoted world views aren't part of being religious. If you want to take an opposing view go ahead.

11. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    Huh? You want a definition of the word? They have no easily visible or obvious expertise in soccer.
    Maybe you can explain how they do.

• Like Like x 1
  12. channingcrowderhungry

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    If you're curious how this might play out look up Egyptian soccer superstar Mohamad Salah, who tried to stay apolitical as a Muslim.

13. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Then again, maybe she was not left off the team because of her beliefs. Maybe she is t good enough. Like Carly Lloyd wasn’t good enough to start. Article speculates “maybe” with no basis in fact.

14. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    More soccer love from Erick Erickson. Seriously, anyone really think we should listen to this guy's opinion about who should make the team and who shouldn't?

Women's Soccer Sucks. Yay USA. - The Resurgent

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. wgbgator

Yeah, I've seen players like Tobin Heath post religious stuff on social media before. I have no idea what her stance on anything is, but clearly you can be publicly Christian and be on the US soccer team.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. wgbgator

He's so good though he's converting fans to Islam. Here's one of their chants:

Creeping Sharia Law lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    There's been a lot of negative reaction from the right to the US women's team victory, and not just because of Rapinoe's comments. I guess it's expected these days.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Not sure how someone who in an interview says...

"But Hinkle herself doesn’t seem too rattled by the decision to be left off the U.S. roster. As she told “The 700 Club”: “If I never get another national team call-up again then that’s just a part of [God’s] plan, and that’s OK.""

would be a cancer. The cancer would be one who refuses to discuss why someone may have different convictions than they have and make it an issue. Maybe this quote does not represent the full story. But she seems to sure come off as a really great person.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    And others are being tolerant of her convictions of what the definition of marriage means?

20. wgbgator

Its sort of funny because I doubt they were even paying attention until those Rapinoe comments became news.

• Agree Agree x 1