Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Chauncey Bowen Commits to UGA

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by wingtee, Jun 10, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Yeah, UGA is on top again after 40 years.
    It sucks.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Yes it does. The trio of Muschamp, Mac, and Mullen spanning 10 years was devastating to our program. It’s not an excuse, it’s reality. We have to face it and support the staff now trying to turn this program around.

Recruiting has already improved significantly — not Georgia level yet but only an idiot would expect that at this early stage in our recovery. All we gotta do is finish above .500 and win a big game or two this season and the hand we play in recruiting will be stronger. And we build on that. It’s a rebuild.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. MaceoP

MaceoP GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chauncey going to the bad guys could be a big loss... But i can't remember any NFL players who went to Benjamin. Maybe an offensive linemen years ago, but Benjamin is a small school.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2023
  4. chargator

chargator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Well, if he was that easy to flip, then his “ commitment “ wasn’t anything to get excited about.

As a RB, I do understand the allure of UGA. Their offense is really built around the RB & TE positions. They’ve recently had a good to great OL. That’s and the $$$ turned/ flipped him while we were sitting here thinking he was a Gator.

Talented or not, I don’t cry in my beer about these type of kids. Dalvin Cook was my last one.

I don’t trust anything until they’re moving into the dorms. Too much money, too many decision makers & too much hype in recruiting.

I’m weary of all of this internet/ social media drama of , “ I’m down to my top 5-10 schools “.

It’s just what it is now, money and attention seeking teenagers, parent(s) & handlers.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  5. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    Some decent speed and size. His strength doesn't look to be elusiveness, but probably has good patience and vision.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Still developing. Really like this kid.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    They just started recruiting the best players. Give it some time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    One visit to UGA and a quick flip. Not a loyal kid. No character. We are better off without followers. We need leaders to bring us back to the top. People that want to work and build something great. Don’t need kids that hop on bandwagon.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    Kair Elam ring a bell?

10. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Nailed it

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Nothing wrong with grabbing the bag and jumping on the wagon of front runners but guys that pave their own way are a different breed. Like the difference between Jordan and Lebum. Bird didn’t join the lakers when he got beat. Show some balls.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. MaceoP

MaceoP GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I forgot about him. Both my children went to the Benjamin School in the 90's for a few years.. I believe currently they have less than 200 in their high school . I would say as a RB, you need to take his high school stats with a grain of salt, considering the level of competition. As i stated his flipping could be a big loss, or maybe not.
    People always post about taking 3 stars from the south florida (miami) high schools as being grossly underrated due to the level of competition. This could be the opposite of that..

13. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    I agree with you

14. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    Imagine if Jordan was only given old shaq as help. That comparison is trash, it hurts to read such a low effort comparison such as that. The cavs continuously gave Lebron nothing to work with. Best career move Lebron ever made was having the balls to leave Cleveland. Then he arguably played the best he ever played when he went back.
    Horrible comparison when you compare somebody who was given players like Rodman, pippen, Kerr, grant etc and the best coach ever in Phil Jackson……to old shaq and Mike brown. Just plain low effort

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. scooterp

scooterp GC Hall of Fame

Feb 15, 2012
    And why is Phil Jackson considered the best coach ever? Could it be he had the greatest player ever? Phil was a nobody assistant coach before, Kerr was a nobody depth piece, Rodman was a head case who’s career was on life support… and nobody knew Pippen would become what he became but I’m sure MJ played a big part in that.

It really wasn’t a low effort take.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    LeBron is a Puss

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. gatorpower

gatorpower GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Talent is not an issue at Florida. It's not. It's objectively not an issue at Florida.

Florida ranked 7th in NFL talent last year.

However, you do your recruiting rankings, Florida adds an average of 3.3 players into NFL squads (after the final cut) each season for the past decade. (Meaning 10 players on every squad since 2014 have been NFL-caliber)

We rank 4th (tied) in all college teams with 1st-round talent. We are the only team in the top-5 on that list without a national title. We are the only team in the top-10 without a conference title.

In fact, we also have the 4th most top-5 picks in the NFL draft this decade, behind Ohio State, Alabama and LSU. Tied with Clemson and ahead of Georgia.

We had 6 players drafted last year, which was one of the highest counts in the country. One of three teams with 2 linebackers drafted, despite being one of the worst defenses in the country. And remember 2020? Statistically the worst defense in the history of Florida football, particularly against the pass? Two players in that secondary have over 30 starts in the NFL.

Even middling talent does not lose to Vandy or Kentucky, much less than we had. There is something else going on at Florida. It's the coaching, or the culture or something, but it's not talent. I have heard it spun so many different ways, but at the end of the day, these guys are earning millions 3 years after they're ranked on these sites.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    LeBron is a whiny ass baby and fake foul double dribble puss. He could not carry Jordans jockstrap two feet. He runs to a new team at the first sign of adversity, and he still can’t win that often while trying to build superteams.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    Mmhmm. And Jordan is a gambling addict that most likely got his father killed. But, he was 6-0 in the finals with the greatest team ever around him so ya know

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    He’s the greatest ever because he has 13 rings, 11 as a coach, with essentially three different teams lol. What did Jordan win before Phil Jackson again? Remind me.

Rodman was a champion before Jordan lol. Also on the team that Jordan couldn’t get through. Jordan played in a weak era as well, once the pistons/lakers/Celtics aged out, Jordan finally started winning.

And yeah, it really was. Chicagos FO had a ton of faults but they went out and got Jordan the players he needed. Pippen was elite. Rodman was elite. Kerr was one of best role players ever. And again, Phil Jackson.

you’re comparing that to Lebron being given Jodie Meeks and Old Shaq and Mike Brown. And because Lebron didn’t want to continue to waste his career playing with those guys, he went to a different team. And that’s a bad thing? Absolute horrible take

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.