Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Christian views may have kept star off US women’s soccer

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by kf4syr, Jul 11, 2019.

1. danmann65

danmann65 GC Hall of Fame

May 22, 2015
    I don't judge the God of the bible I read the bible and dismissed it as poppycock.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. gatorplank

gatorplank GC Legend

Apr 25, 2011
    It is a curious thing. You cannot know anything apart from God, so God must have wanted you to know his moral law so that even you as a non-believer will be measured against his moral law one day when you stand before him.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I don't judge the God of the Bible. I judge the men who wrote the Bible when some of what they wrote is, by any modern moral standard, depraved and despicable. They were not speaking for God.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. gatorplank

gatorplank GC Legend

Apr 25, 2011
    “The wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:23).

All sin gets the death penalty in the New Covenant. So, while homosexuality was a capital crime in theocratic Israel, it will still remain a capital crime on the day of judgment. The question is have you obtained the grace of God through Jesus to cover the countless number of capital crimes you’ve committed before a holy God?

I’ve committed many capital crimes before a holy God, but I’ve also received pardon from an advocate Jesus Christ the righteous.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    Yeah, right. The Creator of the Universe couldn't care less who is gay down here on Earth. Why would he or she?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Well you can think whatever you want, doesn't matter to me. I believe all human behavior is the result of millions of years of selection. The behaviors, both good and bad, that increased the chances of survival are what have been passed down to us. In certain situations good behaviors, like helping other people, helped our ancestors survive. In other situations bad behaviors, like lying, stealing, killing etc, also helped our ancestors survive. That's why humans have both good and bad in them.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 Premium Member

Oct 11, 2011
    You agree with what? That homosexuals have been persecuted historically? Good I would hope so. I’d have been seriously worried about you if you believed otherwise.

8. kf4syr

kf4syr Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland FL
    If I could I would want to see homosexual men healed of AIDS but at the same time I would beg them to give up there sinful lifestyle and I would like to think that a healing of a gay boy/person was what the Lord was doing it would be his heart to reach this lost person as well. I am sure he would have told this person to go and sin no more as he did the prostitute
    as He did at her street trial.

9. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    Why can't God send some small floods to drown them wherever they congregate? Or some fire and brimstone would do it.

10. ValdostaGatorFan

ValdostaGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    Or since he knew they were going to be gay before they were even born, why not just let them not be born? Why let them be born just to sentence them to enterinty of torture?

• Winner Winner x 2
  11. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    We did have a few Baptist ministers praise the Pulse shooting. So maybe they think that's God at work ...

12. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Legend

Aug 16, 2009
    Are you saying that pink jerseys in October for breast cancer awareness are displays of collective narcissism?

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. kf4syr

kf4syr Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland FL
    Why so hateful when I am really sincere

14. kf4syr

kf4syr Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland FL
    I see that Ray pulls no punches on who his mods are, and I admire him for letting all points of view come thru even from his mods. There are some lunatic ministers out there just like all believes but i assure you that main stream Christians do not feel that way.

15. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    Who's being hateful? Don't you hate the sin? It's a mantra of evangelicals (when they're not praising Donald Trump).

16. kf4syr

kf4syr Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland FL
    coco I wish you well

17. danmann65

danmann65 GC Hall of Fame

May 22, 2015

The cure for aids will come from the minds of men not some supernatural hocus pocus. There have been some cures lately and science has already turned it into a disease you live with and not die from.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    The post you quoted was entered into the thread to underscore the compassion Jesus had for people who were hurting or morally compromised. Tax collectors, prostitutes, and adulterous women coming readily to mind. He socialized with the former and did not condemn the latter.

8 1 but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives.

2 At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. 3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women.Now what do you say?” 6 They were using this question as a trap, But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger.7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." 8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

9 At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there.10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”

11 “No one, sir,” she said.

“Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”

"Then neither do I condemn you."

A far cry from the doubtful ministers of the Good News of the Christ who have advocated isolating / imprisoning or even killing homosexual people. Like this pastor / policeman in Knoxville, TN.

Knox County DA 'looking into' detective's church sermon calling for execution of LGBTQ people

Or North Carolina pastor Charles Worley who "figured out a way to get rid of all the 'lesbians and queers.'" Put them behind electrified fences. "Fly over and drop some food." In a few years they will die out. Why? "They can't reproduce."

Or the pastors / churches who have refused families of deceased gay members to have their funerals in the family's church.

Church cancels funeral after learning deceased man was gay

"Evans’ family attends New Hope and wanted his funeral to be held there, and the church immediately said yes.

"Evans’ mother said she was standing at her son’s casket when her phone rang. The pastor allegedly left a message saying it would be “blasphemous” for her son’s funeral to be held at his church.

"New Hope’s Pastor T.W. Jenkins told WFLA-TV that his church doesn’t support same-sex marriage.

“I try not to condemn anyone’s lifestyle but at the same time, I am a man of God and have to stand upon my principles,” Jenkins said."

Pastor T.W. Jenkins had "to stand upon his principles." And to do that he refused the family of the deceased the use of the church. A church where the Gospel of Christ reputedly is preached. WWJD?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    And to think I was raised as a Baptist. Somehow I turned out all right.