Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Chris Harry New Article

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by tampajack1, Jul 6, 2021.

1. tim

tim Premium Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Ocala, FL
    Wait!

You don’t like Coach White?? Since when??

I kid, I kid.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Well 33, I fought against ya for years on this but you have turned me to the dark side of the force! lol

I ain't gonna argue, rather just wait and see but I suspect CMW needs to break out of his .625 winning % funk (or whatever it is) if he wants to hang around much longer.

• Like Like x 2
  3. jeffphillips21

jeffphillips21 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 20, 2009
    Vancouver
  4. GatorPlanet

GatorPlanet GC Hall of Fame

Apr 15, 2007
    Maitland, FL
    On paper, it looks like a much better team on defense. On offense, I see scorers but just average shooting percentages among the new guys. I think we need Keyontae on the floor, and an intention to get CC a touch on every possession. And an emphasis on not turning the ball over.

5. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

It’s a matter of taking in the correct inventory of good foods . I mean look at me , that how I did it![​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. jeffphillips21

jeffphillips21 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 20, 2009
    Vancouver
    I agree all of those are important. Keyontae back would be a huge boost. If he's anything like he was last year, he'll be our #1 option on offense. I just like the way these new transfers sound - guys who've had some success near this level and are more mature, experienced players. Even if they're not stars, they're added production and our bench should be pretty deep

But then again I feel like I say that every year lol. Hope all these new guys produce and yes don't turn the ball over too much or take too many ill-advised shots. At least it sounds like they're here to win.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. GatorPlanet

GatorPlanet GC Hall of Fame

Apr 15, 2007
    Maitland, FL
    Agreed. CMW's teams have USUALLY been good on the defensive end. But last season it seemed like too many of our games were a battle of turnovers and contested shots by our guys versus a layup drill for their guys. If Noah and Tre weren't knocking 'em down, we were in big trouble. CC demonstrated a nice scoring touch and good footwork within ten feet, but you need scoring guards in today's game.
    I think teams will find scoring on us this season to be very difficult, if we can get all these new guys quickly on the same page of our system. But we will still need to put up points, take care of the ball, and make free throws.
    Regarding Keyontae, my view has gone from "he'll never play basketball again" to "hmm, 49% chance he'll be playing for the Gators this season." But I really have no idea what the reality is. We could probably count on one hand the number of people that know the reality right now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. g8wayg8r

g8wayg8r All American

Apr 8, 2007
    St Charles, MO
    There are no editors. Long gone are the days of manual print layout and editorial review of any nature. Best you get now is spell check.

Per the caption at the top, Fleming scored 1,500 pounds. I guess it was cannabis.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. OldAtlG8tor

OldAtlG8tor Sophomore

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    If possibly getting an NIT invite is a success then this will be successful! I hope Coach White actually has 5 players available by tournament time

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Hi Jeff -

The stat sheets on the new guys are good to impressive. Measurable's seem decent.

I have become a bit critical about CMW's teams preparation and play early in the season. SLOW start and early games have been downright UGLY to watch.

FSU has us in a scheduling "LOOP" trap as well with that early season game, we have been NO MATCH for them.

I really don't see how this scenario changes this year given an almost complete roster flip. Can ANYONE replace Trey whom at least was the one guy that could make plays and finish late??? Trey could create and score, do we have that guy on the roster this year?? Especially if it does not work out for KJ??

As I posted before it could be lightning in a bottle or it could be .500 ball.

Well hope CMW can add another body given our Russian has headed back east.

Real head scratcher for sure, too many changes, too many unknowns.

Gonna be a LONG off-season.

• Like Like x 1