Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Chauncey Bowen Commits to UGA

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by wingtee, Jun 10, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    I
    If you want to count rings it's always gonna be bill Russell with 11 rings. But if you want to count efficiency during arguably the best era of basketball during g the "DreamTeam" era its got to be Jordan. 6 championships , 6 MVPs and 6 Finals MVPs. He was the Bulls. Though I will agree that Phill Jackson and his triangle offense probably the key component Jordan needed to reach his ultimate potential. But just speaking on players its Jordan and Russell however you want to list them.

• Like Like x 1
  2. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    You’re talking about the greatest team at the time right? The bulls? Yeah….then they got old and the bulls finally broke through

• Like Like x 1
  3. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    I agree but everybody points at rings as the determining factor, but you’re right, that completely overlooks Bill Russell. And man…..dream team era….all the true super stars were aging out. Once bird/magic left that era of basketball dropped HEAVILY talentwise. And that’s when Jordan won. Prime bird beat Jordan many times.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    Hr
    Greatest team ever? Mayne in the pure since of teamwork and chemistry bit not star power, lebron went to Miami to form the BIG 3 of all star and Olympic team.members Bosh, Wade, and Lebron, then brought in a surrounding cast of role players mostly 3 point aces like Mike Miller, Ray Allen and such.
    But Jordan? He had Horace grant who yes was a solid player, but not a bosh, he got Kerr before anyone knew who kerr was but Kerr was no wade or even Ray Allen, luc Longley, Toni kucoch, BJ Armstrong, Paxton, Ron harper on the back end of his career, Rodman to was near the back end of his career though he could definitely rebound but the truth is he was not surrounded by hall of fame Olympic Allstars in order to win his first title nor the next couple after that.

Jordan built the winning culture at Chicago that eventually drew a little more talent there during the 2nd 3 peat, but at Miami, Wade had already won a title in Miami, Riley and his team already had established a winning culture there hence why he left the home town team to go to southbeach

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    The whole league travels. NBA is the worst officiated sport by far. Cannot stand it. Rules are catered to offense, the least exciting part of the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    I’ve gone back and done extensive research on all the greats. Bird is my favorite player. We would be sitting here arguing bird over Jordan if he never had back issues and had a longer career

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  7. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    Hakeem, O'Neal, Drexler, Malone, thomas, Miller and others? They all played through out jordans prime they are also all hall of famers.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    Dude bosh isn’t even a hall of Famer lol. You cannot be arguing that Bosh is better than pippen or even Rodman. Wade is legit, but not a single player can do it alone anymore. I would argue they never could but people overlook key role players every day. Ray Allen and Mike MF Miller were moreImportant than Bosh. And both were at the end of their careers

edit I’m wrong- Bosh is a hall of famer. Which is crazy to me

9. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    Yeah Hakeem. That’s it. Steph curry is light years ahead of reggie Miller. That’s Lebrons competition. KD is better than drexler. And they were all getting old which is my main point. Jordan’s winning years were in between historical eras

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    Yeah the 6’8 250 pounder wouldn’t have thrived in the more physical era.

Swing and a miss. All the players and commentators disagree with you also

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  11. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    Dude chris bosh was inducted in 2021 and is the best player Toronto has ever had aside from Vince Carter.

Miami Heat's Chris Bosh gives Hall of Fame induction speech - Miami Herald https://amp.miamiherald.com/sports/nba/miami-heat/article254163123.html

12. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    Saw that seconds before I got this notification lol. That’s wild to me. Dude took his team no where before Miami. Amare stoudamire like.

point still stands that he isn’t on Rodman, pippens level. Valuable role player, definitely. He couldn’t really do what they needed though, they needed rebounding and a rim protector. Not at all bosh

edit- Kawhi is better than both of those players if we are just talking about skill. Love vince though, and raptor legend Tmac ofc

Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
  13. devincdoss

devincdoss Senior

Aug 9, 2017
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Usually I'm excited when I see 3 pages of unread messages in these forums, not today lol

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. scooterp

scooterp GC Hall of Fame

Feb 15, 2012
    @username …take the L, and move on. Get this thread back on topic.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Nope, the Lakers got the best of Bird but he did get his. What he didn’t do is join the Lakers when he lost . Bird is one of those guys with a different mentality much like our Timmy. He does not run, he plants his heels win or lose.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    No L’s taken amigo. The only L is acting like Lebron isn’t in MJs range. Lebron is quite literally, as we speak, the 2nd best player of all time.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    That comparison would work if Lebron joined Boston as he couldn’t get through Boston. But he didn’t did he? He joined the 8 seed heat with an extremely young coach and his boy d wade.

KD on the other hand….weakest move ever

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Lebro joins anybody that’s to his advantage.you’re kidding about Miami? Bosh and Allen to join Wade? Soft as f.

19. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    He joined a team that barely made the playoffs though. Wades knees were done by the time he left, only 4 years later. It was also Lebrons team the entire time he was there. He was the obvious leader. Same with Cleveland. Same with lakers. There isn’t a single champion since when? The rip Hamilton pistons? That doesn’t have multiple Allstar/seasonal award winners/or MVPs. It’s a testament to how talented and skilled the league is. More skilled than ever. Also my least favorite era due to rule changes and officiating, but these dudes are definitely more skilled

20. scooterp

scooterp GC Hall of Fame

Feb 15, 2012
    Ok …I agree with that. I thought you were making an argument that LBJ > MJ. Which I just don’t have time for. My 10….

1-Jordan
    2-LBJ
    3-Russell
    4-Wilt
    5-Kareem
    6-Bird
    7-Magic
    8-Kobe
    9-Oscar
    10-Duncan

The next 5 in some kind of order …Hakeem, Baylor, West, Steph, Shaq.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.