Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

CES 2017: Kingston unveils 'world's highest capacity USB flash drive'

Discussion in 'Gator Bytes' started by LakeGator, Jan 4, 2017.

1. LakeGator

LakeGator Mostly Harmless Moderator

Apr 3, 2007
    Tampa
    Everyone knows the days of mechanical data storage are drawing to an end. It seems likely that disk drives will not exist in another decade.

This article describes the 1TB and 2TB flash drives that Kingston announced. They are supposed to ship in February, 2017.

• Like Like x 2
  2. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I could see a 2TB flash drive being pretty handy.

3. enviroGator

enviroGator Premium Member

Apr 12, 2007
    My first computer had 64k...

I remember when the first 40MB hard drive came out and I thought... wow... I'll NEVER fill that up!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. flgatr1

flgatr1 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    jacksonville, florida
    Just checked it out. Very, very expensive.

5. LakeGator

LakeGator Mostly Harmless Moderator

Apr 3, 2007
    Tampa
    This article, Kingston's 2TB 'world's highest capacity USB flash drive' costs almost as much as a MacBook Pro, gives the prices which seem to go at least one very above "very very expensive." :devil:

6. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    I'm constantly losing flash drives, but maybe that's because I use the 1-4 gb freebies so I have little incentive to keep track of them. And when I say I lose them, I mean in my house. I'll put a file on one to move to a different computer and they fall into the black hole (that every house seems to have) never to be seen again.

I'd literally have to chain that 2TB one to myself.

7. anstro76

anstro76 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 14, 2008
    St.Petersburg
    Yeah do any kind of symposium or conference and they're in every swag bag. I'll never use the space on the ones I have. But I need to save a spreadsheet telling me what's saved on each lol