Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Changes are afoot...

Discussion in 'GC Hall of Fame' started by Solari, Nov 25, 2017.

1. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    The IMDB message boards about movies were ended because the community was so vile and hostile. Hard to balance liberty so people feel free and civility so people feel they are treated fairly. Hope you guys nail it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. solari

solari GC Janitor VIP Member GC Staff

I know who you're referring to. ; ) In fact, he has been banned before. He means well and often makes good points but I know how he can rankle others because he is so ardent in how he feels. He is very loyal and protective of Gator Country. That said, I've personally reached out to him to ask him to tone it down a bit in lieu of our new policy.

Ray

• Optimistic Optimistic x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. jsgator

jsgator GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    Can we make an exception for Nussmeier and Nord? ;)

• Funny Funny x 5
  4. UFsports24_7

UFsports24_7 VIP Member

Sep 21, 2016
    San Diego
    Don't mean to be complaining Ray. I think you do a great job with this site, as evidenced by the membership. Keep doing what you feel is best!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Juggernautz

Juggernautz Don't tread on me! VIP Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Yulee, FL
    Hear! Hear!

6. solari

No worries, your input is always appreciated! Thanks.

Ray

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. greater_gator

greater_gator GC Legend

Feb 9, 2009
    Well done Ray. More discussion about Xs and Os and less whining (about coaches, playcalling, results, posters and players) is always good in my book. Protecting the insiders from idiocy is also a key. Zo, KC, genesis, gary, (others im sure) are the main reason many love GC.

I am guilty of having a penchant for the F bomb, the MF bomb, the B bomb, the S bomb, and lots of other bombs...but thats mostly from my sense of humour and not mean spirited. I apologize for any of that in the past. I look forward to the new heavy-handed regime, #istandwithGCsecretpolice

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. kennystyle

kennystyle VIP Member

Sep 10, 2008
    Thanks. I understand I have multiple degrees and in my profession I know how to speak with out being vulgar.

Sometimes though it’s nice to come to a place and be able to say somethings you can’t say everyday.

Again not that I get in here and cuss all the time. But I think adults in a message board should be able too.

But. If you say no. I will respect it and do it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. jlight

jlight VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Is it the one who thinks he is always the smartest one in the room and attacks those he disagrees with even when he is not being addressed? I’m not sure if we are talking about the same person but it’s very irritating and it’s out of control in my opinion. Those kinds of posters are the ones who created unnecessary agitation when people want discussion.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. UFsports24_7

UFsports24_7 VIP Member

Sep 21, 2016
    San Diego
    Yes we are talking about the same one. And like you stated, he seeks people to argue with even when they are having absolutely no discussion with him. I finally got him to block me a few months back when I just decided to argue with hm and prove he was wrong. So he took the "high road" and blocked me lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. bhrgator

bhrgator VIP Member

Thank you, Ray. I haven't made it past page 4 but want to say that I was sick and tired of the infighting, the negativity of supposed fans and the language on other sites (I'm not a prude and do use a bit of profanity now and then, but I don't want to read it in every other post). When I found GC, it was like a breath of fresh air. Thanks for keeping it that way!

• Like Like x 2
  12. hbgator76

hbgator76 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    ...um...I think it's PR you mean...just correcting in a nice, helpful manner.

...and I wish I'd said it first...

13. 67walkon

67walkon VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    As a younger man, I sought out the gyms in black communities to play basketball. Often, I was the only white guy in the gyms. Usually, my skin color ceased being an issue and it became a question of whether I could help guys win games.

I also played with white guys and wherever there was a good game.

My language got kind of bad. There was a word that began with f that could be a noun, a verb, an adverb or an adjective. I used it a lot.

After I became a father, but not right away, I decided my vocabulary needed expansion. I determined not to use that word. It was a good decision. Occasionally, I slip, but not so often.

And it's been ok. Guys still understand me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. hbgator76

hbgator76 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I add my thanks as well. I quoted the above because I was going to say the same thing. I belong to "TOS" as well, but the place is rife with immature, ill-considered posts and does not, indeed, add anything helpful to my life or my understanding of all things Gator.

As I said in another thread recently...as much of a pain as the the last few years of football have been as expressed on this Board, the last couple of weeks have proven to me again why I love being here among passionate fans who are (well, many anyway) intelligent and informed.

I truly look forward to the changes!

• Like Like x 3
  15. G8RLegist

G8RLegist Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    Shoot, you're right! My bad.

16. lhnewman

lhnewman Premium Member

Dec 4, 2008
    ahh...The Four Agreements!!

17. gatorgrl76

gatorgrl76 VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Jacksonville,Florida

A lot of things change for sure when we have children. I know that when I lose it my son reminds me "It's just a football game mom." He is 21 and I wish I had half the wisdom that he does. He has told me over and over during the last few weeks that it's not worth stroking out over. He also reminded me of something that his grandfather said to him before he passed away. He told him to choose his words wisely because "your words are a true reflection of your character." Ouch!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. nastyreptile

nastyreptile Nasty Reptile

Apr 3, 2007
    I only use that word when discussing things with my computer when I have a glitch...:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops GC Columnist VIP Member

Apr 10, 2007
    I have the cure-all for the Gator Nation: Shelve the coaching hire talk, and go watch the hoops team. You'll be happy again. (And tired, if you begin doing so this weekend)

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. solari

Very wise kid! Sounds like you've raised him well, remember that. :)

Ray

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1