Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Chauncey Bowen Commits to UGA

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by wingtee, Jun 10, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    There is no update, if there is something of substance I'm sure there will be a new thread or a title change along with a ethora of news headlines but according to Bowens that ship has sailed. You should check a thread about a uncommitted recruit who hasn't JUST flipped his commitment from us. Admit it , yiu secretly are just checking in on the MJ / LJ debate :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    [​IMG]

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    So give us a Bowens update so we can turn our attention to that fascinating UGA commit. I mean i love reading that Bowens jumped 157 places in 3 days since flipping. The kid probably didn't even leave his living room during that time yet jumped 157 spots. Smh. I love reading that predictable ass shit.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    My guy, I have a feeling you caught the tail end of this convo and are assuming something’s here. I specifically said I am not saying Lebron is the best. I specifically said Lebron is a top 2 player in history. This conversation started with somebody saying Lebron and MJ are not even in the same stratosphere and I said they definitely are. That it. I don’t need to address your comments about the greatest ever or prove that he is because I never claimed that. Not once.

Now, since you now know the entire context behind the conversation….MJ stayed for 5 years before they got a good cast around him. James stayed for 7-8 and they never did. Why would James waste his career in Cleveland when they’ve shown they will only give him an endless supply of plumbers as help? It’s not a knock on MJ that Chicago gave him what he needed, it’s also not a knock on Lebron that Cleveland never even tried.
    Rodmans production was unmatched, don’t try and act like he was too old. I said the same thing about Ray Allen but then also added he was very important to that team. I don’t believe you are arguing in good faith, this is an example.
    Your examples of people sticking around on their teams are all examples of teams that provided their star with a good roster. How is so hard to comprehend that Lebron was given players like Anderson Verejao, Delante West, Big Z, old as f%^k Shaq? Again, horrible comparison.

Don’t act like rings are what determines the goat, otherwise you would be arguing for Bill Russell. 11>6 right?
    My entire position, the entire time, is that this discussion requires a crap ton of context and you cannot actually compare MJ and Lebrons careers side by side without diving into all of the mountains of context surrounding their rosters, coaches, rule changes, career moves, etc. I never said Lebron was the best, I did however say Lebron was a top 2 player of all time and provide tons of information as to why Lebron is definitely in MJs range, in opposition to the original comment saying MJ and Lebron were no where near eachother. That’s it. Stop being so sensitive about MJ, it’s a bad look for a lot of people. Can’t even comprehend that MJ might not the best ever. It’s insane.

5. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    The projection is laughable. Absolute lies and slander. I’m sitting here writing paragraphs, in response to your guys claims of stuff I never even said. Please, if you’re going to bow out, commit and bow out. There is no “winning this argument” it’s all an opinion- based on what people value more in accolades that determine the goat.

The original response was that Lebron is definitely comparable to Lebron and they’re in the same tier in NBA history. That’s it. People keep hoping in the convo at the last second and apparently just straight up making stuff up about what I’ve said. As if it isn’t all available to all of us or something. Don’t be that guy, do better.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  6. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    If Cleveland was that bad to him why go back 4 years later after Miami started losing? And to say he hasn't had helpmis silly.

The former No. 1 overall pick had played with eight other top picks -- Shaquille O'Neal, Joe Smith, Andrew Bogut, Greg Oden, Derrick Rose and Kyrie Irving -- Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]. Yiu also forgot to add Kevin love, MO Williams, Carlos boozer etc. But I enjoyed this debate even if you avoided the questions like how the hell does he go 2-16 in 4 finals appearances but I'm off to other fascinating convos like how Bowens is still a dawg lol. Appreciate the debate tho seriously.[/FONT]

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.