Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Check Out The New "Swamp Cook Shack"

Discussion in 'GatorTail Pub' started by WhattaGator, Feb 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhattaGator

WhattaGator Psycho Mod and Cook Shack Chef Moderator VIP Member

Greetings, Gators!

You'll notice a new "sub-forum" in the Pub, called the Swamp Cook Shack.

It has all of the great recipes that were previously here, but opens up a whole new place for you to post ANYTHING food!

The good "baked potato" thread that was here a while ago had to be merged previously... no more.
    Now, there will soon be an "Ask The Chef" thread, one with sanitation tips, etc..

There's already a new thread just about cooking methods and techniques.

Check it out, smell the aroma, and post away! (just make us hungry)

• Like Like x 3
  2. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Just heard from a buddy, he makes "beer can burgers"

You're supposed to use a beer/soda can to make the bowl (hence the "Beer Can Bacon Wrapped Burger") but I just wing it myself

I use the 80%/20% beef. I've tried it with the leaner types (90%/10% and 93%/7% fat) but the 80/20 is the best because of the fat burning off

I roll the beef into a giant meatball using anywhere from approximately 1/2 lb to 3/4 lb of beef
    Then use my fingers/thumbs to make a bowl area in the middle
    Fill the bowl with whatever you would like (peppers, jalapeno's, other meat(s), etc) along with chunks of cheese and any spices (salt/pepper, etc) you would like
    Wrap the outside of the burger with raw bacon strips (I usually use 2 or 3 strips per burger depending on size of the strips)
    Cook them off heat (not directly over the coals/heat) turning them every 5-8 min (I usually do a quarter turn each time)
    To fully cook takes usually 25-35 min depending on how "well done" you'd like them and temp of the grill
    The bacon turns out crispy when done right

3. WhattaGator

WhattaGator Psycho Mod and Cook Shack Chef Moderator VIP Member

Dude... sounds great, but PLEASE put it in the "Cook Shack" probably under the favorite recipes thread

• Like Like x 1
  4. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Sorry about that. I put it in the recipes thread. My brother in on his way down from the Minneapple and he can probably work magic with it. :)

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.