Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Changes ahead?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gator34654, Sep 11, 2022.

1. gator34654

gator34654 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 5, 2007
    Now you're onto something, bush is even better. But no don't have such an emoji

2. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    I was literally just thinking this earlier. At this point its the same for me, Johnson, Etienne and then I'd rather see what Lingard can do in the 3rd spot at this point because Wright has been fairly ineffective.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. xenythx

xenythx GC Hall of Fame

Jul 20, 2007
    Napier doesn’t seem like a guy that’s gonna make drastic changes from week to week based on wins or losses. He has a plan and he’s going to stick to it. That’s what he’s always told us. It might result in losses, but it’s going to hopefully make us better as a team/program.

Ultimately, it might be his downfall, but we just have to trust him for now.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    Has Coach addressed why AR rarely, if at all rushed the ball.over the last 3 qtrs. Just seems odd considering he had massive holes he could have pulled the ball down and run.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    Mullen specialized in short term stop gaps that neglected the long term health of the program. He filled in gaps with some key talent from the portal but he didn't leave much of a foundation for regular success. At this point I'm willing to take our lumps now if it means following a plan for long term success.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. hoyt233

hoyt233 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 31, 2009
    Prattvile, AL-Go Lions!
    Ask Notre Dame. LOL. Ask Jimbo. LOL. Ask Scott Frost-who many on here wanted to be our coach. LOL.

7. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 13, 2007
    You guys are wild.

AR is going to be a first round pick at QB. He had a bad game. I hate to break it to you but we’ve had these games for the last 12 years.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    Wow. AR was money as far as making reads last night. He found the open guy.. he’ll he knew who the open guy would be before the snap many times.. he didn’t deliver the ball. He over threw Ahorter several times ( and a few times Ahorter could have caught a little harder to make the catch..)
    He over threw across the middle several times. All of those are a young inexperienced Qb too amped up and in his own head. He has good mechanics. He is smart. The rest will come.
    I’d like to see more RPO as well… but I think at least half the playbook hasn’t been installed yet.
    We need play makers at WR. Desperately. We need more beef on the lines and better LB. RB and DB look pretty good. And can we please find a top tier pass catching TE!!!! Make any team using the lb to spy AR pay with the TE! Please!

9. ofmgator12

ofmgator12 Sophomore

Jul 23, 2022
    Amazing how fans can change their allegiance after a bad game. Give AR and the coaches a break, be a real fan! I sure wouldn't want any naysayers on here covering my back. Unfortunately there have always been "Sunshine Gators" on this site and unfortunately there always will be. Go root for half-ass-u.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. eggman

eggman Senior

Aug 25, 2007
    There were a ton of NFL scouts there last night. And with an entire off-season of hype, and after the Utah game, AR came out pressing. I feel bad for AR. Too much too soon for him. Give the guy a break and let him settle into all of this.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Same thinking and even with Lingard. Top 2 guys need to double their Carries.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Not giving up. Hoping for improvement. But AR has started three games and two of them may have been the worst starts I can remember. So it’s sobering.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I beg to differ. We've seen enough. He doesn't have it between the ears. See Vince Young and J. Russell. If the kid wants to make a living playing a game he must change positions soon.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 4
  14. freedomgator

freedomgator GC Hall of Fame

Mar 26, 2017
    Did you just try to make a case against AR being a first rounder by citing two first rounders?

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    Tell me you don’t watch the film with out telling me you don’t watch the film. ARs decision making isn’t the issue…at all.

• Like Like x 1
  16. gator10

gator10 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2015
    What are you basing this on? He may be a 1st round pick in a few years but he is light years away from that right now. I think this is more than a bad game…this is an inability to make good decisions and throw an accurate ball. He is a major work in progress right now.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Like he telegraphed the two INT's that cost us the game. I'm not trying to be negative. I am however a realist. He's not a young freshman. Those types of interceptions should not be occurring at this juncture of his maturation.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Think bigger.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  19. gator34654

gator34654 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 5, 2007
    In spite of all the "come on man's" I fully stand by my opinion, our strength is not in the passing attack but in running and that includes RPO's using AR's feet. In all of his playing time, he completes passes 54 percent of the time, 7 td's with 8 ints. Yes, that's against top ranked teams but he is better suited at running than passing.
    I believe with his God given ability he will indeed play at the next level but not as a qb. With his height and speed I can see him as a great TE.
    I mean no disrespect to AR, so glad he's a gator and I will be pulling for him and the team all year long to win, but just speaking for me at least up to this point, inconsistencies is a concern. Ok, let the bacons begin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. littledaddy99

littledaddy99 Freshman

Jan 21, 2022
    Good grief what ridiculous and over blown thread…

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2022