Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Chauncey Bowen Commits to UGA

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by wingtee, Jun 10, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    lebron was also teammates with 12 hall of famers and Jordan only had 4. Lebron had 3x the amount of hall of fame teammates and still.managed to lose more finals then he won.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2023
  2. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    The fact that you think that proves anything is hilarious. 4 of those players contributed nothing because they were super old. Now, again, do that to how many HoF players that Jordan played against vs Lebron played against. Lebron has played against nearly triple the amount of HoFers than Jordan did. Because again, THERE IS A MASSIVE SKILL DIFFERENCE

3. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    Oh and donyou know why lebron wore #23 in both middle school, high-school and the pros? In honor of Michael Jordan. Even he doesn't support your arguement

4. hawaiigator

hawaiigator GC Legend

Sep 9, 2018

6’8” 250lbs that will make soccer players say “what a flop”

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. stabnburn23

stabnburn23 GC Legend

Mar 29, 2022
    I don't care even a little about this argument, but it's pretty dumb to lean into the "Lebron played more HoFers" argument and point out the massive skill difference immediately after saying the HoFers Lebron played WITH don't count. If there's such a MASSIVE SKILL DIFFERENCE between now and then, that difference would also apply to Lebron's teammates.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    It took lebron 10 tries to win 4 championships
    It took Jordan 6 tries to win 6 championships.

If lebron was a Gators coach you would have fired him after his 1st 2 tries. o_O:eek:

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2014
    Meh. Basketball is stupid.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  8. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
  9. flnative75

flnative75 All American

Oct 17, 2011
    Tampa
    I came here to read bowens updates and all I saw was This stupid lebron MJ debate ..wrong barber shop!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    Bowen update. Kid committed to our rival on a visit. Tomorrow's update, kid is still committed to Georgia. Stay tuned to keep updated on a kid whose committed to our rival. Fascinating stuff

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. lizardbreath

lizardbreath GC Hall of Fame

Aug 30, 2017
    Pace, FL
    Lebron who? And this Jordan guy needs to come up with some NIL dough before I even bother to ask who that is.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. flnative75

flnative75 All American

Oct 17, 2011
    Tampa
    I enjoyed that read much better then the tired MJ argument

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    Name one player in the NBA that doesn’t do that though. I agree it’s horrible but the nba LITERALLY promotes it. It’s an added dimension of NBA basketball now, whether you or I like it or not. Casual take my friend, casual take.

James harden wins multiple MVPS off of flopping and getting to the line. Joel Embiid won MVPS this year, huge flopper. (Al Horford shut him down in the playoffs and sent him home btw ;)). Marcus Smart wins DPOY as a guard 2 years ago- biggest flopper in the game. It’s an NBA problem for sure. There are just as many highlights as Lebron flopping as there are him getting smacked in the face on a drive and not getting a call. I have said it before in this thread the NBA is the worst officiated sport, it is pathetic. At a certain point, as a player, you realize there is a strategy to it and you utilize it.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2023
  14. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    I agree and my point the entire time has been that exact concept should be applied to LeBrons opponents. Which MJ stand refuse to do. I’ve said many many times that MJ didn’t play near the competition Lebron is, MJ played in a league that was watered down, smushed in between two legendary eras. The bird/magic era, and the Kobe, Duncan, Lebron, Shaq, etc, era. This has been my point literally the entire time.

15. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    Another hilarious thing about this picture is that MJ played with 4 HoFers through out the portion of his career he started winning. The same team, with the greatest coach of all time, all in their physical prime. Lebrons HoF teammate lists is comprised of those players over 4 different teams. Usually 2 HoF teammates at a time, three at most. Old Shaq is on that picture, old Dwight Howard, old Ray Allen. Still, Ray Allen had a huge impact so that’s fair. By 2014, wades knees were ending his career. And obviously, lacking the greatest coach of all time part. How in the world do you think this picture makes MJ look superior? Context my friend. Context.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2023
  16. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    Mods can delete it if they feel it necessary. It’s no biggie. People keep talking to me about it - I’m going to keep responding. I enjoy it. Hope that’s ok with you

17. zman-1

zman-1 GC Legend

Mar 5, 2017
    West of the equator
    All in favor of deleting this thread or moving it to Nothing but Net say "meh!"

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. lizardbreath

lizardbreath GC Hall of Fame

Aug 30, 2017
    Pace, FL
    Meh!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    You use the "old age " excuse but Of the 4 on jordans list is Toni kukoch (lol) and 100 year old Robert Parrish. And he got Rodman on the back-ish end of his career, when he was messing around with Madonna and Carmen Electra while wearing a wedding dress. So your argument is just silly. Lol. Pippen is the only legitimate HOFer on that list that he got during his prime.

And you haven't even responded to the fact that Lebron has been wearing the #23 since he was 10 years old because of his idol, the guy he said is the greatest of all time and meeting him for the 1st time was one of the greatest moments of his life. He still wears #23 till thisnday after a short stint wearing #6.

And how is it a knock on Jordan that he was able to win all 6 championships with a team he was drafted to that was abysmal before he got there? They were 26-54 the year before he was drafted. He stuck it out for 5 years before Phil Jackson became the head coach. Yet he stayed the course and turned the bulls into one of the greatest dynasty we've seen over that span. When things start going south and Lebron sees the writing on the wall with regards to his team not being any good he bolts to another team. Why? Why not sticking out and make them better like jordan, Bird or Magic ?

You also haven't explained how the "greatest player ever" allowed himself to win a total of 2 games combined in 4 different NBA finals. (He was swept twice and and lost in 5 games twice so that's a record of 2-16 in 4 finals trips. 2-16 wow! Again if he were a gator coach or QB you'd been called him shit and called for his firing or benching with a record like that.

You conveniently avoid the questions I've asked and keep saying everyone is more skilled now. So is he or is he not that much better then everybody?

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    I bowed out. He fails to address any points of debate on this. Just continues to post double standard arguments and falsities. It's like politics at this point. No interest in discussion just winning an argument.

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.