Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Chauncey Bowen Commits to UGA

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by wingtee, Jun 10, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    I'm not trying to be arrogant but you lose credibility when you write Jordan had the better franchise out of college. I understand your point regarding reinsdorf and Krause being committed but the bulls were a travesty of an organization and were even being outdrawn in attendance by Chicago's indoor soccer team.

If Portland didn't take Drexler the year before they probably take Jordan and then how great does Krause and company look?

You say earlier that you have Jordan 1 and LeBron 2 and then argue that you just don't agree with the LeBron slander. I'm sort of with you on that except I think LeBron hurt his own legacy on the court by flopping , whining and then shopping teams while proclaiming his own all time greatness. He's a better person than Jordan off the court but Jordan was better on it.

Back to the point, you claim Jordan is one and LeBron two then go on to perform mental gymnastics to denigrate Jordan.....

Last edited: Jun 14, 2023
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. devincdoss

devincdoss Senior

Aug 9, 2017
    Chapel Hill, NC
    And sparked the greatest Jordan-Lebron debate of all time

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  3. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    You said yourself that Jordan and the bulls were not good till they "promoted" phil jackson which was 5 years later in '89 when he became the head coach, he wasnt hired to be the head coach as you stated as he was an assistant coach for chicago and pippen was a rookie when he showed up in '87 3 years after Jordan. The bulls were 28-54 the year before they drafted Jordan so they sucked.

And Jordan played college ball so you can't use the 22 yr old thing as an argument because Jordan won a college championship at that age. Lebron didn't win shit till he went and teamed up with 2 all stars/hall of famers in Miami when he was 26 when he won hisn1st title. Jordan was 28 when he won his 1st title with the same team that drafted him and he still won more titles in a shorter time.

You are trying too hard to win this debate. Lol

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    What are you even saying? What I posted is in the history books what you are saying was in interviews from players lol they are not the same. And you mean to tell me that there were not a list as long as train smoke of players that wished they could play with Jordan? Come on man, thats just funny. The NBA wasn't the same with free agency back then. In fact the 1st ever unrestricted free agent didn't come until 1988 so players couldn't move around as much back then.

5. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    tell.me this why did Lebron leave Cleveland after taking them to the finals? Because he couldn't win and he couldn't get anyone to go to Cleveland so he left himself to join a top 5 player in Wade who already had a championship and brought in another top 5 big man in Bosh to join him, both of which were all stars and future hall of famers. So lebron did what KD did and couldn't win where he was at so left to win it with other all stars. Meanwhile Jordan stuck it out in Chicago, took his lumps and later took them to two different 3 peats winning 6 NBA title (in 6 appearances btw) 6 finals MVPs and 6 NBA MVPs. Just saying. Oh and how many finals has lebron lost? Jordan never lost an NBA finals series. He had that killer instinct.

And for the record I in no way think Lebron is a bum, he is a GREAT player and 1st ballot hall of famer with out a doubt, but you are arguing that he is better than Jordan and I just can't Cosign with that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

You’re joking right?

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Pippin wouldn’t have won squat on any other team

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    I thought that was obvious.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. sandspur2

sandspur2 Freshman

Apr 3, 2007
    High Springs Fl
    would somebody get the NBA discussion of the football recruiting.

10. mchess1

mchess1 Sophomore

Jan 19, 2022
    Palm Beach, Florida
    Wait - is Chauncey Bowens a teammate of Jordon or Lebron?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    Kid is gone. What else do people want to talk about regarding bowen? We gonna stop the NBA talk and get back to bashing recruiting? I hate when threads go off the rails early on or when it's a chronic thread about one subject like overall recruiting but when there isn't much else to talk about then who cares?

Quick, let's get back to dwelling on a kid that decommitted after one official visit so we can satisfy a couple of non contributors to the forum...

• Winner Winner x 3
  12. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    Ok so you admitting that FA was much different back then…..then you can’t hold Lebron for leaving his poverty franchise then? Everything I said is in the history books too, Cleveland was horrible to Lebron until he left.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. hawaiigator

hawaiigator GC Legend

Sep 9, 2018
    Conveniently didn’t respond to anything thing else you were called out for though….love those kinds of people. “Maybe they won’t notice.”

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    Name 1 player that was on Lebrons team in 2006 without looking it up. Are you seriously going to act like 22 year old MJ and plumbers would have beat the spurs big 3 in their prime? Nobody thinks that. Lebron had no business being in that spot, he had already exceeded realistic expectations of that team. Cleveland gave Lebron nothing. Lebron left in his 7th? Year I think. What was Mjs team by the time he had been in the league 7 years? It was the legendary team we all know coached by the greatest coach to ever do it.
    “Lebron did what KD did” LOL GIVE ME A BREAK. Did Lebron join the greatest team of all time (73-9, with the unanimous MVP) to help beat the best player in the league after said player just beat that same greatest team ever in historic fashion while leading both teams in points/rebounds/assists/blocks/steals per game? No…he joined the 43-39 heat that snuck into the playoffs. I know that’s a huge run on sentence but context matters. Give me a break dude. Garbage comparison and you know it. Jordan has a killer instinct indeed, yet Lebron has more clutch playoff shots/higher clutch percentage. Its not a one man game anymore. They would let MJ shoot his mid range all game in the modern nba because they’re going to hit 3s at a higher clip. It’s such a different game in many many many different ways which is why I keep saying over and over you cannot compare the two directly without sooooooo much additional context.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    Lol. Yeah man you got me. I’m totally not writing wayyyyyy too long responses over and over just to be ignored by MJ bias. That street goes both ways, dweeb

16. hawaiigator

hawaiigator GC Legend

Sep 9, 2018
    K

• Like Like x 1
  17. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    Yeah pippen was trash alright. The best #2 option to ever exist lol.

was he not good enough to win or did Phil Jackson bring the best out of him? Why is Phil Jackson’s greatness proven with pippen but not MJ? You think MJ would’ve won without Phil? Because there is plenty of evidence showing the contrary tbh

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    And for a second I took you seriously.

Maybe I won’t notice

19. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    How many finals appearances did lebron lose? And here's a hint they weren't just with Cleveland in his first stint. Jordan NEVER lost in the finals. He has lost more times then he won. He is 4-6 in NBA finals getting swept twice and almost swept 2 more times losing in 5 games. In fact in his 6 losing finals series he's never even been able to take his team to a game 7. Son here is a comparison for you and then I'm done with this debate

Jordan 6-0 in nba finals 6 titles
    Lebron 4-6 in nba finals 4 titles (losing record)

Jordan has won as many as lebron lost.
    And he did it in less post seasons and less over all seasons in the league.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    Lebron also played close to triple the amount of HoFs in his 10 finals as well. Idk how many different ways to say the league is completely different and much, much, much more skilled now

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.