Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Chauncey Bowen Commits to UGA

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by wingtee, Jun 10, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    He pretends to have Contact and cries

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    @kigator , if u can’t worry about it what the hell are u gonna do about it ??? Doubt I ll get a response!

3. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    Take that Boomer and stick it where the Sun don’t shine GenPunk

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Not another whiny bulls fan!
    That Pistons team was as balanced and complete as you can get. No superstars or franchise players. Just team.

3 starting guards — Isiah Thomas, Vinny Johnson, Joe Dumars

3 starting forwards — Dennis Rodman (tattoo-les by the way), John Salley, Mark Aguirre

2 starting centers — Bill Laimbeer, James Edwards

Just rotate them in all night, play ferocious defense and wear the other team down.

Chuck Daly — Rodman’s father figure (RIP)

Solid great team. The Detroit Bad Boys. The country hated them and they thrived off it. When they got old and their run was done, the bulls started their run.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    They were good for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  6. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    I’m a Warriors RUN TMC fan, who doubted Jordan before he learned to play team basketball. It was over for the league after that.

• Like Like x 1
  7. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    And yet the flopper would have NEVER won with those Bulls teams. They needed MJ's killer instinct, something Bron never had & never will.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    It can be both. As a bulls fan I can say those Detroit teams might have been the deepest teams ever. They had an incredible 2 deep and were just a balanced juggernaut. That doesn't mean they weren't dirty too. They bragged about it in their documentary (which was great btw) and admitted they had to beat Jordan down to beat him and the bulls. The pistons got old but the bulls evolved. I'd love to have been able to see the championship bulls teams play the peak piston teams. But the bulls dominated for 6 titles over 8 years with Jordan missing one and rusty during his return for the other non title year. I don't think the bulls beating the pistons was one thing or the other. They got older but the bulls got better. Same with Detroit finally beating Boston and LA....

The pistons beat LA without magic and bird got old quick in the late 80s. I still wouldn't denigrate their accomplishments because the pistons simply got better with time too.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

No argument. But to be fair, in the 1988 Finals, the Lakers beat the Pistons in 7 and Detroit was missing Isiah Thomas most of the game. The following year, the Pistons swept the Lakers in 4, and repeated in 1990 by beating Portland in 5

Also I didn’t do Rick Mahon justice when I listed the forwards — after sweeping the Lakers in 1989 the party had just started warming up when expansion Minnesota claimed Rick Mahon from Detroit. A huge blow. Pistons won again in 1990 with Aguirre replacing Mahorn at power forward.

Interesting note: in the playoffs the Pistons self-imposed a ban on drinking and the ‘enforcers’ were Bill Laimbeer and Rick Mahorn.

Legit team for sure. Disciplined — and deep

Last edited: Jun 14, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  10. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    And still won less mvps and rings

11. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    Spot on. This discussion is jogging a lot of memories from a fun time in the NBA even if I hated the Pistons then. Their lineups were just relentless.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  13. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

To say the quality of the NBA has deteriorated in the past 20 years would be a massive understatement

• Like Like x 1
  14. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    Swampville
    Im not sure it has deteriorated as much as changed. Teams turned to shooting and spacing instead of back em down and go inside out. I do miss the days of Shaq just pummeling everyone inside but there is an amazing art to seeing guys pull up from near mid court and hitting shots with accuracy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    I agree to a point. They are definitely more skilled and have benefitted from the more organized training of athletes starting from before highschool but the nuance of the game isn't what it used to be. I'm not a fan of 3chuckball we have today. There was a great article about how not everyone is golden state but everyone tries to be and it's ruined the game.

Free agency and the quest for the big3 isn't as enjoyable and the no contact flopping has also made me watch less and less over the last several years. Selling fouls on contact was always part of the game but not when there was literally no contact.

The athleticism is off the charts today but as a 40 something year old I prefer the 80s and 90s game.

• Like Like x 1
  16. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    Bowen’s flip almost guarantees a reversal in the current football power dynamic between UF and UGA. Historians will look back on this event as the day everything changed.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    And those teams never would’ve won or did win without pippen & Jackson either….weird thing to say. Lebron needs a killer instinct guy next to him too, because one player can’t do literally everything. He’s a pass first player that still has the most points scored ever. Because he’s a PG and always has been. Just happens to be 6’8 250.

what is your comment trying to prove?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    Played much, much higher quality competition as well, didn’t he? Got drafted to a much, much better franchise didnt he?

Did MJ ever have the team he just beat in the finals beg for a top 5 player to join their team so they could finally beat Lebron? Because Draymond green openly admitted to crying in the parking lot on the phone with KD, begging him to come help them.

Attached Files:

19. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    Who got drafted to a better team and franchise?

20. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    The guy who their FO hired Phil Jackson, drafted Scottie pippen, committed to winning, went and got Rodman etc etc.

Not the guy who was given plumbers and took them to the finals at age 22. Who truthfully wasted those years in Cleveland his first stint there

• Like Like x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.